Had better credit than I thought I did...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I am in the process of putting a 47k bid on it, seller pays closing costs of just under 3k. Meaning that they'd get 44k from the house. I found out it was sold for 88k in 2003, and was foreclosed on by the bank late last year (I think he said it's truley been on the market for 170 some days)

I signed a bunch of paperwork today and yada yada. I just need to get 500 to the real estate office asap.
Your only 3 years older than me and I have NO credit. Maybe I should look into that.

Shit you should. You're a year older than me and I have enough to credit to get a house, my income just holds me back.

Doing some number crunching here this should be fairly easy for me to afford. If I got a secondary part time clerk job down the street somewhere I could have my consol. loan paid off in under 3 years easily...

The house already has satellite dishes installed, FiOS should be available there even. 15 mb/download for 45 bucks a month here I come!

[nuts just over that]

Do you have any open lines of credit? Any repo's? (I doubt you have any foreclosures or bankruptcies)

If you have any credit cards how long have you had them?

The two that were helping my credit the most were my capital one and lenscrafters accounts, one has been opened since 01 and the other since 02. Both have excellent payment histories month by month on them. Paid (mostly) on time, and always at the very least of the min. amt. due.

I don't own a credit card and most of my monthly bills are technically under my parents name.

That's why you have no credit.

A good payment history on a long standing line of credit is what really helps your credit rating.

haha I went and got a peddlers post to look up washer/dryer listings, then my parents tell me tonight about the stacked washer/dryer they have sitting in the basement that I forgot about.

Now all I need is a frige, and maybe a little frige for the basement.

Congrats, too bad houses aren't that cheap around here.

BTW in your sig A ford Windstar isn't a truck its a minivan.

Congrats, too bad houses aren't that cheap around here.

BTW in your sig A ford Windstar isn't a truck its a minivan.

It's titled & plated as a truck, not a passenger vehicle. It's gated and has drawers/chests in the back, instead of a seats. Right now it's loaded with 4 boxes of Cat5e wire, a roll of 12 pair Cat3 wire, and a ladder.

IE... it's my work TRUCK.

Anyway... Just drew up some not to scale sketches of each of the floors. :D

Main floor
MainFloor-1.jpg

Second Floor
SecondFloor.jpg

^ The box above the main bedroom is an outside fenced in porch area. There's a door in the back right there in that closet. It's frikken sweet.

Basement
basement.jpg

Again, it's not to scale.

South is to the top of the drawings...

Roughly 740-750 square feet per floor.

Looking at the pictures, it looks like that upper deck goes to the side of the house. Oh well. :)

Last edited:
i just checked my credit score. i have no real credit cards, well i have one that my mom gave me, its got my name on it and i never use it, its for emergencies i guess. im pretty sure the card is linked with her account though, she pays the bill. and i have my bank card from my bank, i always use the credit option when i use it (dont like typing my pin # in) not sure if that does anything for my credit. and im sure my school loan is on there, but i havent started paying it yet since im still in school.

experian gave my score as 687 (says the scale is 501-990). says im a medium-high risk to lenders. i really have no desire to get a credit card though, i have no need for one. i feel if i dont have the money for something, then im not gonna buy it.

also it says i have 2 accounts in good standing, 1 from US dept of Edu. ok, my loans, and 2 is from Bank of America? i dont have an account there, never have, says it was open since 2001 too, weird... and looking at the address, its not my address for the bank account, same with the dept of edu, address, not my address... wtf?

Is there anything you or your mom bought with your name on hte account from BoA? My lenscrafters has been on since I bought my glasses in 01 or 02, i forgot about that account but it's there.

not that i know of, my mom uses M&T. unless one of my school loans is from there, i really dont know.

but why would the address be different then mine? unless it lists the address of the bank? lol. it says the BoA is in DE and the dept of edu was somewhere in NY. my address is in Baltimore.

If it's one/part of your school loan it might be a bank in DE. who knows? lol

but hell, it's there helping you.

i dont know how you people live without credit cards.

i use my cc for everything... i don't carry much cash on me. so much easier to just pay one bill online at the end of the month than to go to the atm all the time.

i use my check card as a credit card. it says visa, has a legit number/exp date, just no monthly bill :)

i dont have a credit card because of my bad credit history. i CAN get one but i choose not to because i know i would be using it all the time plus it would be another bill for me every month and i really dont want another bill. i do pay my car insurance online tho.

Sick. Looks huge. BUY IT.

I want a big house like that. So many options for shit. Seriously. SCORE.

Well. Just got the call, they had 3 other offers on it... and it was just sold and closed to the people who had the bid in last week.

I just hope these people take care of the house as much as I would have.

The search continues!! But hell, at least I have my 500 back. :D

Back