Hondaswap skiers and riders...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How are the pipe gloves in the cold? Most I've used are much thinner than regular gloves.

BTW, Headed to Mt. Snow in the morning.

How are the pipe gloves in the cold? Most I've used are much thinner than regular gloves.

BTW, Headed to Mt. Snow in the morning.

Don't know yet, from what I can tell they are pretty warm. My buddy has a pair and he said nothing but good things about them.

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

Don't know yet, from what I can tell they are pretty warm. My buddy has a pair and he said nothing but good things about them.

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.

I love my Oakley gear -Mittens, Factory Pilot Gloves and I just ordered a new pair of Automatics yesterday. My Oakley Jacket is WAY too warm to wear on the hill but it is awsome for bumming around town.That helmet is the same as the one my buddy got this year. I like it although it is a little heavier than my Giro G10. This season has been great but I am afraid it is almost over here is Wisco. This year I started to tune my own gear with a Dekine tune set. I built a set of vices for my board and I am now looking at building a "hot box" to make waxing easier. I have a set of plans and my engineering kids are working out the controls/sensors for it.

The box will include the following:

Switches for the heating element (either high watt light bulbs or a heater)
Temp sensors for auto shut off/turn on to control heat
circulating fans
Low temp/high temp warning
It should be able to bake 3-4 boards at 120-130 degrees for 3-4 hours.

I will keep you posted on the progress. It probably won't be done for this season but will be ready for next season.

The jacket will be here on Wednesday. Right now its looking like the week I'm there will be a stormy week, so being warm won't be a bad thing. But thats a forecast for 3 weeks out, so I know it's not that accurate.

What rating is your jacket? Mind is 10K waterproof, and 15K breathable. I'm really worried now that you say its too warm.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I think it is roughly the same as the one you got. Like I said I love my Oakley- I just prefer to layer up under my lighter weight Burton poacher. I have some thyroid issues so when I really get going my body is like a furnace. I am assuming it has vents so you should be fine.

Went up this past weekend.

Forgot my boots in my hungover state, so I ended up doing a demo day and checked out some new gear. Sad thing is, I honestly didn't like anything I tried compared to my skis/boots.

Fluffy powder, or hard pack?
Saturday- Nothing was really hard packed. Great conditions with some spots of powder. Our only gripe was that Snow grooms their trails all the way to the trees, aka no real jumps or tree chutes off to the side. Would have just done the terrain park but we had my friend's gf and he also didn't want to take his Agent Rocker in the park. If it was my board, I wouldn't either. So we just bombed all day and had an ongoing snowball fight at high speeds.

Sunday- It was raining pretty good. Kind of slushy, sloppy snow but still not a bad time. We did a few runs, just the guys, but we decided that the rain was too much. We kept having to stop to clean off our goggles. Hit up guest services, got vouchers good for a year, and I got home from VT nice and early. All in all, great weekend.

PS- Fuck the GW Bridge. 2:30pm on a Sunday and its gridlocked. I have not hit traffic once on that bridge. 3:30am, on my way up to Okemo last year.

This is up on the summit of Big Bear in Cali. They got about a foot or two over the last two days and the conditions were perfect today. Perfect groomed, with some Badass powder spots. They are expecting 4-12 inches between tonight and Saturday, and well be heading back up there both saturday and Sunday.

d93250dc.jpg

Well ,looks like yet another season where i didn't get out there at all :/ snow is all but gone here already. mtns still have some base left but its the crap icy stuff. ohh well. maybe next year :D

We have TOO much snow right now.. Highway was closed up in the mtns. Peak of Sugar Bowl has a 287" base with 36" of new snow from this last storm.

We have TOO much snow right now.. Highway was closed up in the mtns. Peak of Sugar Bowl has a 287" base with 36" of new snow from this last storm.

You live in CA right? Where is this "sugar bowl" you speak of? Me and my buddy might head out there if the conditions are really that good.

EDIT: scratch that. 6 hours away, so Mammoth is a little closer.

Hitting up Camel Bak in like 4 hours for my last day of the year. Might make it out to CO next month, but I doubt it.

You live in CA right? Where is this "sugar bowl" you speak of? Me and my buddy might head out there if the conditions are really that good.

EDIT: scratch that. 6 hours away, so Mammoth is a little closer.
ya, sugar bowl is up in the Tahoe area. Too far for you. :p Mammoth is a great mountain.

ya, sugar bowl is up in the Tahoe area. Too far for you. :p Mammoth is a great mountain.

We almost went up to Tahoe, but decided since my buddy had some school to do, that we should stay around town. We are definitely going up to Mammoth in October/November if we can stick to our plans. We'll probably rent a condo up there for a week or two depending on our schedules.

It was awesome. Good coverage on most of the mountain and I didn't even need to wear a jacket.

Back