Going back to school

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you sir. Hope it works out well for you in the end.

The only thing I don't like about this is that it's all online. How are you going to fuck sorority sluts? :shrug2:

Good luck B. The only online class I simply cannot do online is math. Then again I have a very hard time with math to begin with.

When I attended ITT my TelCo class focused solely on POT lines. It mentioned VoIP in the same sense one would mention fusion. Like it is some sort of lofty goal that may or may not work. I also had an instructor that wrote a white paper on how e-commerce was still born but boy oh boy did he know a shit load about token ring networks...

The only thing I don't like about this is that it's all online. How are you going to fuck sorority sluts? :shrug2:
There's a message board system for all classes, so there's still other classmate interaction.

Good luck B. The only online class I simply cannot do online is math.
There's no advanced math on the curriculum at all, and i think all my credits will take care of the few that are on it.

Then again I have a very hard time with math to begin with.

When I attended ITT my TelCo class focused solely on POT lines. It mentioned VoIP in the same sense one would mention fusion. Like it is some sort of lofty goal that may or may not work. I also had an instructor that wrote a white paper on how e-commerce was still born but boy oh boy did he know a shit load about token ring networks...

And you can have the same shit professor in a classroom just the same. I know i've had my fair share of them.

There's nothing worse than sitting in class bored out of your mind and shaking your head at all the wrong shit he's teaching. its like listening to ricers talk about turning thier shit to run 9s.

thats what a network administrator does.

my boss (director of IT) is in the thick of it all day despite his title. its how we make money. sell services, automate companies, and use our extra time to do hands on with smaller clients that cant afford the automation.

How big is your company (Revenue and employee size)?

i have taken a few online courses at a community college, and i honestly like online far better than in class, for several reasons:
i dont have to deal with the commute to campus
i dont have to deal with the parking/security on campus
i dont have a set time to wake up in the morning
i dont have to sit in class in silence, i can listen to music/eat while i study
i dont have to deal with all the drama/bullshit from other people that can be associated with college

not to mention, i think that there is a greater potential for learning without a professor prodding your ass telling you how to learn. not to mention, some of them do not know what they are talking about. books seem to be the best source of solid information, and when you take an online class, thats virtually all youve got.

awesome decision, B. 3yrs aint too bad for a MBA either.

you have an AA correct? if so, damn near all of your previous credits should transfer.. im going through this little ordeal right now actually.

No, I have 2.5 years done towards a BA though. 95 cerdits in total. I'm hoping 50-ish transfer. A lot of the programming ones simply aren't a part of this masters, so there's nothing for them to transfer to.

The other thing you have to watch out for with transfers is that most schools have an upper division hours requirement, so if you took something that was 2000 level elsewhere and the school you're transferring to allows it to satisfy a 3000 level requirement, you might have to end up taking another 3000 or 4000 level course just to complete a certain number of upper division hours.

But yeah, if most of what you took was gen-ed type stuff, then there's a good chance that most all of that will transfer in.

Congrats on the decision BTW! :thumbsup:

I've been thinking MBA for myself as well. Good luck man. And damn they pay peanuts for IT Directors, CTO's etc.. Come to Silicon Valley and make some real money. :p

it's all relative. I can get a castle for the amount you pay for a 1000 sq ft A frame there :D
QFT :)

Over time making 50k+ more a year does pay off though.. :p

Last edited:
Our property taxes are around 1.9%. Earthquake insurance is highway robbery.. This house survived the 1989 quake so I'll take my chances.. :p

welp, looks like this isn't going to happen. Loans didn't come through. I only qualify for less than 1/3 of the tuition....

Can't get any aid as a white male in america it seems. :/

Go through a private lender. Check your banks and file a fafsa. Government will loan to anybody for higher educatio, it will just max out at your tuition rate.

Going back to school is scary sounding to me I need to and I know the mistakes I made in high school but I'm not sure if I could handle the slow pace of learning I like hands on.I lose contratration easily.

so how do i qualify for loans and you don't?

I did qualify. for 9,500, unsubsidized (aka, earns interest from day 1 instead of waiting until graduation to start interest). So, i have 4 years of principal adding interest with no payments, effectively doubling my due to the point of what bother.

Which leaves me $20,000 short of my tuition every year.

I have a conf. call monday at 3 with the fin. aid person to go over the documents more. Maybe i'm reading wrong, who knows, but it doesn't look promising.

i'd like to say there is an easy solution, but i don't think there is. i'm taking a shit ton of loans, but it's not lasting 4 years. maybe only 2 if i'm lucky. you can't really work more. you can't take cheaper classes. it's up to you. will it pay off in the long run? yes. will it suck to pay a shitload of money? yes.

imho, beg, borrow, or steal to get the money. whatever it takes. hit up family, rent out the basement. whatever you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back