How can I build the most powerful D16z6 motor with torbo and nos

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoted post[/post]]
Actually Cal, there are more than a handful of 400whp SOHC motors on D-Series.org nowadays.

Yes, I know. People that I know personally were making over 300whp on streetable D16s 4 years ago, so 400whp isn't much of a stretch. The question is- do you really think this guy is capable of doing it? :mrgreen:

you could run both a supercharger and a turbocharger on a lawn mower, but it would only be a matter of time before it blew up....

some subaru guys have a super and turbocharged sti.

as far as the clutch on the supercharger, i would say it depends on how it is set up. if its a roots type charger, the blades would prolly disrupt airflow into the intake manifold when the clutch is engaged.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
first off if you have 180k, with a fraction of that money i can build the fastest civic on the road. first off rebuild the frame/ reinforce it and convert it to AWD, put the civic body/ crx what ever the fuck your using. Then drop a V-8 motor in it (sleeve the motor and bore it out to the max) put a turbo on it for 5k and boost it to 35psi or more if you desire, the deal with the suspension and all of that shit... ok this car would basically be so fast and cover so much ground you can beat any car on the street in 1st gear, if you think im joking i know a guy who is doing this to a CRX i know all of the research he has done on this. if you think this is not possible you are also a dumbass it has already been done... this is the best way to go.. peace

WOW :mrgreen: What a fuckin tard, this shit needs to be locked
LMFAO
(+1)

Like i said FUCK you guys if you dont believe me this is possible it has been done end of story good day.

wow, this thread is lame...

v8's in a civic? can it be done? sure
has it been done? yea
but why not just build a tube frame car instead?

lamest idea ever...

and if you want to build up your d series then go for it...
you can get away with decent numbers on a stock internal motor with moderate boost...

go read some more and get back to us when you know exactly what you wanna do with the car...

umm why hasnt anyone mentioned our friend k-series' thread yet?

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=56283

BEYOND THAT. Give me...3 weeks have you pushing 700hp...cost you about 20-30k...no nitrous, no bullshit.

DART B20 block
DART GSR Head
Zex Cams
Zex Valves
Zex Springs & Retainers
Eagle Rotating assembly (stroke out your B20)
JE 9:1 Pistons
oil pump blah blah, all the other parts that make your engine work right rather than blow up.

Then we test you engine, see what your flow is, then purchase a turbo that will meet your goals, whatever they are. I saw 500HP, but there are easier and better ways to achieve that goal.

Look kid, call tim allen motorsports in dallas (214-391-7562) your gonna drop about 15k with him on your setup. Then once he is done with your engine, you are going to go down the street to Intercrew and talk with Phillip. Tell him your goals and your budget and he will basically put the rest of your turbo together. The moment he sees your platform, he will know you are for real. Drop about 6-7 there on the turbo and id say a grand or 2 in tuning time and safty setup.

You have your engine...then you are going to need brakes to hold it, suspension to hold it, and a lot of safty gear...cause you are now in a MEAN honda. GOOD LUCK.

Forgot about the tranny. you are gonna need a hell of a clutch and one stout transmission and axles....god help you on those. Zex makes racing axels for EG swapped B-series, but i dont know if they will hold that kind of power...but you never know. Dont forget the LSD.

Quoted post[/post]]
Look kid, call tim allen motorsports in dallas (214-391-7562) your gonna drop about 15k with him on your setup. Then once he is done with your engine, you are going to go down the street to Intercrew and talk with Phillip. Tell him your goals and your budget and he will basically put the rest of your turbo together. The moment he sees your platform, he will know you are for real. Drop about 6-7 there on the turbo and id say a grand or 2 in tuning time and safty setup.

You have your engine...then you are going to need brakes to hold it, suspension to hold it, and a lot of safty gear...cause you are now in a MEAN honda. GOOD LUCK.

Forgot about the tranny. you are gonna need a hell of a clutch and one stout transmission and axles....god help you on those. Zex makes racing axels for EG swapped B-series, but i dont know if they will hold that kind of power...but you never know. Dont forget the LSD.

:werd: :werd: and :werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

:werd: :werd: and :werd:
I'm thinking of runing 8psi of boost on the stock engine, what numbers could I exspect to see with that

8 psi is a trivial number. It all depends on what turbo you use.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
first off if you have 180k, with a fraction of that money i can build the fastest civic on the road. first off rebuild the frame/ reinforce it and convert it to AWD, put the civic body/ crx what ever the fuck your using. Then drop a V-8 motor in it (sleeve the motor and bore it out to the max) put a turbo on it for 5k and boost it to 35psi or more if you desire, the deal with the suspension and all of that shit... ok this car would basically be so fast and cover so much ground you can beat any car on the street in 1st gear, if you think im joking i know a guy who is doing this to a CRX i know all of the research he has done on this. if you think this is not possible you are also a dumbass it has already been done... this is the best way to go.. peace

WOW :mrgreen: What a fuckin tard, this shit needs to be locked
LMFAO
(+1)
:)
make that 1 more

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
turbonetics turbo kit

Still doesnt help much. If we are talking about a T3-50, youre not gonna see much increase.

If we are talking about a 60-1 your not gonna see boost.

You need to give specifics. T3/04E-46 .63 AR, something like that...you cant just give a company name.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
turbonetics turbo kit

Still doesnt help much. If we are talking about a T3-50, youre not gonna see much increase.

If we are talking about a 60-1 your not gonna see boost.

You need to give specifics. T3/04E-46 .63 AR, something like that...you cant just give a company name.
I don't know the specs I just called the company and they say it was a good kit to go with on a stock engine
No I'm not building a custom turbo kit I think is stupid I don't want to deal with the headaches
I want something I know is going to work

well...there is not much to a turbo kit that can go wrong...just avoid ssautocrome and youll be fine

the point is, for us to tell you what the HP#s are gonna be, we gotta know what kind it is.

Also...most turbo "kits" dont come with fuel management. SOOOO if you dont wanna listen to us, say good buy to your engine. lean condition + turbo = BOOM!

I think youre gonna blow up your car if you use their fuel management. You think an N2O & Gas puddle in your intake is bad. Wait until you have 2 injectors spraying gas. GOOD NIGHT!!

I would say 220 at the crank, AND THE DYNOS THAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NEXT TO IT SAY THE SAME THING!!! Why ask us questions, when you just have to divert your eyes a few inches to the right. They answer the question for you.

Quoted post[/post]]
I think youre gonna blow up your car if you use their fuel management. You think an N2O & Gas puddle in your intake is bad. Wait until you have 2 injectors spraying gas. GOOD NIGHT!!

I would say 220 at the crank, AND THE DYNOS THAT THEY HAVE RIGHT NEXT TO IT SAY THE SAME THING!!! Why ask us questions, when you just have to divert your eyes a few inches to the right. They answer the question for you.
Is that a good increase on a stock engine?
I don't have N2O.

I wasnt saying you have N20. I was saying that a lot of people dont like wet nitrous because it has the ability to pool in your intake manifold. If you use the extra nozzels on the intake, you have the same problem. Thats why you use bigger injectors in the stock position, and then some kind of fuel management (AEM EMS, Hondata, Neptune, Crome, Uberdata, etc.).

Now, yes it is a good increase on a stock engine. With that you can beat just about any stock mustang you see on the road (minus 03/04 Cobras and new Mustang GTs)

You will probably hold with a stock Z28, but an SS will still eat you alive.

balance blueprint port and polish some low compression pistons and lots of online reseaching and maybe a couple of beers will do you some justice :) if you and to build a d-series turbo engine run a z6 head with a a6/ turbo head gasket, a y8 block reenforced with some forge pistons and rods and knifed edge crank. get your self a turbo cam like this one

Stage 3 - Race cams requires cylinder head modifications and ECU tuning.
Requires 84166 kit.
1000-8000+ rpm.

Advertised Duration
329 / 317

Duration @ .050
239 / 226

Gross Lift w/
1.6 int /1.8 ext
442 / 468

spring kit
Part# Description O.D./I.D. Open Pressure Seat Pressure Coil Bind Rec. Retainer Spring/Retainer Kit

68180-16 Single Spring
(D-Series VTEC) .885/.610 1.975=50# 1.500=189# 1.250 87096-16 84166

4340 Steel Billet Connecting Rods
When it comes to connecting rods...Crower is the Sport Compact industry leader. Other's have attempted to cash in on Crower's success by offering a cheaper rod made in China, but the fact remains, if you're running a forced induction, nitrous, high rpm or all of the above Honda/Acura engine...you need Crower's Premium Steel Billet connecting rods. Features include premium USA manufactured steel alloy, proven I-beam design intended for high horsepower applications, 220,000 psi Crower rod bolts that are stronger than ARP, tolerances to .0001", and system matched sets to .5 grams total weight.

Part# Engine C-to-C BE Bore BE Width PE Bore PE Width
B93745B-4 D16 Series 5.394 1.890 0.892 0.748(19mm) 0.716

CP PISTONS

CP Pistons are manufactured to meet the needs from an everyday street cruiser to the severe stresses of a high boost all out racing compettion. All shelf pistons feature the leading edge in ultimate flat and surface finish ring groove technology. Precision cut valve reliefs for oversized valves and high lift camshafts, computer generated CNC machined skirts, pistons machined to such tight tolerances that finish weights are plus or minus one gram. All turbo pistons are ready to handle the rigors of 30lbs plus boost with nitrous. All-motor pistons are forged on to ultralight X-style hollow dome forgings offering the maximum in weight reduction with no loss in strength. From our proprietary forgings to unmatched levels of quality control, CP Pistons delivers what racers and engine builders want most - a power edge over the competition.

Piston prices include pistons, wrist pins, rings and locks.

Honda D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC

Part # Bore Size Stroke Rod Length Pin CH CR Application
99025-4 2.953 STD 3.543 5.394 .748 1.181 9.0 1,2
99026-4 2.973 +.020 3.543 5.394 .748 1.181 9.0 1,2
99027-4 2.953 STD 3.543 5.394 .748 1.181 10.5 2,3
99028-4 2.973 +.020 3.543 5.394 .748 1.181 10.5 2,3

SRP PISTONS

SRP Pistons are designed for street/strip applications utilizing many compression ratio combinations compatible with pump gas as well as moderate boost and nitrous usage. SRP sport compact pistons are forged from 4032 low-expansion aluminum alloy for smooth, quiet operation. Other SRP features include honed pin bores with a single, pressure fed pin oiler, a more economical price due to the forged side reliefs (less machining time) and thicker ring lands to accommodate a wider variety of applications.

Honda D16Z6 1.6L SOHC VTEC
92-95 Civic EX, Si/ 93-95 Del Sol- Si

Part # Bore Stroke Rod Length Grams Dish/Dome Volume Comp. Ht. Head cc's Comp. Ratio
99283-4 2.953, STD 3.543 5.394 232 -3.2 1.181 34.6 10.5:1
99284-4 2.963, +.010 3.543 5.394 234 -3.2 1.181 34.6 10.5:1
99285-4 2.972, +.020 3.543 5.394 236 -3.2 1.181 34.6 10.5:1
99286-4 2.953, STD 3.543 5.394 228 -11 1.181 34.6 9.0:1
99287-4 2.963, +.010 3.543 5.394 233 -11 1.181 34.6 9.0:1
99288-4 2.972, +.020 3.543 5.394 236 -11 1.181 34.6 9.0:1

all info found at www.crower.com

ther other will help you with the turbos other wise go buy this http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant...tegory_Code=GRT

wow what happend to all the good advise that people used to give out back in the day.

the reasons your not getting the info you want is because you dont give us any info on what you want.

all i saw you really say was i want the most out of this motor. if thats all your looking for than open that bitch up fill the block change your piston rings close it back up and turn the boost up to like 15psi ona good sized turbo and id say with tuning itd be in the 250whp range.

go to homemadeturbo.com if you feel like doing it yourself, getting good deals and learning some real good shit. but if you want to be cool and pay for everything top dollar go buy a brand name kit from your local preformance shop and dont worry about it cuz you have the $ to pay someone else to worry bout it.

good luck and search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back