junkyard screwed me over!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vintagecamping

Heres the deal i'm fixing a buddys 1991 Accord 2.2. He overheated it and cracked the head, I went to a honda salvage yard and picked up a used head for $160.00 it was gunked up so I had it hot tanked pressure tested and resurfaced for $150.00 so everthing was going good untill i looked at the intake gasket fit. The coolant passage on the old head was round the rebuilt head had a oval shapped passage the intake ports are smaller. Well they sold me a 1994 head. They admitted the were wrong but say I"m out of luck on the $150.00 in machine shop fees. W.T.F. They will find me a replacement head but wont kick back any $$$. They recomended using a 1994 intake gasket to cover the size difference. What do you think. Will it work?? What about the smaller intake ports? This car is a basic transpo car no racing.

Thanks Everyone
MC

I believe it's possible to use the F22B head on a F22A block. If you're talking about the coolant passage in the head; the head gasket actually has smaller holes to direct coolant flow towards certain cylinders.

It's known that the F22A heads flow much higher than the F22B heads; so if you're not racing it should not be a problem at all.

Back