I need to make an exhaust...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
12 valves on a V6? Gatdamn. Talk about a head flow problem...

uh... how many valves per cyl does your 460 have?

almost all older motors were 2 valve per cyl... and quite a few still are

I think the best way, personally is 3 per cyl... and I like high revving light cars so 2 intake and 1 exhaust is best... with the sparkplug going straight into the cylinder

True, but my 460 is antiquated domestic technology. I would have thought "cutting edge" (in 1996) german engineering would be better than that.

You also have to consider that my intake valves are more than 2 inches in diameter :p

It was fucked up before I got it with some ghetto clamps and shit, I don't think it was the original exhaust, and a flex pipe broke.

So it's kinda open header right now.

Quoted post[/post]]
It was fucked up before I got it with some ghetto clamps and shit, I don't think it was the original exhaust, and a flex pipe broke.

So it's kinda open header right now.

that sucks. the stock exhuast on my old 96 A4 was a very nice thick exhuast. and like I said before I believe it was SS. My guess is the OEM exhuast would run like $3K

anywho take it to a custom exhaust shop and have them build you one. I think the guy around my parents house use to charge something like 300-400 for a basic exhaust.

I wish mine was decent. It's all hacked up and whoever got to it before me, really couldn't weld.

I'll probably make it myself. The only part that might be hard is if I can't find a dual inlet/single outlet resonator. Cause I don't think I'd weld a Y pipe too well.

I finally got my welder to work effectively so I fixed a few of the leaks and the flex. I don't think it's going to last long but it's quiet and sounds completelty stock right now.

Remus makes a catback for the 95+ 2.8 A4's...

My old roommate had one on his old A4, it was a really nice sounding exhaust

Back