Jdm d15b purge conrol valve problem 92 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justinsfree88

So I got a 92hatch with a fresh d15b vtec and everything runs great, only thing is I got the purge conrol valve that was on my b7 intake just hanging on the firewall due to the jdm intake haas deleted this.
I noticed that the intake has the spot the vacume line would go it just hasn't been drilled or taped?
Is thier a use for this valve or is it something I can just remove and plug the line going to the canister? Keep in mind I live in las vegas where smog is a headache.

JDM cars didn't have that solenoid. It's used to control gas vapors(it's a emissions equipment). I do not know how thorough Las Vegas inspection is; but some people will pass it as long as everything is still equipped. If you want it functioning, you can tee off another vacuum hose and install it there.

that's what I was thinking, also I'm running the p28 ecu and was wondering if the settings were ideal for this motor our should I get tuned for the jdm motor. And vtec activation is set at 5.2 is this the same settings as the jdm si at it factory setting? Or should I get the jdm ecu.

I don't recall what the factory VTEC switchover was, but the Z6 will be able to run it fine; but a specific tune(or basemap) is optimal.

Back