I Dont care about the RHD Haters... ITS ON!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks.

I know this is alot diffrent than a core support.

But this will be one RHD swap that will get done.

What happend with your buddys 96?

Tearing out a major unibody component without using a proper chassic jig? :tisk:

I hope it comes out well dude, but damn...get one measurement off and say hello to incorrect chassis geometry. I did some work for a family friend who ran a chassis shop (sprint cars, circle track, roundy-round) and the math done to get a chassis right is crucial.

Originally posted by 5speed4life@May 24 2005, 07:12 PM
Yes, I am a backyard mechanic who has never done a RHD swap before, but have you? How many people have done this? I know its been done, but have any of you done it?

[post=502972]Quoted post[/post]​

I haven't, I wouldn't. Friend of mine did, said it was the biggest pain in the ass he has experianced working on cars, and will never do it again.

Yes, I am a backyard mechanic who has never done a RHD swap before, but have you? How many people have done this? I know its been done, but have any of you done

Well as of right now i am in the middle of a tube chassis rig build up with a custom 1 off suspension setup.
I do not own a frame machine but i do own a chassis table ( table cost me 400 bucks in steel and 200 in self leveling cement) best investment ever.
I started out 10+ years ago working on cars and have made many mistakes along the way as has everybody on this site, if they claim they haven't then there either full of shit or still don't know what their doing.
take yout time and it will work out if you need help pm me

Originally posted by hcivic.com@May 24 2005, 09:57 PM
Yes, I am a backyard mechanic who has never done a RHD swap before, but have you? How many people have done this? I know its been done, but have any of you done

Well as of right now i am in the middle of a tube chassis rig build up with a custom 1 off suspension setup.
I do not own a frame machine but i do own a chassis table ( table cost me 400 bucks in steel and 200 in self leveling cement) best investment ever.
I started out 10+ years ago working on cars and have made many mistakes along the way as has everybody on this site, if they claim they haven't then there either full of shit or still don't know what their doing.
take yout time and it will work out if you need help pm me
[post=503150]Quoted post[/post]​

BTW the swap is DONE...
768955_81_full.jpg

RIIIIGHT. I still got ALOT of work ahead of me. I got the RHD firewall off the clip, pulled the engine, and started on the interior, stripping that down to bare firewall.

Its under way.

Good luck with the conversion, if you need any tips/advice/help shoot me a PM or IM me on AIM.

Anyway, i just got back in from workin on my car, and figured id throw up a post.

So, here are a bunch of pics of how my car is coming along.

Im almost done with the dissasembly of my car, just have to swap lower cross members, and then start the degradation of the structure of my vehicle, i mean, removal of the firewall.
768955_82_full.jpg

768955_102_full.jpg

768955_83_full.jpg

768955_99_full.jpg

768955_95_full.jpg

768955_94_full.jpg

768955_93_full.jpg

768955_92_full.jpg

768955_91_full.jpg

768955_90_full.jpg

768955_100_full.jpg

768955_88_full.jpg

768955_87_full.jpg

768955_86_full.jpg

768955_89_full.jpg

768955_85_full.jpg

768955_84_full.jpg

768955_98_full.jpg

Awesome! Keep the pics coming man, I am interested to see how this turns out. I am sure others here are as well, though they may not voice it.

I say its a stupid idea, but i give you a :thumbsup: for trying.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Originally posted by bklyneg@Jun 3 2005, 10:10 PM
by the looks of the pics you've only gotten the easy stuff done so far.
[post=507593]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol... Sad But True.

I enjoyed a bottle of jack with an old friend a little too much last nite, and i wasted today recouperating. I WAS gona do the firewall, but its gona wait a little bit.

its good to see that u didnt listen to all the haters about how rhd is gay and the other shit they be sayin. i dont see wat the big deal is, well yea it is kinda dangerous cutting your car in half or replacing your firewall, but if done RIGHT or by a professional, it should be safe enough to drive. and yea it doesnt make ur car faster or anything, but who cares. its mainly for appearance and shits n giggles or to be different. other ppl get crazy ass paint jobs or some 24 in spinners on their escalades to be different, so why cant someone just do a rhd conversion to be different? anyways, i know i probably dint make a lot of sense lol, but :thumbsup: to you for doin wat YOU want to do to ur car and not listening to others.

Back