Getting modern warfare 2 this week!!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So do you have to do something special to prestige. I have never made it that far on any of the COD's. Do you not just level up to it?

Once you finish level 70 you'll get an option to enter prestige mode. If you enter it then you'll start back at level 1 and you can go to 70 again. You can do this ten times. You get a different emblem by your name for every prestige.

Once you enter prestige there are extra challenges available too...

hit level 70, hit the prestige mode button a few times and you start all over. only difference is you get more challenges per weapon, a whole new set in the barracks, AND a 6th create a class. everyone should prestige at least once, but after you prestige to the 9th (where i am now), youll have ten custom classes you can create. :)

do you get up to level 70 faster when you are prestiging or is it just as long?

its around the same, but it depends on how many challenges you work on. i tend to go back and forth working on finishing certain gun attachment challenges between different games. the more guns you work on the more xp you earn and you level up faster. right now im working on my fmj kills for the tar, getting to 250 kills with the spas12, getting my m16 silencer and finishing the rds challenge for the scar.

i'm working on completing my m16 challenges.. all of them.. only thing left is headshot/prestige headshots.. all the others are done

i'm working on completing my m16 challenges.. all of them.. only thing left is headshot/prestige headshots.. all the others are done

thats cause youre a wussy who wont prestige again :ph34r:

the prestige kills/headshot challenges dont reset when you prestige again, btw.

I just dont have the time to prestige nine times. I have had the game since it came out and I am still not out of the 30's yet.

Yep, I finished the M16/Scar and M4 prestige kill challenges like 4 prestiges ago, now I'm working on just getting the headshots completed.

Playing last night on Estate, I threw a care package behind the garage. I saw someone go upstairs in the garage looking for me, I missed when I fired at him so he came charging me just as the package dropped. I got the lucky ass "Heads Up!" challenge completed in the prestige challenges by pure luck, he was about one step away from knifing me. lol

Last edited:
Another one? damn, nice. Too bad that the 5 new maps they just put in seem to pop up way too much as it is right now out of the 21 there are.

damn.. so i gotta buy 2 now.. lol.. havent even gotten the first one yet.. hopefully i get some microsoft points for my bday

Another one? damn, nice. Too bad that the 5 new maps they just put in seem to pop up way too much as it is right now out of the 21 there are.

theres 21 maps?!?!? feels like 4....

i play "rust" about 1:50. thats a fun one if you want just just get a shitload of kills.

theres 21 maps?!?!? feels like 4....

i play "rust" about 1:50. thats a fun one if you want just just get a shitload of kills.

lol I know what you mean. There were 16 original maps for MW2, the map pack released 5 new ones, and now another 5 new ones will bring it to 26 maps, all of which you'll play on the 10 new ones 99% of the time. lol

thats why i find so little matches when searching for a match

shut up....

anyway, i hate when i get with a good team and then start recycling maps. i dont' want to back out, but i get tired of playing "overgrown" 3 out of 7 maps.

I have had the same experience. If you are lucky enough to find a decent functional pick up team it does turn into a catch 22.

Back