Hmmm... Free IROC... Should I??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

A guy I work with has an '88 Iroc, Automatic T Tops... Runs and drives fine... He just wants to get rid of it...

I want an AutoX toy... Something to just BEAT on...

Should I take it off of him? I'm thinkin a set of swaybars, some springs, some tires, and just beat the thing into the ground....

Opinions?

automatics are worthless.... especially for autox.

since its free, of course, take it.

then sell it.

take the 500 bucks and buy something else :)

For the record, all IRoc's were Automatics. F body cars only came in an automatic if it had the 350 in it. If it came with a 305, it had the T5 transmission. (5 speed), If it is a 350 it has a 700R4. (Auto) Apparently when they produced the T5 transmission they didn't make it strong enough to hold the power the 350 was producing, and they would break. So they had to use the stronger 700r4. SO when ya say Automatics suck...well its the only option.

it couldn't hold 160 hp????? god american cars suck

Quoted post[/post]]
it couldn't hold 160 hp????? god american cars suck

actually in 86 the 350 made 220 Hp. The 305's made 165 In the 4BBL Configuration, 190 In the H.O 4BBL, and also 190 in the TPI setup. It's pretty sad that they wouldn't make a manual tranny to hold 220 HP. People have swapped them onto their 350's, but they usually die pretty quick. The best swap is to get the T56 from the 93 and up F body. That's the 6 speed, and it'll hold anything you can throw at it.

Quoted post[/post]]
You mean the junkyard? :p

I know this is the honda forum, and I know when you're into Hondas you're "supposed" to hate American cars. But this really makes so sense to me.. Let's be honest...you build a camaro and it will smoke a Honda for far less money. I love imports, but I can also appreciate a well built american car. Especially when a Honda averages like 140 Hp stock..and yout lowest model V6 camaro or FireBird Averages 150-160. Plus Our biggest complaint is that we make no torque... Even the 80's F-body Camaros that everyone hates which only made 220 Hp in 86 makes 320 Lbs stock.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
You mean the junkyard? :p

I know this is the honda forum, and I know when you're into Hondas you're "supposed" to hate American cars. But this really makes so sense to me.. Let's be honest...you build a camaro and it will smoke a Honda for far less money. I love imports, but I can also appreciate a well built american car. Especially when a Honda averages like 140 Hp stock..and yout lowest model V6 camaro or FireBird Averages 150-160. Plus Our biggest complaint is that we make no torque... Even the 80's F-body Camaros that everyone hates which only made 220 Hp in 86 makes 320 Lbs stock.

it has nothing to do with imports vs domestic. i have friends with plenty of horror stories.

Ferraris and Lamborghinis are some of the worst cars ever made - Do you still think it should be beat to death in the sand pits ?

If I handed you the keys to even a 308 GTS you would have a heart attack.

Care or not... You would still nut...

And I used to own a camaro... BIGGEST SHITBOX EVER. Sooo many problems...

Anyways, i'm passing on it... Not enough time for another car right now... the house is more important.

i would be happy with any free car. and i know those old camaros of capable of extreme power. i dont see why you past it up. at least take it and slap a for sale sign on it.

Back