hi def movies... they're here :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im not even going to think about hi def dvds until the battle between blu-ray and hd-dvd sort out. dont want it to be another beta vs vhs and lose out.

whats interesting is that they say HD-DVD is almost like regular DVD with some hardware mods or maybe even just firmware flashs and it'll allow you to burn dvds. but with blu-ray you need all new hardware.

oh and btw, for those still looking for dvi cables, ratshack has some for 13 bucks! gold plated like those monster cable ones. they were like 100 bucks but got clearenced. i got some for my lcd and its a tad better, but i cant tell. anyway, they have dvi-i dual link and dvi-d single link.

Quoted post[/post]]
Brian, you need a financial adviser if you are going to sell 1000 DVD's that play in 720p, but not 1080p. You can tell a difference, but think of the money you will just waste.

dvd's are 480p.

with an up-converting dvd player, it is line-doubled to 720p. and then 1080i doubles that.
so instead of 1 line, you have 3 lines.... of the same thing. it doesn't make it clearer, really...

Back