H22 Installment?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

debbieriv

Hey guys!!
I going to swap my engine from f22 to h22. (91 accord 4dr EX) I have the wireharness, engine, ecu and the axles. Now everything should plug no problem right? Has anyone completed this job yet? if you have send me and email about it. (debbieriv8@aol.com) I looking for some pictures to make sure the job was done. If so send me pictures of it. That would be a great help....

Thanks in advance for input

Holy wrong forum Batman!! Moving....

And the swap will be plug n play except for one detail...wiring. You've got an OBD0 chassis, and you'll have to convert to OBD1. You say you have the wiring harness...do you mean you have a full OBD1 H22 harness? If so, your life will be a little easier, but you'll still have to do some manual wiring.

Yeah I have the wiring for h22... Are talking about hook up the Vtec and knock sensor? Yeah, thats the problem Im having right now.... Do you have any input on this....

Thanks

No, if you've got a full wiring harness for the H22, then the knock sensor and VTEC should be plug n play as well. If it isn't, then you don't have a full H22 harness, or you don't have an H22 harness at all.

But I was talking about other wiring issues....a buddy of mine dropped an OBD1 B20 into his OBD0 Lude, and he had to rip apart his dash to rerun some wires. I really don't know what was involved, but I could put you in touch with him if you'd like.

Hey guys,

I've been researching this for weeks. Im dropping my H22 into my '91 accord coupe in a week. Every one ive talked to said use the accord harness. you have to swap the egr and o2 sensor heater pin outs, but the vtec just wires right in to the empty pinouts. Havent tried it yet, but thats what ive been told.

The 90-93 accord is obd1 and so is the 93-96 prelude engine...you will not have to change much for the wiring, you have to only run the vtec wires and a couple others....other than that the engine bolts right up...for more info goto www.h22a.org

Wrong. The 90-91 Accords are OBD0, so he'll have to do some wiring conversion to get it to work.

WRONG. The 90-93 accords are all obd1, check your resources I didn't know for sure, so i asked people that have put the h22 in the 90-91 accord and they have told me that all the wiring that you have to do is to wire the vtec and very few other things. No major conversion here. All 90-93 accords are obd1.

Originally posted by h22dreamer@May 22 2003, 03:06 PM
WRONG. The 90-93 accords are all obd1, check your resources I didn't know for sure, so i asked people that have put the h22 in the 90-91 accord and they have told me that all the wiring that you have to do is to wire the vtec and very few other things. No major conversion here. All 90-93 accords are obd1.

If you are going to be a dick about it, post some facts. For all I know you and your sources are full of shit. Post just one reputable page (no, just posting what you heard from someone that heard from their girlfriend's borther is not good enough) showing that your 90 or 91 Accord is OBD0 otherwise it stands that ALL Hondas were OBD0 until 1992.

well, im not trying to be a dick about it. No one really knows for sure whether its obd1 or obd0 so, this weekend, im going to pull my carpet back on both of my 90 honda accords and im going to take a picture of my plugs. You may be right, but anyone i have asked said that its obd1 and then also, i have found a couple of sites where it says they are obd0 and also a couple where it says obd1. Im not trying to pick any fights, i just want to get to the bottom of this, because i will be doing the swap very soon. So, after i find this out, ill post it here.

any ways H22adreamers correct. 90-93 accord are OBD1. make sure you got a H22a VTEC from a 93-95 prelude and not a OBD2 96 prelude. i had to do a swap for one of my customer and i had to rewire all his OBD1 wire to OBD2. have fun on the wiring.

Do you have any proof? It doesn't make any sense that Honda would update that chassis 2 years before everything else. I am not saying that it is not possible, just that I want someone to show me some proof.

daymn people are hard headed huh....they said something and you told them wrong and they want PROVES they're wrong...but i agree with chasengnouc 90-95 Accords is OBD1...you have to run 1 knock sensor, 1 IAB and the vtec...you dont have to switch EGR and O2 sensor cuz that's only for the 94-95 accords...

Originally posted by goofyme@May 23 2003, 10:04 PM
daymn people are hard headed huh....they said something and you told them wrong and they want PROVES they're wrong...but i agree with chasengnouc 90-95 Accords is OBD1...you have to run 1 knock sensor, 1 IAB and the vtec...you dont have to switch EGR and O2 sensor cuz that's only for the 94-95 accords...

Where is the proof. You blew by everything said ealier, it is possible that the 90-91 Accords are OBD1 just highly unlikely. Why would Honda have switched that Chassis over before they were required to? Why would they have done it before doing it to any other chassis? Show me a picture of your wiring harness that plugs into your distro or your ECU. If you don't have any proof stop spreading false "information".

I aint gotta prove shit to you...believe it or not it's up to your ignorant ass...i dont gives a rat's ass...but to the person that is looking for info is also up to you too...and yes you should ask around with a couple people for second opinion...cuz some people in the forum is just plane stupid...

Aren't you a worthless fuck. Mr. "I ain't gotta prove shit because I am talking out of my ass and can't prove it anyway." You have to prove something, dipshit, because what you are saying is true sounds like complete :bs:. Offer real information or shut the fuck up. :newbie:

I would believe Hondata and Erick's Racing over this fucktard any day.

Thank you please drive through.

90-91 accords are OBD1, I have a 91 LX with an jdm H22 and i didn't have to rewire my whole car, just vtec, IAB, and knock sensor. I did it theres your proof asshole!

That isn't proof, for all I know you don't know what you are talking about. I am not going to take your word and the guy that started this thread shouldn't either. Got a picture? Why would hondata and Erick's both be wrong? What up up with you folks? A simple picture is all I ask. I am perfectly willing to believe a picture but none of you will produce one.

For that matter why did you all get so damned hostile when I ask for proof? It is illogical for me to believe a couple of yahoo's on a honda board that may or may not be able to count to 12 with their shoes on over 2 very well respected companies. Sorry guys until one of you boneheads produces some solid proof (not just I said so) that chassis stays as OBD0.

Back