h22a crank pulley remover??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

T23755

i just bought a jdm h22a tryin to get the crank bolt off damn thing is on on there tight. tried four different impacts and none worked. i know there is a tool by alltrade for holding the pulley but i dont know if i need the 45mm or the 50mm, id measure but its locked up int the shop till monday!!!!!! if anyone knows which is correct plz let me kno thanks!

take the socket and a long breaker bar and put it on the bolt then lower the car down so that the bar is hitting the ground and bump the engine over, just be very careful that the you dont put the bar where it is going to hit something, when you do this it is going to be loud, that is about the only thing you can do besides buying a tool from moroso

Yeah my engine isnt installed yet but i tried something similar. I placed a 30" breaker bar on the end of the socket then a jump box to the starter, turned it over a few times. Didnt even budge the bolt. I got a buddy whos gonna bring over a 3/4" impact tommorow. If that doesnt work ill go ahead and get the tool. Thanks for advice tho!

Ps dont suppose anybody knows the sixe of that hexagonal opening in the pulley?

And i looked up the tool by moroso and it didn't list the h22a as one of the engines it worked on. Alltrades says thier tool works on 94-95 preludes but im unsure of the year of the engine at the moment ill have to look it up. Anybody know for sure if the moroso works on an h22a?

the moroso tool i did my h23 and a h22, so it should work....if you have the engine on a engine stand then you should have somebody hold the stand with a prybar and piece of pipe while you take the bolt out...no matter what you do it isnt going to be easy

Well i got it off. For anyone who is wondering snap on makes a tool as well. Used that and 2 four foot breaker bars. The tool is like 70 bucks.

I have never used anything but a impact on the bolt. On and off. My motor has seen it several times. And what would the cause be of using an impact ?

The Service Manual doesn't state why not to use an impact wrench. It simply says don't use one. I personally don't know what kind of damage can occur from this.

If the engine is in the car all you have to do is take the starter off to were you can see the flywheel and have some one stick a flat head screw driver were you can hold the flywheel from moving while someone takes a breaker bar and breakes the bolt loose. It takes it a little bit off force but that is the best way to do it.

Back