GSR in Ek Coupe, Exhaust Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have a 91 integra.. i did ls/vtec.... me and my best friend did it...now im sending my head off to my friends dad so he can fully port it and put in my valve train when it arrives... but my friend had a dc2 integra and we put in a gsr and he had the same exhaust problem.. then he wrecked it so he bought a dc with a b16 now he fucked up some wiring in it and it wont start... havent looked at it yet but i donno

you need the si hoses the gsr radiator is different than a civic's. and what i did because my ek was an hx (same problem) was get a high flow cat at napa like $80 then had a shop weld a flange and a little extension pipe on each side of the cat to meet the header and exhaust and added an o2 bung on each side of the cat and extended my o2 wires to reach down there. i had a si/ex cat back on the car already so, if i ever have to buy a new exhaust i just by a catback for an ex/si model. i am in washington also and this setup passed emissions.

did you get smogged or just obd checked?

im gonna try the WS2 exhaust and Password resonated test pipe, $430 for the exhaust, $149 for the pipe... man shits addin up and i still got a long way to go..

anyone wanna buy a CRX SI LOTS of goodies? bank roll running out.. LMAO. time to move the CRX on to another owner i think.

Ok one more question i want to shoot for before i commit to buying... would a DX exhaust have a longer b pipe on it becuase there is no cat under the car? and the EX exhaust have a shorter b pipe because there IS a cat under the car?

The idea i just got was to get a Ex exhaust for my DX car and get a GSR header and and ajustable test pipe to take up any slack and deal with the flange issues...

hot dam i think i may have figured it out!!

anyone know the difference between the DX and EX exhaust so i dont have to drive down to intec tomorrow to figure it out??

THANKS ALL!!

know what i would do.. take the exhaust off.. the whole thing this is what i did.... ran open header all the way to the exhaust shop... which was like 15 min away... i got a cat from a buddy drove into the exhaust shop and told them i wanted 2 1/2 all the way back... they said okay.. the inspected my cat to make sure it wasnt gutted... an hour later and 80 bucks i had a full custom 2 1/2 in exhaust system... but we dont have emisson or smog or whatever in this part of washington...

ya well it was 60 bucks for the tubing and 20 bucks to hang my exhaust tip... actually my buddys dads g/fs parents own a exhaust shop and he told me 60 bucks for the whole thing but when i went there to go get it done they where gone for a week in idaho hunting so ya

the ex/si cat would leave more room for a cat or test pipe the dx exhaust will be longer. dont get piping done at a muffler shop they are crush bent and not mandrel bent and reestrict flow and sound like crap order your test pipe and the greddy catback for an ex/si you shouldnt have any problems. i have never heard about the check engine codes your talking about being non fixable. i was throwing the fuel pressure code 91 i think or something like that and i changed to an si fuel pump and it never happend again.

Back