how bush is screwing us part duex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]

The real money is in Solar and Wind energy.

Agreed completely. Renewable is where its at, but getting administrations and commercial applications is the key. I actually have a friend, a professor at the UW, that is literally devoting his life to teaching and researching renewable energy resources.

Quoted post[/post]]
no no, before the comma, Havok called names you were conspiracy theory

"Anyone read about the new tax cut bill that just passed in the house?

Gotta love the rich getting more tax breaks."

and I addressed how that's false on the last page

So... the rich don't get richer by having more money to supposedly invest? Who says they're going to invest it? That's my entire point... they will still have more deductions and more money put back in their pockets than I will. I would LOVE to be able to invest some money... but getting a refund of NEGATIVE 5 dollars back from federal, not to mention barely holding onto my car and apartment last year... I simply couldn't sign myself up for any tax cuts.

Anyone else see my logic?

Quoted post[/post]]
2000Si just made it the 5000 club.

So I did... hmmm...

Quoted post[/post]]
Anyone else see my logic?

no because they all went back and read what I posted on the last page, go and learn what your commenting on you sound like a fool. Fuck it, I summarize for ya

Plan One: Bush gives you $1,000 tax rebate

You buy some neat stuff or pay off a couple bills
economy isn't effected

Plan Two: Bush uses said money to lower taxes on investments

People Invest more
Companies have more capitol
the economy grows
jobs are created and wages are higher (the middle class benefits)

"BUT WAIT! Unemployment might be under 5% but why haven't wages gone up?"

Simple

The cost of energy has risen, gasoline in the last five years has went up $2 per gallon. That causes operating costs to go through the roof, the money has to come from somewhere, quality of life suffers. As a side effect since every part of the economy relies at least partially on oil the prices on damn near everything have risen.

None of this is anymore Bush's fault then anyone elses, in fact his tax breaks raised the economy from recession to a level where we could weather these changes in oil prices.

This is why I advise people to get away from oil as much as possible, it lowers the demand and thus the price

There, politics and economics spoonfed, better?

You're right silverchild. Why? Because you're a God. :rollseyes:

Plain and simple not every rich person is going to turn around and reinvest. Employment may be down, wages haven't gone up, but the cost of living and energy prices have. I doubt profits go up a whole hell of a lot because Bush gives the rich another 1000 to 'invest'.

jobs are created and wages are higher (the middle class benefits)

Exactly my entire point. The rich get a tax break to invest more, but the poor still work their ass off only to be taxed an arm and a leg. Capital increases, and coincidently so do the CEO of large corporations pockets.

Your reasoning is great, except you're leaving out greed and corruption of the rich.

Give me a break. Your pretty picture of Bush and his economics is a hell of a lot more tainted than you're letting onto.

any tax break helps everyone
it just happens to help rich people more because they have more money to begin with. its all relative

what do you want, tax breaks for only the people that make less then 100k a year? how is that fair to people who make more?
they pay a fucking shitload more taxes then you or i do, so why are you complaining that a tax break is going to benefit them more? either way they are paying 10 times what i do. there are people that pay more taxes in one year then ill make in 5 years, why should i bitch because they are getting the same break that im getting?

the only reason you have the opinion you do is because of your own personal situation. you should try to look at it from there perspective.
the grass is always greener on the other side.

oh and about the original post, i couldnt give a fuck less about recorded phone calls. you really give a shit if some computer or operator that youll never meet hears you talk to a friend about a new movie? or laughs at you try to pimp on a girl whose number you just got?
i know i dont give a shit.

Quoted post[/post]]
I only have one thing to say in this topic.

Originally posted by Benjamin Franklin@ Founding Father of the United States of America
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Given this quote by A REAL American Patriot, do you deserve liberty and security or are you a shivering little bitch who's afraid of shadows? When people live in terror, terrorists win. Giving up liberty for security is not what a free society is about. A Patriot is not someone who blindly follows his leaders. A Patriot is someone who looks out of the good of his country regardless of what the leaders say. Our founding fathers wanted us to question our government and leaders at every step of the way. By blinding accepting what your leaders say you are being a detriment to this country and spitting in the face of what our founding fathers fought and died for. In short, by blindly following your leaders you are a bad American by the standards set by the first real Americans. This obvioulsy removes military personelle since they get paid to do what they're told when they're told to do it.

Awesome stuff.

Quoted post[/post]]
I only have one thing to say in this topic.

Originally posted by Benjamin Franklin@ Founding Father of the United States of America
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Given this quote by A REAL American Patriot, do you deserve liberty and security or are you a shivering little bitch who's afraid of shadows? When people live in terror, terrorists win. Giving up liberty for security is not what a free society is about. A Patriot is not someone who blindly follows his leaders. A Patriot is someone who looks out of the good of his country regardless of what the leaders say. Our founding fathers wanted us to question our government and leaders at every step of the way. By blinding accepting what your leaders say you are being a detriment to this country and spitting in the face of what our founding fathers fought and died for. In short, by blindly following your leaders you are a bad American by the standards set by the first real Americans. This obvioulsy removes military personelle since they get paid to do what they're told when they're told to do it.

Sounds to me like someone took a basic poli sci course, got 1 week in and quoted the teacher.

Quoted post[/post]]
Plain and simple not every rich person is going to turn around and reinvest. Employment may be down, wages haven't gone up, but the cost of living and energy prices have. I doubt profits go up a whole hell of a lot because Bush gives the rich another 1000 to 'invest'.

dood really get a day job cause your current events/political/economic knowledge capacity is rather limited

The $1,000 I spoke of was in reference to the tax rebate of 2002. Bush didn't hand out checks to the rich, the tax break wasn't even targeted at an income level, can you get that through your head please? He alleviated a substantial tax burden on money made off of investments, people (as a rule) don't take the money they make in investments and run to the mall, if they do well the reinvest again, why? MORE MONEY!

And I agree with everything Blanco said (GASP!)

But back in the "good old days" we had a very small central government with the majority of the real decisions being made at state level. They stayed out of allot of shit until the Civil War which set a president that the Federal Govt>State Govt, and the Bullshit on capitol hill has gotten larger in scope ever sense. Did you know the government even regulates how much sugar you can put in Ketchup? LOL there's a really good book on how unnecessarily big the government as become, I'm gonna go Google it so I can remember to buy it next week, it's supposed to be awesome

Maybe I'll read it to you sometime 2000SI :)

My 3 cents:

Quoted post[/post]]
..if you don't like...then do something about it.

Do what, exactly? Write my congress bitch so I can get a generic letter back from her secretary? I have power to do nothing. I'm not a soldier, I couldn't go after osama if i wanted to.

Anyone is this country has the ability to make change, that's what our nation was founded on. Our "forefathers" were simple men, working in simple trades.
The only thing that stops people from making a difference is lack of information or education. If one wants to make a change, help honestly explain the issues on a ballot to those of us who can't understand "double-speak". I am of the opinion that politicians write laws and bills confusingly on purpose, and that makes it hard for a normal person like me to understand. And since I'm by no means a genius, I try to get the truth from other people, but of course, those other people tend to be tied to one political organization or another, so I end up with a lot of "half truths".. Like this tax break thing...

Quoted post[/post]]
The new tax break concerns investment taxes, since only the upper and upper middle class really invest it's easy to misunderstand how this benefits the country...

... I've only heard what the news and media have to say about it(and they're not politically biased.. NooOOo...), which only makes it more confusing, not getting the whole story, just what is "newsworthy"... and a 30 second quip on the 11 o'clock news is far less than adequate to decide if it's a good law or not..

So I say to everyone, if you want to make a change, educate the rest of us. Put the laws into words that we can understand. Democracy only works if "We, the people," can understand what's being said..

My other point.. I think that if they are allowed to spy on us and monitor our calls, then we should be allowed into Area 51. Why? Well, because I want to see Area 51. And spaceships.

Quoted post[/post]]
My 3 cents:
My other point.. I think that if they are allowed to spy on us and monitor our calls, then we should be allowed into Area 51. Why? Well, because I want to see Area 51. And spaceships.
Good point.
<silverchild>
Is area 51 a potential risk to you or your family though?
And would SEEING area 51 help you prevent those risks?
</silverchild>
:ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
t.
<silverchild>
Is area 51 a potential risk to you or your family though?
And would SEEING area 51 help you prevent those risks?
</silverchild>
:ph34r:

Hmm, that's a tough one. But it does bring up an interesting question.. Generally speaking, how would we know if something, someplace, or someone was a danger to us, unless we were allowed to observe and assess it? So I guess my answer is: If it'll get me inside Area 51 to see the spaceships, then yes, I believe there is a potential risk to my family, waay over here in Ohio. And if I were to obtain a spaceship, and abduct all known politicians, I believe that I could prevent all sorts of bad things from happening.

Quoted post[/post]]
Hmm, that's a tough one. But it does bring up an interesting question.. Generally speaking, how would we know if something, someplace, or someone was a danger to us, unless we were allowed to observe and assess it? So I guess my answer is: If it'll get me inside Area 51 to see the spaceships, then yes, I believe there is a potential risk to my family, waay over here in Ohio. And if I were to obtain a spaceship, and abduct all known politicians, I believe that I could prevent all sorts of bad things from happening.
Replacing bad politicians with other bad politicians won't work... because if you 'abduct' them who's going to pass stupid laws and convince people of ridiculous shit? The new people.

Again, would SEEING Area 51 somehow help, if there WAS an immediate threat to ohio?
Nope, and if you wanted to notify the people you couldn't because you just ate all the politicians with your super duper vacuuming spaceship. :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
I like the way this cat thinks.

Back