I need to make a decision... CF HOOD PICS!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EVO 3

at some point all CF hood's crack. weather its from something falling on it, opening it a tiny bit too far and it cracks by the hinges, you close it a little too rough and it cracks by the latch, or some jackass leans on it with his/her fatass...someway, somehow it will crack.

Quoted post[/post]]
EVO 3

at some point all CF hood's crack. weather its from something falling on it, opening it a tiny bit too far and it cracks by the hinges, you close it a little too rough and it cracks by the latch, or some jackass leans on it with his/her fatass...someway, somehow it will crack.

not worried about it. im more interested in the weight savings :) than the look. this is a cheap way to drop 20lbs off without gutting the car. i like to have my interior :mrgreen:

i wont be using the latch most likely, either. it comes with hood pins that mount to pre-existing holes in the upper radiator support. hooray!

EVO 3 hood...cut out all the webbing underneath and make yourself an "H" or "X" brace out of some aluminum straps for a little support and I bet it'll come in close to the same weight as the CF hood.

Although it seems like the CF hood is already in the works :wink:. Do yourself a favor, get hood pins w/locks

seems like western mass is a breeding ground for low-life thieves.

Quoted post[/post]]
no, im bolting on a 4g Sedan VIS OEM style carbon fiber hood.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yeah, if i wasnt going all motor, i would get the vented hood...

Why in the heck are you going all motor now?

because i recently acquired a complete 4g63 swap, that im having bored out to 2.4L and tossing in forged parts that ive already bought. :worthy:

I don't understand, you want to make your own Evo yet you're going with a crappy all motor engine in comparison to the Evo's heritage of a turbo charged, small displacement, engine. :worthy:

eh. id rather reliability and instant low end torque for autocross. its not a drag car. its not a high speed car. its just going to be a nice 2.4L all motor 250whp daily driver with gobs of torque.

Quoted post[/post]]
eh. id rather reliability and instant low end torque for autocross. its not a drag car. its not a high speed car. its just going to be a nice 2.4L all motor 250whp daily driver with gobs of torque.

I'm fairly sure that a turbo will make far more gobs of torque for less than all motor and I'm pretty sure all the rally/autocross teams successfully use turbo applications.

well, it was either a used 2.0T, 200whp that needed an overhaul for 2000, or a NEW 2.4L 250whp, forged for 1250.

you do the math :wink:

make an ITB setup for that shit..

you use motorcycle (GSXR) TB's and whatnot to fab your own mani.
I've seen it done on a Neon 420A, I'm sure it'd work on a 4G63 as well with a little fanagling....

Quoted post[/post]]
make an ITB setup for that shit..

you use motorcycle (GSXR) TB's and whatnot to fab your own mani.
I've seen it done on a Neon 420A, I'm sure it'd work on a 4G63 as well with a little fanagling....

eventually that is what i want :) but for now i want a basic MS tune for 87 octane, making as much power as possible. gonna build a nice high-revving head as well.

Quoted post[/post]]
well, it was either a used 2.0T, 200whp that needed an overhaul for 2000, or a NEW 2.4L 250whp, forged for 1250.

you do the math :wink:
I still would have gone boosted. And why is it only 200whp? If you overhaul, I would expect much more. Throw a twin scroll manifold and a Evo 6.5 TME turbo on there and you'll have more than 250whp with much more torque on the low end.

overhaul meaning spending the $$ to get everything like new again... valve work... rings... headgasket, general maintenance... it was actually cheaper to build a NEW N/A motor than to swap a stock turbo motor in.

plus the wiring. oh god the wiring. the turbo has ALOT more shit to wire up than the N/A.

It wasn't an OEM c/f hood, it was an EVO5 hood for 4g sedan... but...

cf1.JPG

cf2.JPG

wow sexy man, now all yah need are new headlights to clean it all up, but deff a nice clean and original ride...congrats

Back