i need help bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicboy69

ok i got a 90 ef sedan five speed sohc was locked up so im going dohc but im having trouble i got a 91 ls head and 99 b20z block with crank sensor no engine harness all mounts and axles and a pm4 ecu will my stock wire harness work or will i have to go and get the ls or b20 harness?

what about the fuel pump? it will handle that setup just fine.

if the b20z has a knock sensor, don't worry about it. the pr4 won't look for it.

Yes your pump should be fine. If you can get a faster fuel pump...couldn't hurt. Look into a Si pump and see if it pumps more fuel and it could be a cheaper upgrade. As long as your 91 LS head is complete with OBD0 dizzy/injectors/TB (think TB can be OBD1 too)/etc then all you should need is a OBD0 alternator and your harness converted to MPFI. ECU should just plug in. Cable trans....I would suggest a B16 trans to get a nice jump off the line (but high rpm on highways) If you drive a lot of miles...then a LS trans. B series axles, Hasport mount kit and shift linkage (or modify the LS linkage)

heres some pic of the m
b20%20003.jpg
otor let me know what yall think
b20%20003.jpg
b20009.jpg

i wouldnt have painted the block n head black but good luck to your swap man ought to be fun i know my b16 4 door is

ya paint the block was a bad thing but im not popin the hood for any one so i fig have fun with it. its not a show car and belive it or not all i got in the car is 216.00 dollars thats the car and motor its a cheap build

Well...get a nice transmission then. If you plan on having fun with it....get a cable VTEC trans. It'll rip off the line with a VTEC trans. LS trans is a little lower gear ratio....although its getting kinda hard to get any decent condition cable trans anymore. Check out hmotorsonline.com if you want a good condition trans but plan on spending some cash (LSD would be preferred)

If your car is already MPFI...your harness should be fine. Just leave the knock sensor unhooked int the block or plug it up with a stumpy bolt (I've seen these bolt plugs on D16Y8's). Use a OBD0 B18A1 ECU (it wont read for it anyways...and its the ECU for your head)

Back