help me pic a tattoo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you need to ask someone else this is NOT FOR YOU

have you had any work done?
i've seen certain texts/scriptures between the shoulder blades

tattoos are supposed to mean something to YOU. If you can't decide, you really shouldn't get anything until you're 120% set on it.

bingo.. i wouldnt let anyone else pick my tattoo.. i havent gotten any yet, but i already know what my first 2 are gonna be

buddy_jesus.jpg

how bout Jesus on the cross leaning about 45degrees to the left in front of a soccer goal with a soccer ball deflecting off of his head
with "Jesus saves!" written underneath

jesussaves.gif

the main reason im asking is to help bring whts in my head to paper i cant draw at all so that wouldnt help so i figured trow out my ideal and with a few pics i can put them together. ive been wanting to do this for a long time i put alot of thought into this one unlike my first tattoo. im older and know better. but my right arm is one big flame and my left are has lettering on it thats gona get coverd up

i actually used comic books as reference for my angels. some are from crimson, some are from ascension.
then my artist sketched it all up with that style in mind. my right forearm is basically the cover of a crimson comic though.

in my first session we just outlined my entire sleeve. didnt take too long

ok. I have to put something here. Tattoos are actually against the 'rules' in the Bible. Your body is a temple. Don't destroy it. So, I say, especially if you need someone's help 'choosing' that you shouldn't get one. If you can't stick with an idea for a year or longer... don't get inked. Period.

ok. I have to put something here. Tattoos are actually against the 'rules' in the Bible. Your body is a temple. Don't destroy it. So, I say, especially if you need someone's help 'choosing' that you shouldn't get one. If you can't stick with an idea for a year or longer... don't get inked. Period.

That's not necessarily true. Tatoos don't destroy your body. They are more of a decoration. And if it's a reminder to stay pure, or a symbol meant to glorify God, I don't see why God wouldn't like it.

Actually, its in scripture that your body is god's temple, and it is a sin to harm god's temple. So getting a religious tattoo is hypocritical.

wtf are you jokers talking about? How is getting a tatoo or piercing your ears "harming" your body. It doesn't shorten your lifespan, or, when done properly, cause any health problems. The passage you all are misinterpreting has to do with sexual purity.
BibleGateway.com - Passage*Lookup: 1 Corinthians 6:18-20;;
If the tatoo was meant to "honor God with his body" like the passage states clearly, there is no issue.

yea, I never thought that I would ever consider getting a tattoo, EVER. But I am seriously contemplating getting one. I have been wanting to get it for over a year, it really means a LOT!!! It's actually a painting I did after Bob passed away last year & I love it. It's kind of graphic but it really represents how I feel. I think that it might be kind of big though... dont know where to get it done... might make it a rib piece on my left side. Ouchies...

I'll try to get a picture of it posted.

i have an idea...how about a vagina...isnt that what 2000si mentioned in that one tattoo thread?...lol!!! ;)

Actually, its in scripture that your body is god's temple, and it is a sin to harm god's temple. So getting a religious tattoo is hypocritical.

sorry, i was incorrect. I'm not studied on every religion... but, I think I got the idea. ;) Thanks for the clarification. :)

Klyph - I agree but disagree. In a lot of Aboriginal and tribal groups they see tattooing as a way of commune with God or the Gods. Although it may not 'damage' the body... it does 'tarnish' it. God gave us what we have, we're not to fuck with it. Although, I've got 13 piercings... I didn't follow that rule.

Levitical Law was given to the Jews under Moses. I am neither Jewish nor subscribe to Judaism.
I know a lot of you will accuse me of picking and choosing what parts of the Old Testament Law to follow, but the laws were given back then to protect people from doing themselves harm. It's the same argument that people use when they say that you're not supposed to eat pig because the Old Testament Law forbids it. The reason was because back then the health standards for handling meats were MUCH lower, so people would get sick from eating meats such as pigs and other cloven-hoofed animals that were more prone to diseases.
As far as the forbiding of cutting your flesh and making marks on your skin, just like i said above, back then the risk of infection was drastically higher, so it was not what God wanted his "chosen people" to do. These laws were given for specific reasons relating specifically to those particular people in that time. What do you think of this one?
BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Lev 19:27;;
In the New Testament, God no longer has a "chosen people" salvation becomes available to everyone, and the "Laws" that you are required to follow change with the new system of salvation. (Animal Sacrifice vs. Christs perfect sacrifice) Obviously if you take the translated texts literal meanings without researching what it's intentions were, you can nit-pick the Bible to death. However, If you use a combination of education and common sense it becomes more apparent that the Scriptures are not contradictory nor are they unreasonable.

I believe that a large majority of practicing "Christians" don't actually practice Christianity. They practice what's convenient for them in Christ's name.

You'll get no argument from me on that.
But how many martial artists are willing to completely give themselves over to the lifestyle of being an honorable warrior? The large majority of them just want to beat people up. Does that detract from the martial art itself?

Back