I need relationship advice.... Again

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im all for having fun, but once your pretty serious, that fun time is over until that relationship is over. once you hit that point, i dont have the heart to screw with anyone else.

well...i read some of the comments...but here is something to think about...

if its getting boring...its not just her fault...it takes two to keep a relationship exciting. i know sometimes i get these same feelings toward my girlfriend...and when i get these feelings...i actually kind of feel like she starts drifiting away from me...sooo...to keep it interesting...i come up with random surprises for her...she loves it when i do that...and boom...theres the spark again...i initiate the spark...and then she shows me how much she loved it and keeps the relationship ignited in her own way...people dont like relationships to have structure...like for example...only doing things for one another when its "suppose" to happen...ie valentines, christmas, birthday, anniversary...just pop up out of no where...and surprise her

Relationships Suck

i look at it like a car its the coolest thing when you first get it but then it gets old and boring so you must upgrade biger turbo new rims some seats and a swap now its all good but in this case you cant take the ass off the girl at work and put it on your girl the tits from the girl at the track wont work ither so its like this if you are bord let it go and try somthing new if you are feeling this way so is she you just dont know it yet but if you wait untill she makes the move she will turn you off like a switch and not turn back and that sucks becaus if she dose it there is no calls for ass :imgone:

have your fun. put this in the past as a learning experience. if you are more conservative and it bothers you that she is "experienced", you gotta go. i've been there and it ate me up. it's hard not to attack her or use it against her. with all the kevin smith fans here, it's kinda like "chasing amy".

what i don't know can't hurt me, unless she has an std. i don't wanna know. but you put yourself in that territory. get out of it early before you get too attached or she gets pregnant. have your fun. if she is there when you bang your 12 or 13 randoms. maybe then. but it will always bother you that she is more experienced. if you are anything like me that is.
Just for the record I got a late start and thats why my number is so low (high school graduate and a virgin) and vice versa, she just started a little early. But anyway...

I think at this point I'm just going to go with the flow. We're going away together for 2 days next week, if I still have the feelings after that then I'll do something. I do think they will still be there after BTW, but I'm trying to make it work for us.

You guys fucking suck at relationship advice.

Worst board ever, to try to handle relationships and get inside girl's heads. Look at how many guys on here actually have relationships and aren't just car, computer, or political geeks.

You shouldn't be asking this question to begin with, because no amount of advice is ever going to help. This is something so personal that you have to decide for yourself, whether or not you can handle the consequences of potentially losing the one you're with forever. She's young, you're young - its highly unlikely that she's going to wait up for you, but anything is possible. You just have to know and understand that the majority of the time, if you cut her lose, then she won't be coming back after an extended period of time.

For me, I ditched a 3 1/2 year relationship because I didn't feel right. Did I feel horrible? No, but I had lost that "love" sensation and things had become monotenous and were routine. I would only do things because it was my routine and expected of me, rather than living for what I wanted to do. Obviously you can't be selfish and just live for yourself all the time, but I'm young and for once in my life I wanted to be a bit selfish and make all the calls. Now girls have become nothing more than sex toys to me, for the majority, and I don't even desire a relationship right now just some good booty. So in the end, I feel like I made the decision that I had to make. I couldn't live with myself if I had questions left to ask, and I knew the relationship I was in was eventually leading down the road of marriage. I got out while I could, although it was still way late into the relationship. I couldn't feel guilty though, because I can't control my feelings.

Just for the record I got a late start and thats why my number is so low (high school graduate and a virgin) and vice versa, she just started a little early. But anyway...

I think at this point I'm just going to go with the flow. We're going away together for 2 days next week, if I still have the feelings after that then I'll do something. I do think they will still be there after BTW, but I'm trying to make it work for us.

you're going to be fine for a little while because you will leave your issues at home. you will have fun, maybe even get laid a couple times. but the issues will come back once you get on the road back home. have your fun this weekend and bounce on monday when you get back.

Of course you wanted your relationship to come one year later, that it came.

...you're young and you're still panty chasing.

My ex and myself said the same exact thing for 3 years. If only our relationship came 4 years later, when we were more mature and in our senior years of college (next year for me, this year for her) we would have made a life for ourselves and been married. Its still a possibility, but I cut my ex lose knowing I might lose her or have a change of heart and find someone more suitable - even though thats hard the imagine and hasn't happened yet.

So in the end, what we always said, was true for me. I needed the relationship to come later in life, and I just postponed my panty chasing a few years. My ex on the other hand was willing to "sacrifice" that stuff to be with me for the rest of time. It just shows two entirely different mentalities and an example that either can work.

Like I said early, take all the advice in here with a grain of salt. I tried to provide more of life stories and examples than advice so you can see where I'm coming from and what worked for me, although it may not neccesarily work for you.

I'm enjoying myself now, but from a friend's and family's perspective, none of them thought it was a wise idea to break up with my girl. I still get asked to this day if I'm going to get back with her, and its been over two months now I believe.

I just decided it was time for me to live life for myself and go out on a whim - but thats me. I'm excentric and extravagent.

I explained to a coworker, last night, who's about to put a ring on a girl's finger after three months of dating, that he needs to slow down. He's never had a real girlfriend or been a stable guy, so now when he's with someone that he actually cares about he's taking things so fast out of fear that he's going to lose her. I guess thats fine, but I wouldn't want to make a life decision with haste. As I told him last night, I can make the first two weeks with any girl amazing, and I can fall for her within two weeks if I immerse myself with her - how do I know this? Because every girl that I ever was into, I could go buck wild with in the first two weeks and have the most amazing times of my life - but soon after that the new sensation dies down and you're left with whatever substance of a real relationship you guys have. Its hard to go through life doing new things all the time, and its finnacially burdening and time consuming to be going out all the time, so you have to see how life its going to be in a routine. Sure a routine may not be as exciting, but you can change some things up to spice up your life, but in the end you're always going to fall into some sort of routine and frankly I don't see anything wrong with that. Its human nature to want routine, it provides less conflict and stress than the unknown.

I just urge you to take your time, sit down, and explore if the panty chasing is worth giving up your relationship for. There's nothing wrong with your decision either way, so don't feel guilty. Live life for yourself.

Last edited:
i dont teach girls to drive anymore. after natalie i wont do it. ive determined that girls suck at driving a stick. 3 nights straight we were driving my protege (soft clutch/wide engagement point) and she just could not get it going. the other girl i taught to drive had been working on cars forever, but her dad never taught her how to drive a stick. she knew the mechanics of how the clutch worked, so she picked it up super quick. it took me a day of driving before i stopped smoking the tires, but these people that cant do it for days just bother me.

thus "Slushbox teggy"

But I digress, I taught my girlfriend how to drive a manual when she was 16. I described it simply.

The clutch is always engaged. AS you put the pedal down, the clutch lifts off the flywheel and disengages. You need the engine disengaged to make shifts or to sit still. Figure it out.

I handed her the keys to the Supra and she just figured it out. Then I took her to a small hill, showed her the Ebrake method for hill starts, and the clutch-tach effect technique.

Downshifting, a bit more. I have found that "when you're just cruising" and you want to downshift don't move your throttle foot a single mm. Lock your ankle. When you hit the clutch, the engine will most likely shoot up to your target RPMs. This doesn't work under heavy acceleration (Demonstrate) and it doesn't work too well under light acceleration (demonstrate)

The lessons last about 15 minutes. I've taught numerous people to drive this way.

But now that I did, she refuses to own an automatic transmissioned car.

Back