Hondaswap skiers and riders...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'll be heading up to the mountain this weekend :thumbsup: earliest opening in 25 years for one of the mountains around here. This should be a good season :)

It'll be a while before I see a slope if I get to at all this year, both my feet and ankles are totaled for the time being but I still may be stupid enough to get out there and board, we'll see.

Same board and bindings, Flow Era with NXT bindings, and new boots, DC Judges. Just bought a bunch of random gear this year. New gloves, 2 new goggle lenses, New tuner, more wax, and a new CamelBak SnoBlast to stick it all in. I can't wait. I have a pass to Mountain Creek and trips planned to Killington, Okemo, Snow, Camel Back, and Whiteface.

when u goin to killingoton..me n a buhch of friends got a trip for there palnned for jan 8 to 13th..im pumped first time riding a big mountain im use to this ice coast shit n all park where i ride

Update - nice box!

Alright so awhile ago I had mentioned that my senior level engineering students and I were going to build a hot box for waxing my boards and my friends skis/boards instead of using a wax iron. Here is an update on the working prototype. So far I have run my gear through it 3 times and had awesome results from it so far. Instead of spending a couple hours tuning and waxing each session I am done in about a half hour (not including bake time) and it can also double as a pizza warmer.

-Basically we built a heated/insulated box for 4 sets of skis/boards that will bake for up to 8 hours at a time.

-We used a cheap hair dryer for both the heat source and at circulating fan.

-Temp control is done by both a Johnson Controls unit and a back-up indoor outdoor thermostat. The JC unit runs the power to the hairdryer and also monitors the temp in the box. It will hold the box between a set interval of temps for the duration of the baking cycle. So far I have it set to keep the box between 130 and 135 degrees F. The back thermometer has a high and low temp alarm feature to let me know if I get outside of this. I thought we might get some ballooning in temps when the hairdryer kicked on and off but it has been a non issue.

-Right now once the box warms up the hair dryer only runs for about 30 seconds once every 8-10 minutes or so. The duration diminishes the longer the box is on due the contents reaching temp.

I am stoked as the days of 40.00 tune and waxes are done and my buddies are starting to bring their gear to me for a little cash! I plan on making a better looking box next year as this was simply a test to see if we could do it for less than the couple thousand dollars they are going for from the major retailers. Right now we have less than 150.00 into it.

The photos:

Attachments

• IMG_1927[1].jpg
    IMG_1927[1].jpg
    550.6 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1930[1].jpg
    IMG_1930[1].jpg
    567.2 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1926[1].jpg
    IMG_1926[1].jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1928[1].jpg
    IMG_1928[1].jpg
    642.1 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1932[1].jpg
    IMG_1932[1].jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 188
Sweet deal. Still never tried a hot wax. I feel like I get going plenty fast with the rub on and buff stuff.

Super cool!

I need a hot wax on my skis. I did a iron job this last weekend and it was sticky by mid day.

From what I have read one box treatment equates to about ten iron waxes. I usually fire it up once a month or about every 6th time out. Apparently it has a cumulative effect as well. The wax seems to hold up better and I can use a different temp wax each time ou - although this year the temps haven't really dipped below 25 degrees.

Sorry to hear. Like you said, they knew the risk, they went out doing something they loved.

I was on my board yesterday. I don't know why I'm fighting it, I need to move out west.

[Nature show narrator]ahh yes and here we see a prime example of a snowboarder in their natural habitat... sitting in the middle of the fucking trail...
oh look, here comes another to join him...
soon the entire hillside will be peppered with snowboarders sitting down in some type of hippie drum circle cluster-fuck
good thing they have those warm pants to keep their ass from getting frostbitten on a long day of sitting on a snow covered hillside [/Nature show narrator]

[Nature show narrator]ahh yes and here we see a prime example of a snowboarder in their natural habitat... sitting in the middle of the fucking trail...
oh look, here comes another to join him...
soon the entire hillside will be peppered with snowboarders sitting down in some type of hippie drum circle cluster-fuck
good thing they have those warm pants to keep their ass from getting frostbitten on a long day of sitting on a snow covered hillside [/Nature show narrator]

As a snowboarder, I snow those snowboarders.

LOL, that was the guy I was snowboarding with, my wife's cousin. He was waiting on me and there was really not many people on that mountain. I'll let him know the internet thinks he's a jackass though. :p

Anyone looking for a great pair of bindings? Unfortunately I am going to have to sell my 2013 Forum Republic bindings as they just aren't working for me after my hip surgery. I bought a new board and binding package at the end of last year before my hip surgery and only was able to ride it once. I have a set of k2 cinch on my previous ride which I loved even though they are a little heavier. Fast forward to this season - I have been out a bunch of times with both set-ups and using the traditional strap in bindings just kills me for the next week with being sore and for me it just isn't worth it to keep them. As much as I love the Republics, the K2 cinch's are less work/painful after a long day of riding. I thought I would see if anyone on here wanted them before trying to sell them elsewhere.

-Forum Republic size L/XL (I wear a size 14 boot and they fit just fine)
-Selling price is 100.00 or best offer we can figure out shipping as well
-I have honestly only had them out three times and they still look brand new. I have all the hardware as well.
-here is a link to EVO.com for more specs: http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboard-bindings/forum-republic-snowbaord.aspx
PM me if you are interested

forum-republic-snowbaord-bindings-2013-grindstone-side.jpg

Back