How do I know what model my car is?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

your chassis is undoubtably an std. i have the same thing. as far as the axles go should be 23 splines on the outboard shaft thaz all u need to know to replace them.

fellas...u must remember that it is a civic hatch not a crx(im talking to u sportline)...there was no hf civic...so drop it...u have a civic dx...badges or not...some dude jus swapped in a si long block and kept his stock tranny...

This car is a STD with an Si engine, guys.

Plus,

NO CIVIC HATCHBACK IN THE USA BEFORE 92 HAD DISK BRAKES FROM THE FACTORY.

Fuck, people, get a clue.

This thread makes me laugh. Here is what I know, it may not be much, but its more than nothing. Civics only came in 3 models.
civic std. 4 speed, vinyl interior, rear wiper,
civic dx, automatic, clothe interior, rear wiper, power steering, no clock
civic si, recaro seats, sunroof(glass), clock, rear wiper,
either dx and std can both come with one side mirror, I own all three and thats how they are. The dx is auto, blue interior and exterior, the std. was blue exterior, vinyl grey interior, and the si is white with black and grey interior. I know you can get most of these cars in a few slightly different options. But if your car is a std, it will not have intermidiate wipers, just a high and low. also it will have the 4 speed. just in case, check the shift knob if it hasnt been changed, they will show how many gears. also you can check the door placard or emmisions placard under the hood, they will tell you the engine and car model. what tranny was in the car, etc.
This may have helped, it may not have, there are so many post on here that make it confusing on who to believe. This is what i Know because I have 3 hatchbacks and have had 3 crx's. the options are diferent between the cars.
Joe

Originally posted by jlicrx+Jan 8 2004, 09:46 AM-->
sportlinecrx
@Jan 8 2004, 05:02 AM
ok, heres the problem...

1) only HF's had one mirror (left), but they only came with 5-speed trans.

2) only DX's came with 4-speed AUTOMATIC. there werent any 4-speed manual trannies. are you sure you dont mean automatic? that would explain the absence of a tach.

3) the D16a6 is the Si engine, but the Si's did not some with 4-speed automatics. could be a swapped engine.

here are some telltale things to look for:

if it has....

- rear drum brakes it is either an HF or a DX
- no clock in the dashboard it is an HF
- no steering wheel adjustment, it is an HF
- if it is a '91 and is either torino red or celestial blue, its a DX
- a rear window wiper, its a DX
- a factory sunroof, it is an Si
- a cloth interior (including door panels) its an Si

this all sounds pretty good for a CRX - he happens to have a Civic hatch

:doh: i really have to stop posting tech advice at 3am. my bad! :unsure:

Originally posted by gfo180@Jan 8 2004, 12:46 PM
You can check your vin # in the articles section. Sounds like a std, since it has the 4 speed and no power steering.

:werd: :ditto: i got my EF Si from someone that said it was a dx and also thought it was a 91 and turned out to be a 89. Check the VIN in the article as mentioned there ya go problme solved

hey whats up guys? just read the thread. I kind of had the same problem when I wanted to find out if my Civic Hatchback was a DX or STD and I found a site that tells you where your car come from and what model it is by the VIN. Here's the link...

Honda VIN

Hope it helps guys :)

Back