Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Prelude

• Honda Civic

• Other... (Please post commen

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you want to go cheap and dont care if the shit breaks on you, go dsm. another way to go sorta cheap is the 240 route, which i see prices going up soon since its becoming popular. if I had to do it again, i wouldnt buy a civic. so id go 240 simply cuz of its rwd.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 11 2003, 12:55 AM
bah, the 300zx's are sleds. they are too fucking heavy. a kid in town has one that put 425 to the wheels, and it runs 13.8s all day long

:lol: yeah they arent exactly the lightest mofos and arent for any sort of cornering, but their very fast in the straight line.. but tahts old 425 at the wheels and 13.8? thats just a tad faster than stock.. maybe he has big ass 19 inch rims, a stereo system that costed more than the car, and very fat.. maybe?? anyway, he should be faster.. :shrug2:

Hey guys...
Thanks for the info, after looking at all the input and stuff I went and looked at some 240sx's and they're kinda ugly lol. I did see a semi good looking one in a town near by, but I dont really remember anything about it. The guy wanted like 10,000 grand for it so I drove by.
Other than a 240sx the car I was planning on buying at first is a 95 Integra GSR. Its got low miles, and it already has a performance head on it. I could change 1 or 2 internals parts and turbocharge it and hit close to 12's right? Does anyone know what internal goes 1st as the boost starts to go up?

Thanks guys

the block. lol

hondas suck :D

cracking sleeves is very common. other than that, pistons melt.
all of which can be stopped with proper fueling.

I would do the 240SX, with a honda you have to sleeve the block and get rods, pistons, bearings, etc, etc and this ain't including the turbo kit you need.
sr20 swaps are easy and will get you there much faster than a honda buildup.

i love the look of an AE86, but 1 of those, skyline engine, mid 12's for sure on stock engine. Sport Compact car did a HUGE engine buyer's guide and install page on the last issue, if ur going the nissa route, check that out before u buy. everyone has a honda. get something else:( a nice white AE86 with gunmetal rims and carbon hood looks dope.

Whats an AE86?
And minus the cost of the 240sx... how much does an sr20det swap cost, and a skyline swap cost? And out of the sr20det and the Skyline swaps, which should I go with? And also with the Skyline swap is there any sort of pain in the butt stuff, cause its comming from a japenese car that cost like 20,000 just to get it registered in the U.S. or something like that.

Thanks guys

AE86 = 1st gen Toyota Corolla

I'm guessing the SR20DET would cost about 2-3 grand if you do it yourself.

Thanks...

Can anyone tell me if this is a 240sx or a Silvia?
The name of the pic is dls14 if that helps at all.

Thanks

dls14front.jpg

dls14rear.jpg

Hey...
Does anyone know the weight difference of a 95ish 240sx and a 91 Silvia?
I just read in my sport compact magazine that a Silvia pulling 274hp at the wheels ran a 13.7 at best. It said the Silvia only weighs 2600 pounds. They spent 7500 dollars achieving 274hp.

Im wondering if Im going to have to spent 7500 to get my 13's in a 240sx too. What reasons would the 240sx be faster or slower then a Silvia?

Thanks guys.

A 240sx is what we have here, it has a non-turbocharged 2.4 liter motor, 170hp(?), a Silvia is what they have overseas, SR20DET, 2.0L Turbocharged. Nissan Site

Originally posted by Nofx@Sep 16 2003, 11:14 PM
Hey...
Does anyone know the weight difference of a 95ish 240sx and a 91 Silvia?
I just read in my sport compact magazine that a Silvia pulling 274hp at the wheels ran a 13.7 at best. It said the Silvia only weighs 2600 pounds. They spent 7500 dollars achieving 274hp.

Im wondering if Im going to have to spent 7500 to get my 13's in a 240sx too. What reasons would the 240sx be faster or slower then a Silvia?

Thanks guys.

don't listen to magazines. they are morons. they spend thousnads of dollars on worhtless shit.

you can get 300 whp for $2800 in a nisaan.

sr20 swap = 2500 complete... hell, you can most likely get it cheaper
300 - profec B

there are NO silvia's in the US. stop comparing a 240 vs a silvia, because they are the same damn car.

JDM 180sx = USDM 24sx fastback
JDM Silvia = USDM 240sx coupe

US cars got the ka24, jdm cars got the ca18det 89-90, and the sr20 91+

Alright...

Well how can I spend under 7500 and get 13.7?

I can make a list and price of the stuff the spent the money on if you'd like.

Thanks guys

In the magazine the guy had an sr20det in the car already. If a Silvia and a 240sx are the same thing, how come he had to spend 7500 getting 274hp? I dont understand. Anyways, Ive been looking at sites and I came across this one...

http://www.xatracing.com

this is the link to nissan engine swap part....

http://www.xatracing.com/xatracingparts.ht...ol1=nissan.html

please go check it out, let me know what you think I should go with for my lower 13's.

Thanks guys

maybe he spent 7500 on N/A and got 274 hp with the KA24DE
how much are 95-96 240's going for these days? near you guys i mean, on ebay theres a huge range and kbb isnt very accurate either

Im 100% sure that it was a sr20det engine... and it was 274hp at the wheels, they upgraded to a Potato turbo and FMIC and all sorts of other stuff...

I think Im just going to get an Acura Integra now anyways, 240sx's are kinda ugly unless you put a body kit on it.

Yeah I wanna change mine. I voted for the Teg a few days ago. I wanna change mine to an Eclipse, f0o!

s3f6694e735b7a.jpg

Go fast and look like a preppy chick while you're running 12-13's!!!

:worthy:

Originally posted by Nofx@Sep 16 2003, 10:14 PM
I just read in my sport compact magazine that a Silvia pulling 274hp at the wheels ran a 13.7 at best.

I re-read the article and that was a Nissan Sentra that ran 13.7 with 274 HP... anyone know the weight difference of a Sentra and a 240sx?

What kind of times am I looking at with just the 240sx running an sr20det? Stock...

Thanks guys

Not really weight difference.
Sentra=FWD
240=Rwd.
The 240 weighs more. Too lazy to go look up weights.

Back