Goodbye AllTrac?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stay out of debt. First things first. Using an AllTrac as a down on a truck isn't a bad idea, but paying cash for a CRX or vice-versa might get you into a deep pit. I am unsure what kinda dough you make, but payments on a truck combined with upgrading a CRX might make you wallet thin. And if you do have the money each month to upgrade the CRX as fast as you get the parts, will you have time to hit the trails?

I've seen plenty of CRXs out there, isn't it better to have something more rare? Besides, I love rally cars (IMHO they are more fun on gravel/trails than trucks.) Keep the toyota for a couple more months and save a bit towards a truck, and I guess you're a chevy man so S10-ZR2s wouldn't be all that bad, hell even a blazer-ZR2.

just a thought.
-Odnet

Originally posted by sisteve@Oct 9 2003, 08:49 AM
october mtn huh? ill have to google it up to look into it...

edit: its about 30 minutes from me w00t. You sure there is alot of room for us to ride through there?

a good amount. i never really did any truck riding, but for the atv's you can ride for 2 days and still not cover most of the trails... its awesome. you can also stay at bucksteep manor, they have small cabins and a good size tent area with a direct route into the forest by atv or dirtbike.

do teh locals/police frown upon use of the trails for wheeling/riding?

no, but it would probably be a good idea to join NEATVA if you plan on going there often. if they see one of our stickers they wont hassle you at all.

Well, I have some good news and I have some bad news...

Bad news- those that were looking to buy the AllTrac can bugger off.

Good news- I'm keeping it.

On my way to work today, I had an epiphany. Why the hell am I going to get rid of a car that has twice the traction and power potential as a Honda? I don't need to do a damn thing to the internals of the engine for it to handle 600 HP, and I'll have the ability to actually USE that power on the street. Try that with an '86 CRX. Also, I already have the car, know what it's got, and it's paid for. No screwing around with engine swaps and crap...

New plan- Hold off on buying the truck, which will be an '04 GMC crew cab 4WD Z71 Canyon, 'till the spring time so I can save a few grand for a downpayment, and also because things slow down at the dealership during the winter and I don't want to get stuck with a ~$500/ month bill for insurance on the truck and monthly payments.

Plans for the AllTrac- Cage, seats, no interior, springs, hocks, sways, wheels, tires, big ass turbo (maybe a GT35), front mount, RC front end conversion, TEC II standalone engine management, twin plate clutch, yadda yadda.

Goals- Get the car down to 2800 lbs, put 600 HP to the wheels, pull one G on DOT slicks.

Cost- if you have to ask, you can't afford it. What I have in mind will make B's project look like an OBX muffler.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 10 2003, 08:55 PM
Cost- if you have to ask, you can't afford it. What I have in mind will make B's project look like an OBX muffler.

:lmao: word.

that shits gonna be hot man, im likin it already. 600hp on stock internals? thats insane.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 10 2003, 08:55 PM

holy christ.

buy a house instead man.... its soooooooooooooooooooooooo not worth it.

Well, it's not like I'm going to run out and dump 20 grand into the car this week... It's going to take a few years. As for being worth it... no car is worth it when you look at it like that.

Back