Jobs unaffected by economy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Move here, You can have the job that will be opened up in two weeks. :p

Move to Alaska. There's always jobs here, especially in the summer. If you can stand the winters, you can make good money here. I'd say we're probably the least affected by the recession. I personally don't know anyone who's lost their job locally.

What type of jobs are up there?

If your looking for career that pays allot of money and that is in high demand and you can do so many things with...it would be a Registered nurse...yes guys are RN too....they are in such high demand....plus you can do allot...you dont just have to work at a hospital...you can be a case manager, work per diem, pretty much anything in the medical field and they make 30+ dollars an hours + overtime...

Move to Alaska. There's always jobs here, especially in the summer. If you can stand the winters, you can make good money here. I'd say we're probably the least affected by the recession. I personally don't know anyone who's lost their job locally.

yeah but i live in europe man i always wanted to move to the US but dont know if il get a green card and shit like that but if il move il probly move down to california summer 356 days a year:D

If your looking for career that pays allot of money and that is in high demand and you can do so many things with...it would be a Registered nurse...yes guys are RN too....they are in such high demand....plus you can do allot...you dont just have to work at a hospital...you can be a case manager, work per diem, pretty much anything in the medical field and they make 30+ dollars an hours + overtime...

and yeah thats the only jobbs that are on high deman down here to

Last edited:
I think RNs are wanted everywhere. There was some report about jobs and they were talking about that.

Pharmaceuticals, light construction, doctors, nurses, anything bio-med, and to be honest some of the auto-repair field (as far as high-line) is still holding steady.

Right now is a good time to try and build something on your own too. Take a look around your area, are there any gaps in provided services that you have experince with?

Like I said with auto, it depends highly on the area and what type of manufacturer. Highline sales and service are up in my home area - but in all honesty, 95% is down.

Light construction, as in renovation and things of that sort is still steady according to a few contractors near me.

Here's my advice. Suck it up with a shitty job and get done with school as fast as you can. There are always going to be mechanical engineering jobs out there. The energy field is growing quickly and pays really well. There's a big boom in retirement right now and a shortage of new engineers. I work for an automotive company, and yes while sales are down like 30%, they still need me (knock on wood).

I'm the pepsi guy. Our stock actually jumped a dollar today, and has been climing steadily through this crap.

People will always buy soda. Because the price of a bottle of pepsi isn't going to change a damn thing with your financial situation. And as far as the current situation.. Pepsi is nowhere near any kind of loan or banking or mortgage type of business. We're in the clear.

Think about it.

I deal legal cocaine for a living. I offer it in many flavors.

Pharmaceutical in the area is down also. When I worked at Caterpillar, there were 3 or 4 pharmaceutical plants and labs(Bayer, Talecris, and some other ones; my neighbor down the street actually works at one of them) around there, and even more in Raleigh/RTP/Durham. I've tried to apply at all of them but they're not hiring. Within the pharmaceutical industry, the life-saving drugs are steady while vaccines and such are "seasonal".

What type of jobs are up there?
In the summer, it's mostly construction and tourism. In the south there are fishing jobs, but they're seasonal. Up north there is the oil drilling industry that employs a variety of people from cooks to construction hands to petroleum engineers. The weather is harsh, and civilization is sparse, but you can clear $100K a year if you can stand the working conditions. I live in the interior and work at an open pit gold mine as an engineering technician (glorified surveyor). One of the lower paid jobs, haul truck driving makes $60-70K a year depending on how much overtime you work. Summer's coming soon, so this is one of the best times to find a job up here.

In the summer, it's mostly construction and tourism. In the south there are fishing jobs, but they're seasonal. Up north there is the oil drilling industry that employs a variety of people from cooks to construction hands to petroleum engineers. The weather is harsh, and civilization is sparse, but you can clear $100K a year if you can stand the working conditions. I live in the interior and work at an open pit gold mine as an engineering technician (glorified surveyor). One of the lower paid jobs, haul truck driving makes $60-70K a year depending on how much overtime you work. Summer's coming soon, so this is one of the best times to find a job up here.

thats in canada right?

Back