Interview help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea.
$52k/yr + $2000 sign on bonus.
i start December 7th.

and yea im working at geek squad now. this job opportunity really had perfect timing for me. i was starting to want to leave GS (im starting to feel unappreciated even though i do like 90% of the repair work in a team of about 10-12 pepole), and my lease is up soon (Jan). i already put in my 2 weeks and signed my separation notice.

i'm faxing over my acceptance letter and some other paperwork today, and i take my drug screen tomorrow.

yea.
$52k/yr + $2000 sign on bonus.
i start December 7th.

and yea im working at geek squad now. this job opportunity really had perfect timing for me. i was starting to want to leave GS (im starting to feel unappreciated even though i do like 90% of the repair work in a team of about 10-12 pepole), and my lease is up soon (Jan). i already put in my 2 weeks and signed my separation notice.

i'm faxing over my acceptance letter and some other paperwork today, and i take my drug screen tomorrow.

Good for you man, thats awesome. Don't spend all your new found loot on drugs

Very cool, so what kind of growth potential does this gig come with?

yeah advancment and such is what I was asking about. That is very cool. Man, congrats once again. And make sure you network like a son of a bitch. In the two years I've been doing what I've been doing I now know people in DOD, DOJ and Corp of Engineers. You never know what the future holds so keeping some avenues open is always good.

Yup. Ian's just starting his career as an engineer. TONS of potential for growth. Hell, I'm just at the beginning of mine too, and if you guys knew half the crap I was doing you'd crap your pants.

hahahaha.

the day was pretty good. i stopped by the corporate office to finish up some paperwork. then went to my location and did more paperwork lol. then the FOT manager introduced me to a few of the online engineers and he pretty much showed me around the work area, ave me some info and i just tried to listen and absorb as much as i could.

tomorrow the FOT manager will give me a checklist (23 pages long) of things to learn over the next few months. there are written exams and hands on exams and oral exams to get me 100% certified, and the process will take about 3-4 months. its like being in college all over again. except im getting paid for it :) seems like i wont start shift work until im certified, or close to being certified. so its 9-5 M-F for me now

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm over in Timonium right now. Leaving tomorrow afternoon though.

Back