JRSC Upgrades

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
I'm very satisfied with the supercharger on my Civic, but I'm wondering what else there is to do to mod it. I can't find the 9 psi pulley anywhere. Links?

Also, who makes a more universal water intercooler than JR? There setup is like $500 for just a water mister.

Originally posted by Prowler+Sep 12 2005, 05:44 PM-->
Also, who makes a more universal water intercooler than JR? There setup is like $500 for just a water mister.
[post=553302]Quoted post[/post]​

Water mister and air/water intercooler are two different things... get the mister. :) Aquamist makes good water injection systems, and they're pretty popular too.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

CoreyR
@Sep 12 2005, 07:56 PM
water mister? whats that do?
[post=553399]Quoted post[/post]​

Sprays water into your intake charge to:

1. reduce temperature to eliminate detonation and increase oxygen density
2. increase mass of intake charge
3. cleans the engine :)

You can also add some denatured alcohol or methanol to the mix, the help cool it faster.

Could you maybe set up a nitrous kit, something like an intercooler sprayer, except that would spray on the outside of the manifold (or whatever you call it)? Seems like that would make it cold as fuck....

:shrug2:

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2005, 08:25 PM
Could you maybe set up a nitrous kit, something like an intercooler sprayer, except that would spray on the outside of the manifold (or whatever you call it)? Seems like that would make it cold as fuck....

[post=554012]Quoted post[/post]​

the intake would suck up some of the nitrous and cause a lean condition. plus thin kabout how long you would have to spray nitrous on a thick cast aluminum manfifold to get it cold enough to do anything.

Originally posted by EGProject@Sep 13 2005, 08:13 PM
You can also add some denatured alcohol or methanol to the mix, the help cool it faster.
[post=554004]Quoted post[/post]​

but then you have to tune the car for the added fuel. i added too much alcohol onmy SRT and it lost like 10 WHP from being too rich. if you run like 10% it migh not be too bad though.

Originally posted by CoreyR+Sep 13 2005, 08:31 PM-->
civicious
@Sep 13 2005, 08:25 PM

the intake would suck up some of the nitrous and cause a lean condition. plus thin kabout how long you would have to spray nitrous on a thick cast aluminum manfifold to get it cold enough to do anything.
[post=554016]Quoted post[/post]​

I highly doubt any nitrous would make it to the intake, unless you were just spraying it randomly all over the engine bay.

And have you ever sprayed nitrous oxide on anything? It's fucking COLD...I doubt it'd take much to cool the manifold.

Originally posted by CoreyR+Sep 13 2005, 08:31 PM-->
civicious

I know a guy that does that and has no problem. In fact, he has an MR2 with an upgraded turbo and three shots of nitrous.

1 shot for the engine; it's either a 50 or 70 shot
1 shot on the intercooler; 20 shot I believe
1 shot on the intake piping

As far as I know he has had no problems. You can ask BDN about this too, he was standing right there when the guy was explaining it to me.

Originally posted by civicious+Sep 13 2005, 08:40 PM-->
Originally posted by CoreyR@Sep 13 2005, 08:31 PM
civicious

I highly doubt any nitrous would make it to the intake, unless you were just spraying it randomly all over the engine bay.

And have you ever sprayed nitrous oxide on anything? It's fucking COLD...I doubt it'd take much to cool the manifold.
[post=554021]Quoted post[/post]​

yes i have. C02 is colder and it still wouldnt cool the manifold very fast. think about it the manifold is like 150*. it would take like 15 seconds of spraying to actually cool it enough to do anything significant. water injection is MUCH more effective.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2005, 09:13 PM
Way to look like a jackass, Corey-ARRRRR
[post=554050]Quoted post[/post]​

just because someone did it doesnt mean its smart or worthwhile. ;)

Originally posted by CoreyR+Sep 13 2005, 09:16 PM-->
Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2005, 08:40 PM
civicious

yes i have. C02 is colder and it still wouldnt cool the manifold very fast. think about it the manifold is like 150*. it would take like 15 seconds of spraying to actually cool it enough to do anything significant. water injection is MUCH more effective.
[post=554051]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait... you're talking about the intake MANIFOLD? right? I (and I believe Wil) was talking about the intake, not the manifold. Nitrous will cool off the intake pipe, whether or not that helps by the time the air makes it through the manifold, I don't know, but I'm sure neither of us really have dyno figures to prove it either way.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Sep 13 2005, 09:29 PM-->
Originally posted by CoreyR@Sep 13 2005, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by civicious@Sep 13 2005, 08:40 PM
civicious

[post=554051]Quoted post[/post]​

Wait... you're talking about the intake MANIFOLD? right? I (and I believe Wil) was talking about the intake, not the manifold. Nitrous will cool off the intake pipe, whether or not that helps by the time the air makes it through the manifold, I don't know, but I'm sure neither of us really have dyno figures to prove it either way.
[post=554055]Quoted post[/post]​

no he was talking about the manifold itself

Ok my bad, being tired and half assed reading things doesn't help.

So... then how would the intake suck up nitrous after spraying it on the manifold itself? I can see that on a short ram, but not a CAI or even a stock intake.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Sep 13 2005, 09:35 PM
Ok my bad, being tired and half assed reading things doesn't help.

So... then how would the intake suck up nitrous after spraying it on the manifold itself? I can see that on a short ram, but not a CAI or even a stock intake.
[post=554059]Quoted post[/post]​

look at his intake, it is a short ram.

I know, I was asking in general. That's why I said I can see it with a SRI.

Back