Had better credit than I thought I did...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes yours does.

Mine is well going to demolish when I get older. But for long lines of credit(construction loans) it has to.

Sweet. I'm approved for 75 grand with my credit and debt/income ratio.

Good thing houses in new haven (that I've seen so far) range from 40k-75k. Then there are some ranging higher than that, mostly towards fort wayne and whatnot.

Found a two story 1300 sq ft house with a two car detached garaged for 42k, 80 years old, 1.5 bathrooms, etc. I like it, but it looks like it needs a lot of work.

Wait a sec.. approved for $75k ? I can't fathom that.

I'm approved for $500k. And I could buy a $42k house out of pocket.

Found a two story 1300 sq ft house with a two car detached garaged for 42k, 80 years old, 1.5 bathrooms, etc. I like it, but it looks like it needs a lot of work.

that's nuts.

Wait a sec.. approved for $75k ? I can't fathom that.

I'm approved for $500k. And I could buy a $42k house out of pocket.

i hear ya... my car practically cost that much, if i were to have bought it new. lol

steve, want to go halves on like, oh, 10 houses or so in that area and rent 'em out? :D

Remember, you live in the rich-bitch part of the country, I do not.

rich part or not... wood is still wood and it still costs pretty much the same everywhere.

take out the land/lot price (probably 70,000 an acre around me) and well, no, scratch that.

trailers are 65k here... lol

Fuck it, I don't care. I got on freecreditreport.com and checked it.

My PLUS Score from Experian: 730. When I asked what my credit rating from teh guy I was talking to he said he couldn't tell me exactly anyway, maybe he bumped it a few times. But I saw his inquiry on my report.

730 credit rating is still pretty fucking awesome.

The report from freecreditreport.com is not the free report that the government mandated the credit bureaus to make avaliable to you once a year, freecreditreport.com is a site that preys on people who don't know there is one official site "https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp" So the score you were given is probably a few points higher than what it may be, but none the less anything 700+ is amazing. Considering the scale is supposed to top out at 850, and suppossedly no one has an 850. The only place to get a true fico score is from MyFico.com , almost all places including credit bureaus use a modified version of the "fico" scoring model. So it's nearly imposssible to get an apples to apples comparison in regards to fico scoring.

Also lenders don't always use the same score, some use a blend from the Big 3, some use TransUnion only, some use Experian only etc..

according to IRS.gov there is only ONE site that offers a credit report. And it's not one of those advertised on TV.

Don't fucking care.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna put a bid on the house. It needs a lot of work, sure... but that's an investment.

Besides, I nutted when he unlocked the garage door and let us in. Holy fucking too much space batman!

A little space heater, a good stereo and that is one hell of a nice garage to store and work on vehicles in.

Three car garage, all open, work benches, etc... it's even got a covered 'oil pit' below the floor so you don't have to jack up a car to work under it.

[nuts again just thinking about it]

2702010.jpg

2702010_01.jpg

A friggen kitchenette in the basement even.
2702010_04.jpg

This house would be worth a shitload if I started dumping tax returns into it.

48k... fucking nuts. the garage is worth that. buy it now.

I was wrong, it's listed at 43k... When I call the guys tomorrow I'm going to offer 45k. :D

Can't wait to work on it.

Because more than one realtor has access to teh house and there have been offers on it. It's only been on the market for 4 days now too.

never trust your realtor. remember, they get a %. the more the house sells for, the more money they make. more so, if you don't make an offer/buy it, they don't get paid.

all realtor's have access to just about any house by making a phone call to get the passcode for the key on the door.. they are nearly all close to each other as they deal with each other all the time.

if theres multiple offers like they say there is, the house is sold. otherwise, they wouldn't have listed it at what they did.

offer low, the worst they say is no.
if you can, work with THEIR realtor. you'll be in the loop so much faster on rejected offers and counters.

The realtor is a customer of mine... I was just at his office for 3 days. Everyone says don't trust them, usually they don't KNOW their realtors. I was told by my dad to offer 45k after looking at the house.

the market isn't hot right now. there is 0 logical reason to offer more than asking price IMO.

B. Not going to lie, but this isn't the east coast. It's a completely different style of market from what I can tell.

Hell over here with good property yoiu have to offer wayyyy higher than listed value. The house I remodeled this past year came out for 320 for 3200 a sf lot, but my friend offered 380. Yeah he got it, but only have the two offers over 400 fell through.

It's all dependent on the area. Generally if property has sat for more than a week on the market, than working around or under the price is generally what you do, but if there are counter offers within a few hours/days, yoiu have to go up to get what you want.

But what do I know? I live in washington, and my market is way different than most over here, and I still don't have enough of an income to buy...just yet.

I am in the process of putting a 47k bid on it, seller pays closing costs of just under 3k. Meaning that they'd get 44k from the house. I found out it was sold for 88k in 2003, and was foreclosed on by the bank late last year (I think he said it's truley been on the market for 170 some days)

I signed a bunch of paperwork today and yada yada. I just need to get 500 to the real estate office asap.

James...Wes' house was a foreclosed house before he bought it and thats how he got his so cheap. but of course it is sorta in the ghetto...

Back