I hate honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

check out the post titled DUMPS, in members lounge
you will laugh for fucking hours man, hours...

make sure you read loco's atomic ass blowing apart post...

has to do with a 30 minute fart through a megaassphone

LMAO
best shit everrrrrrrr

Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 31 2004, 09:58 AM
Possible fourth choice - AUTOMATIC 99si running on 3 cylanders with the owners girlfriend driving.

99-00 Si's only came with 5 speeds, didn't they?

I'm not even going to jump into this one... too much bullshit, and I would be typing for hours before I'm done- and it just wouldn't be worth it to argue with everyone about all this.

Personally, I think they're doing the right thing. Who gives a shit about a SIG (special interest group) that makes up about 1-2% of their total sales? Seriously. How many people did you know going out and buying BRAND NEW Civics and Integras, pre '01, and modify them right off the bat? I'm talking between '92 and '00... how many? A few. Now compare that number to the total number of said cars that you see on the road. The ratio is pretty damn small. So why should Honda invest millions in R&D to cater to a segment of the market that could totally disappear overnight and hardly even register on the sales chart? Yeah, it'd be cool if Honda made turbo this 'n that, but look at it from a corporate marketing stand point. It's just not worth the effort. On top of that, those customers that can afford to plunk down 25- 30K on a modded Civic are either old enough to want something more mature, or smart enough to realize that they could buy a WRX LanEvo, Mazdaspeed MX-5, or any of the other cool cars out there now. No, Honda won't get with the program. They're doing fine the way they are. They're not ever going to cater to your needs, because your needs are meaningless in the corporate point of view.

How come this is so hard for you all to understand?

Honda is the effeciency/reliability line, Acura is the Luxury line. If they honestly wanted to bring out a serious performance line, they'd take Mugen and make a car line, or something similar. But now with Mugens tax problems, they might not want to taint themselves though.

To further add to my above post... the reason GM, Dodge, and Ford can produce low production SIG cars is that they're huge corporations with waaaaaaaaay more resources and capital than tiny Honda.

Honda is great and always will be. So what if the new si blows ass??? Look at ALL of the other cars they have. Honda is ALWAYS first in its class. They did drop the ball on the bubble but???? Oh well DONT BUY IT. I myself would buy an rsx over anything else on the market in that price range!!!

I haven't read any of these posts so I apologize if I repeat anything.

Anyway, I personally like the new Si. Okay wait, let me be more specific. I like the body. I'd drive it. I'm not TOO fond of the engine because it has some weak spots, and it's crap compared to the UK/JDM spec-- but what else is new? We get shafted on pretty much everything.

I know what article you're talking about, Cashizslick... I saw that at work a few days ago. As far as I'm concerned, people can buy other cars (those WRX's, etc) all day because it takes the attention OFF of Honda. And that's GOOD. I'm glad Honda is dropping back and making more family-oriented cars (the new civics are TOTALLY family/safety/security/grocery getter oriented, in my opinion). After all this Fast&TheFurious shit came out, Honda got SO much negative attention, thanks to the ricers. So Honda can drop back all they want, it's not going to stop me (or anyone else I know) from liking them and their Hondas. The less negative attention, the better. All those kids who are buying WRX's and SVTs are just jumping on the bandwagon, buying what's hot, buying what looks "sporty" and completley ignoring the performance factor. Honda is the best in its class, and everyone knows where Ford's "ztec" idea or whateverthehellitis came from.

Just my .02

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Mar 31 2004, 09:58 AM-->
Originally posted by E_SolSi@Mar 30 2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Cashizslick@Mar 30 2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by bigdaddyIII@Mar 30 2004, 11:19 PM
cycloneb18c3
@Mar 30 2004, 11:02 PM
my brothers si with just intake and exhaust beat a 99 civic si that had I/H/E skunk 2 stage 1 cams, skunk 2 cam gears, aem rail and regulator.  car and a half.

ummmm.... <_<

:withstupid:

:werd:

2 options for that story

1 - its :bs:
2 - the guy in the 99 Si cant drive worth shit

(possible 3rd choice - the 99 Si was only running on 3 cyl)

Possible fourth choice - AUTOMATIC 99si running on 3 cylanders with the owners girlfriend driving.

Ive never seen An "automatic si" maybe thats because they didnt make one...I hate when people get the years all fucked up. like they say I have a 97 civic si, i was like WTF are u stupid, you dont know what year ur car is.

Loco: Honda Motor Company has the cash assets to buy out all of the US big-three. They are not a small company by any means. They are starting to build Airplanes for god's sake.

Bombardier is a larger company then the US Big-3. Toyota is probably the largest of the car companys, or perhaps Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi is a ship builder first, automaker 3rd or 4th. Toyota handles garbage pick-up in Japan and other asian countries, as well as a huge industrial juggernaut.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Apr 2 2004, 10:16 AM
Loco: Honda Motor Company has the cash assets to buy out all of the US big-three. They are not a small company by any means. They are starting to build Airplanes for god's sake.

Bombardier is a larger company then the US Big-3. Toyota is probably the largest of the car companys, or perhaps Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi is a ship builder first, automaker 3rd or 4th. Toyota handles garbage pick-up in Japan and other asian countries, as well as a huge industrial juggernaut.

-> Steve

Lets not forget the Zero from World War 2 :)

fuk honda. my gf just traded in her 02 si, it was even too weak performing for her so she go a tt. as soon as i can get rid of my shit box hatch and replace it with an m3 the happier i will be.

Back