Just got myself a 1991 crx vtec :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks, however its not that great , hopefully a full respray soon - needs new inner /outer arch on the rear :( many stonechips too - but at the end of the day ive got more important things to do like a full polybush kit to sort - however finding the parts for a vtec is a problem !

hey again
blanco , just ordered the dvd from peter at IAP so should be with me pretty soon i hope :D thanks for the advise and everything. Just ordered a nice full poly bush set from the states too :) mugen wheels next me thinks ;)
In the meantime someone has offered me a dc sports 4-1 header for pretty cheap - is it worth investing into something like this or should i be looking " higher "
Regards
mark

hey watched the dvd pretty damn sweet :)
ive been speaking to rocket about sorting me ( a similar ) valvetrain / m22 cams out ... not too sure over in the uk who would do a head job like tom did.

however the dvd did leave me a little confused , especially how the things arent really in any sort of order .... when they are messing around with the head at first i thought it was the original head, but when they are re installing it , its a type r ( ctr ? ) head - im guessing the auto head is no good or something, surely they could of machined the head so its the same ?
my b16a1 head should be the same as the ctr head , if i had the correct valve job etc done ?

also ive only watched about 80% of the dvds , he mentioned they used a stock type r 64mm inlet (integra? )and bored a standard tb to 64, would it hurt to get a skunk 2 inlet @70mm, as i know someone is selling one pretty cheap around here , or would there be not enough velocity or something ? :(

really want to start ordering parts , but finding any advice in the UK is a pain in the a*se , people just say " get a b20 " !!! one last thing , any opinions on the st corsa cam gears? ok omniman recommends them , but performance wise do they have actually any advantage compared to say, aem tru time gears ? ( just so happens someone is selling some of these aem gears cheap too ! )
would appreciate the advice !
ps : car in the bodyshop, so full respray soon :D, still not decided on colour , matt blue anyone ? will update with piccies shortly

Last edited:
Dude, turbo it!

Like Blanco said, all motor is the expensive way to hardly any hp... seriously, USDM H22a has 190hp. For not two terribly much you could get yourself a nice turbo setup and have all of the joy of way more than 190hp.

Just my $.02

i appreciate what your saying , i fully understand that the turbo would give quite a bit more hp and a load more torque , however for now, i want to go down the n/a route. maybe one day ill sell this motor / car and move onto something turbo. this car might end up doing hillclimb/sprints - which wouldnt allow a turbo in its class anyway,
m22 cams , springs and retainers might be on the way later today ;)
regards
mark

yeah i thought it would be something along those lines blanco, thanks

$1300 worth of valvetrain components on the way inc m22 cams :)
car out of bodyshop tomorrow
ooh look at what else i might be getting on in the next few days ;)

opinions ? i love the wheels but ive got a feeling the bright white will atract thieves ( especially people who know about desmond regamaster's :p ) + cops so i might get some black rota slipstreams and save quite a bit of cash...
next month a 100% full respray ( in blue ) however i need opinions on what blue to go for ? stock ? brighter ? darker ? ....

Last edited:
yeah if i do get em ill be throwing new rubber on - benefits for working in the tyre trade !

I'm actually thinking of trading my ls/vtec ef for a b16 crx then turboing it.....lets see some pics though.B16's are nasty top end when built right the efin scream!

Well its been a while eh?
Not really much to say - however ive got a garage at the end of the month so ill be starting doing some work on her :)
b16 turbo? sweet - however at the moment im going full n/a on her ( staying 1.6) wil keep you posted.
Will most likely start a build thread ;)
Ive got a spare block which is getting built up in the garage , and then swaped into the crx ( or whatever car i have, as i still like the ef hatch - been thinking of swapping lol)

Blanco :
You still around ? Got the dvd in the end.. I appreciate you recommending it.
Believe it or not steve is actually sending me a very similar head that was used in the dvd out to me, if all goes well, this week. We have done quite a bit of talking. He's a good guy.
Also my motor is going to be running a little higher compression and also better gas ( 95 + 98 at the pumps over here ). Maybe a little more rpm too.
Ill be dissapointed not to hit similar figures. The setup will be almost the same, but a toda header ( waiting for one to come up , but will probably end up buying new )
Ive also got a mugen 4-2-1 but thats most likely getting sold ( bought to sell )

Last edited:
welllll easter *is* coming soon :D

kidding - looks like you did a good job on it; definitely not a common color for the rex though.

ps gorrrrrrrgeous rex.

:drool:

how bout dare i say it...... just spray your car, it's cheap as fuck, and easy to install and use, you till get the good gas mileage of a N/A car and can get the extra power you need when you want it. the stock block will hold a 75 shot all day. the real beauty of nitrous is the torque you get from it. i sprayed my motor that started w/ 115k miles on it for almost two years, w/ no problems all the way up until i sold the thing. i would go through a bottle about every week and a half too.

Back