how to recognise ecus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gatto-is-alive

i have a b16a 2nd gen 92' model how can i know which ecu i have installed

any pics can help 10x;)

look for the 3 digit code on the upc..

xxxxxxx-XXX-xxxxxxxxx

the middle is what it goes by

ok i took out the engine from a 93 jdm integra xsi and i can see that the ecu is an obd1 and mine has (pr3) printed on the lable

so can this ecu be chipped for the turbo mod?

yes, you can use it to tune for turbo.

it's personal preference.

a lot of people like chrome or hondata. i think someone gave you a link to one in your other thread.

heres a stupid question, the crome chip is that eprom that get swapped in the ecu ?

chrome would be the best . and if you took that motor out of the xsi what did you do with the shell. that motor is worth 3000. i had one in my old ef and loved it better. and you might want to check the trans tag and see if it is one that has lsd. mine did and it was so fun driving in the snow. very hard to find swap. i would trade my gsr for it in no time.

some cable trannys came with lsd.

ok i'm confused when i do a burout the two wheels do turn but the left wheel spin faster then the right ????

well if you want to know for dead sure pull the axles out and if you can see all the way through the hole its a lsd if there is a bar there its non lsd

Back