I need to make a decision... CF HOOD PICS!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
which one? im thinking c/f since i want a bit more weight reduction, and overall cool factor. the evo3 aluminum hood is already lighter than the stocker too, but i would have to paint it.

opinions? im sick of my stock hood. its disgusting. i have my choice next weekend. regardless im probably going to take the c/f one since im not going turbo 4g63.

FWIW... ill have the first ever c/f hood in the world on a 4g coupe.

Ah, ok- that's the only way I would run an unpainted one on a car- if the car color was very close to the black CF color already.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ah, ok- that's the only way I would run an unpainted one on a car- if the car color was very close to the black CF color already.

I think black cars with unpainted CF are teh sexy.

I always wanted to see a full carbon fiber car, painted white, with small black pin stripes down the sides. And when you look close, you see that the pin stripes are, in fact, unpainted carbon fiber. That would be SICK.

first ever cf on a coupe?? why do i find that claim pretty out there? im sure, someone somewhere has a cf hood on their mirage.

you dont understand. the only c/f parts ever made for the 4g are for the true blue evo style "S" sedans. there are NO c/f parts out there for the coupe, or coupe/sedan(4dr with coupe front and rear).

even to date on mirageforums, evolutionm.net, 4g61t.org, and dsmtuners - the 4 most widely known mirage/dsm sites, there is NOONE with a 4g that has a c/f hood on their coupe.

just as i was the first ever to complete the conversion (and the car does make it to a few other sites via linkers and such), and i believe this to be true since even after all the mitsu publicity and everyone coming over from various boards to mirageforums to say congrats and stuff... ill have the first one.

if you want to do your research, go for it. sean, you've seen the car at its worst unfortunately :cry: Ji's mountain beat the mirage, and i will have my rematch :) this time ill be prepared with a much stiffer car, a non oil spewing rear seal, and very nice brakes.

lol yes, all i can think of when you talk about your car is that time.. i dunno why, cuz it IS the only time ive ever seen it. but hey, congrats man, its good to hear that youre doin things that no one else has. :thumbsup: and i hope you take that mtn down, it has left a scar on my car.... but itll do that, no matter how many times youve driven it (50+ times)

Get the aluminum hood :) Is the weight difference even that significant? Even my Evo 8 hood feels very light, I can't imagine the CF really being that much lighter?

Quoted post[/post]]
Get the aluminum hood :) Is the weight difference even that significant? Even my Evo 8 hood feels very light, I can't imagine the CF really being that much lighter?

it would really be pointless without the turbo though. plus, im not planning on getting the front and sides, either.

So, if you are the first to don a Cf hood.. How do you plan on aquiring said hood??

thats easy.

next weekend, road trip to PA to trade my stock hood +250 for whichever hood i want.

im also picking up a 1.6L head and matt is getting something from jersey. cant remember what it was though.

Quoted post[/post]]
thats easy.

next weekend, road trip to PA to trade my stock hood +250 for whichever hood i want.

im also picking up a 1.6L head and matt is getting something from jersey. cant remember what it was though.

So they are going to mold one from your stock hood? Or cover it with Carbon fiber?? :huh:

If they are going to cover it.. just go with an aluminum.

Back