Got it up and running finally

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
Got it up and running finally - Vid now

I called this Holy Sh!t because thats what the GF screamed when I let this baby rip!! Its friggin insane thats all I can say. The video is untouched, it really accelerates THAT fast :huh: Steveo and Cougarxrs tried to test the BAMF Accord, they failed :p

THE Turbo Accord Vid

I just got the E-01 installed in it today, it made a big difference in my boost creep situation. That and the new open wastegate dumpipe I just got, you wanna talk about loud exhaust :rolleyes:
It's running 8psi until ~5800RPM where it shoots to 10psi. I went to pass a car on a backroad today, downshifted to 2nd and smoked the tires passed his door. NO BS :D

bamf.jpg

bamf1.jpg

bamf2.jpg

bamf3.jpg

bamf4.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! You can check her out if ya like :)
www.myspace.com/darla_rose

The car is an animal man, from the first ride till now it hasnt stopped impressing me. After I did about 5 tuning runs, I had it about 90% ON. I hold a 12:1 A/F to redline, I need to tune the timing in the mid range a lil bit still.

After I read a lot on pgmfi.org, I figured out the issues I was having trying to program a chip and run it in the PT3 ecu. I bought a untouched P06 and socketted it. From there it was all golden :D

Edit: If you need to Crome tune, I can do it now ;)

tell me about crome? what sort of issues did you run into?
you running the 3 bar now?
whats your CEL in the video?

can you point me to a good FAQ or tuning walk through...

Last edited:
Since you have so much knowledge to tap ;) How do I check the CEL code? Is it like the Grand Nationals where you cross 2 pins on the scanner port and the CEL flashes the code?

The issues were with the stock computer. Some ECU's havent been discovered yet, which is really no issue I found out. You can use a few different ECU's and still use the map for your car and make it run. After finding that out I bought the P06 and had it rushed to me. On Xenocron they make it kinda easy, he shows what ecu's you can buy chipped. Those are the ones that can be tuned with the program of your choice.

Yes I'm running the 3 bar map sensor now. The install was pretty easy and straight forward.

I found most of my info from the basic info posts they have out in the open on pgmfi.org and the rest was from going through post after post in the Accord section to get my thoughts straight on what needed to happen. If you have a specific question I may be able to help, I've read quite a bit about it now. I'm def no expert and will NEVER claim to be one. BUT I did figure out my setup and got a pretty good tune on it without even going to the dyno. A lil datalogging and a few passes, DONE :)

Tuning:
I'm no pro tuner man, but I can tell you what works for me and maybe you'll have luck with my ideas. I found that a lot of the timing maps were the same for different sized engines and cars, not all but a good majority.

I used a F23 ROM then loaded boost tools to configure the 3 bar sensor. After that I checked to make sure Vtec was disabled and the O2 heater since I installed a Wideband too. Then I started it up and made sure it idled. After a couple blips of the throttle, I started driving around staying out of boost! I checked to see that everywhere out of boost was getting the right amount of fuel and there was no pinging/knocking. Also if the car hesitates when you try to apply throttle, most likely the timing is off. Tuning timing is kinda tricky to explain quickly, I would try a couple base maps until you get a stock timing curve that works well for your car. Dyno tuning after this basic tune would get you the optimal settings for everything.

Once you get a map that has a timing curve that makes your car run nice everywhere without pinging/knocking, you can start to tune the WOT. Keep an eye on your EGT and Wideband gauge while you lay into the throttle. When you load boost tools it puts in some generic numbers for boost, these will be good enough to start figuring it all out. In Crome the Boost maps are the columns to the right with B's in front of the #'s. I tuned the injector duty cycle map mainly for fuel in boost. Everywhere the A/F dipped below or above 12:1 in boost you need to adjust. I kept going back and forth between logging a WOT pass and then tuning the injector map to get the A/F to be stable throughout the band.

ALSO, when boost tools is installed it does a generic timing retard/psi of boost. You can mess with this setting to get more power, but beware, the more you advance in boost the greater the chance for knock. I would stick with the standard .75/psi of boost. If you're feeling crazy or have a knock sensor to monitor, try going to .5/psi of boost and you'll get some more power. BUT, there's also another way to tell if the timing is too retarded in boost. If the EGT's climb real high during a long pull, most likely the timing is too retarded and is creating a lot of heat! Then go back to the .5/psi and try a run like that.

At this time you should have WOT and the stock timing curve pretty well dialed in. Now's the time to start addressing low boost/part throttle tuning. I do this with a friend usually, its hard to watch the boost gauge, tach, A/F, and EGT all at the same time while driving. With the friend hawking the gauges, accelerate into 0 or 1psi, watch the egt and a/f as you go through the band holding 0 or 1psi as close as possible. Then go back and tune the injector map just like you did for WOT. Then I do the same for 2-3psi and so on........ If you cant get all the way through the band holding part throttle, its ok. You can guesstimate a bit based on the pattern developing from the tune.

Some people will tell you this method sucks or there's is better, thats cool, please post it up. I always am up for reading more and more about tuning since I do it all me-self. I've tuned about a dozen turbo cars using my own method stated above and they ALL still run and strong :D

How bouts a lil rep power for me now ;) :lol:

Last edited:
https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/88-ecu-error-codes-29109/

Here's a handy chart for pulling your ECU codes. Pulling the code is a fairly easy process.
For 92+ Honda's and 94+ Acura's:

Before you can start reading the CEL (check engine light) in your dash, you need to 'jump' your ecu. Here's how.
Located the factory two-pin connector of brown and black wires near the ECU on Civics del Sols and Integra's, or behind the center console for Preludes and Accords. Pull that 2-pin out of the main harness. Using a wire or paper clip as a jumper, connect the outputs of the harness together, so that the black wire and the brown wire make a circuit. Once this is jumped together, the dash will start the light show, so its a good idea to jump first, then turn to on.

For 88-91 Honda's and 86-93 Acura's:

The ECU's on these cars actually have a neat little window right on the computer case. No need to jump here- just turn it to on, and watch it right there through that window.

For both steps above, the output will be in a Morse code style of long and short lights. For example, 2 long, pause, 3 short is 23.

450's at about 70-75% top of the band. I'm going to set it up to run 12-14psi and hopefully not max out the injectors. If I do, my buddy has a set of 550's he'll sell me cheap to switch to.

god damn you peak and hold cars...
i've gotta get a set of 440's, satuarated... or maybe i'll go with slightly larger but i don't see the IHI turbo needing more than 440cc, lol

so i thought you were waiting on the ostrich?

I still dont have it. Thats why I was logging and then re-burning the chip. When I got the tune I wanted, I burned it onto a new chip and installed that. The Ostrich will be nice for when I goto the dyno.

yes. Thats the only way to log.

You can have a friend watch, I do that when I dont have logging capabilities.

i guess youve never ridden in anything fast..

glad to see 200ish whp tickles your pickel so much.

i wish 200whp still satisfied me, things would be so much cheaper

why do i have to see this stuff?... i think i'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and boost my b16..

Never riden in anything fast.....nope. Just a 10 second street car that I helped my dad build over the last few years. No biggie though right ;)
http://www.nicksturbomatrix.com/vids/takeoff.wmv

Thanks for finaly talking to me, trying to insult me none the less too.
Cut me some slack man, this is not a high dollar car obviously!! Its a budget racer, I bought the car for 200 and made a kit for around 1K. Considering the money invested, yeah its great :D If you dont like, move on then. Some people can appreciate a person who doesnt work with cars daily, building a turbo car and tuning it by myself!

Last edited:
not insulting you at all. just the way you described how fast it was, i figured youd never been in a car faster than 14 seconds.

because obviously that setup is nothing crazy. probably 200ish whp.

looks clean , not saying its shit, just saying its not that fast.

You know what, I'm sorry mang. I must've been in a funky mood or something yesterday. I realized you were reffering to my original post and how I was talking it up, its not YOUR definition of an animal, I get it :) I was thinking about it on my ride in this morning and you beat me to the posting :p

Edit:
This is only 8-10psi too, I plan on running 12-14 at the track. Not really a HUGE jump in power but it will be a bit faster. PLUS this is on a street tune that I spent less then an hour on. There's more power in there, just gotta finish a couple other lil things and get to my buddy's dyno. I'll post up a new vid when I get it all said and done.:cool:

Last edited:
You know what, I'm sorry mang. I must've been in a funky mood or something yesterday. I realized you were reffering to my original post and how I was talking it up, its not YOUR definition of an animal, I get it :) I was thinking about it on my ride in this morning and you beat me to the posting :p
what a great attitude, i hope you stick around here...

I dont want people to hate me, or hate people for that matter. Sometimes I get in a lil funk and either dont read or perceive it properly. I realize I was wrong there so an apology was definately due :)

ccfab said:
not insulting you at all. just the way you described how fast it was, i figured youd never been in a car faster than 14 seconds.

because obviously that setup is nothing crazy. probably 200ish whp.

looks clean , not saying its shit, just saying its not that fast.

doesnt matter. how many people have turbo'd a 4g accord to begin with?

mad props. turbo&auto.

Back