1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

junkyard screwed me over!!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by vintagecamping, Aug 2, 2010.

1. vintagecamping

vintagecamping New Member

Heres the deal i'm fixing a buddys 1991 Accord 2.2. He overheated it and cracked the head, I went to a honda salvage yard and picked up a used head for $160.00 it was gunked up so I had it hot tanked pressure tested and resurfaced for $150.00 so everthing was going good untill i looked at the intake gasket fit. The coolant passage on the old head was round the rebuilt head had a oval shapped passage the intake ports are smaller. Well they sold me a 1994 head. They admitted the were wrong but say I"m out of luck on the $150.00 in machine shop fees. W.T.F. They will find me a replacement head but wont kick back any $$$. They recomended using a 1994 intake gasket to cover the size difference. What do you think. Will it work?? What about the smaller intake ports? This car is a basic transpo car no racing.

Thanks Everyone
    MC

2. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I believe it's possible to use the F22B head on a F22A block. If you're talking about the coolant passage in the head; the head gasket actually has smaller holes to direct coolant flow towards certain cylinders.

It's known that the F22A heads flow much higher than the F22B heads; so if you're not racing it should not be a problem at all.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted