kick in the dick for stern

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
prob better if they try to censor before congress feels the need to legislate on the matter...

its a bit ridiculous if they do legislate on this...
its a pay service, you don't like it, don't listen to it...

god damn religious right is getting out of control, they think if it offends them then no one should be able to listen to it...

Sirius Moves to Censor Howard Stern

Howard Stern may curse the day he decided to leave terrestrial radio and jump to Sirius – the satellite broadcaster is taking steps to censor the shock jock.

The morning drive-time radio host said he left terrestrial radio because he was fed up with censorship by individual stations and FCC fines for indecency. Now, in what must be a painful irony for Stern, Sirius executives are developing an internal document that will set boundaries for his show.

Stern’s new show is also being broadcast with a time-delay that facilitates censoring, the New York Post reports.

It’s not clear if Stern knew he would be subject to guidelines regarding indecency when he signed on with Sirius, according to the Post.

Sirius’ move to impose boundaries on Stern comes as pressure continues to mount in Congress to regulate programming on cable and satellite radio and TV.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/...5423.shtml?s=tn

i hate gov't regulation.

Congrats on voting for a mostly republican house, senate, and president.
this is what you get.

Howard mentioned that television stations picked up The Post article, but that the subsequent stories got morphed into something that was even more untrue than the original report. Howard explained that Fox News, for example, even ran stories yesterday that he’s on the verge of leaving SIRIUS because of the alleged restrictions. To add insult to injury, Howard announced that Neil Cavuto, who hosts a show on Fox, had “Howard Stern expert” Chaunce Hayden on his show. Before he got to the clip, Howard pointed out that Hayden is no more an expert on him than any other of his listeners and has never been affiliated with the show in any way. In fact, Howard added that he hasn’t allowed Hayden to even be on the show for over a year because he can no longer trust him.

fox news and the new york post....

both are about as true as the National Enquirer.

layout.gif

<sniff><Sniff> This place smells like poo. i'm outta here.

EDIT: You know what ? I've got one thing to say before I leave.

You people awake in the morning and the first thing you do is find a reason to hate the United States, Government and everyone else. It's the sign of a miserable person. Otherwise, The NYTimes has LIED. They printed an aricle that is untrue. While I am no "Howard Stern Expert", I am a Sirius Radio expert - and Sirius can mark the Stern channel "extreme" and run it anyway they like. XM has the Playboy channel for god's sake.

but instead of looking at this from the reasonable eye of a not-so-fuckin-miserable person, you instead started to rant in on Government and Conservatives. You took this lie as a chance to air your unfounded (Yes.. UNFOUNDED remember it's a lie?) opinions on others that think differently than you do.

Really nice. The shit smell is making my eyes water. Adieu.

the NY times is NOT the New York post.

they couldn't be further from opposite news quality publications.

SORRY: Post, not times. Same thing. Wrong opinions based on wrong news, and the news is refuted and the opinion sticks.

Yeah every morning when I wake up I cant wait to start blaming the problems of the world on our governement. I dont think anybody here was really "ranting" on our goverment in this thread..

No, but you jumped in with that shit immediately and without thought. That's ignorant.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah every morning when I wake up I cant wait to start blaming the problems of the world on our governement. I dont think anybody here was really "ranting" on our goverment in this thread..

No, you're good.

personal censorship is better than the government doing it, but it is a payed service, sirius isn't acting how they shuld on the whole censorship issues, was anyone really complaining about stern anyway?

Quoted post[/post]]
<sniff><Sniff> This place smells like poo. i'm outta here.

EDIT: You know what ? I've got one thing to say before I leave.

You people awake in the morning and the first thing you do is find a reason to hate the United States, Government and everyone else. It's the sign of a miserable person. Otherwise, The NYTimes has LIED. They printed an aricle that is untrue. While I am no "Howard Stern Expert", I am a Sirius Radio expert - and Sirius can mark the Stern channel "extreme" and run it anyway they like. XM has the Playboy channel for god's sake.

but instead of looking at this from the reasonable eye of a not-so-fuckin-miserable person, you instead started to rant in on Government and Conservatives. You took this lie as a chance to air your unfounded (Yes.. UNFOUNDED remember it's a lie?) opinions on others that think differently than you do.

Really nice. The shit smell is making my eyes water. Adieu.

If you were a "Sirius" Expert, than you would have known that the Playboy channel is NOT on XM, but will be launched on SIRIUS in early 2006.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sirius-s...oy-channel.html

Your shit smell is making my eyes water. Adieu.

Quoted post[/post]]
If you were a "Sirius" Expert, than you would have known that the Playboy channel is NOT on XM, but will be launched on SIRIUS in early 2006.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sirius-s...oy-channel.html

Your shit smell is making my eyes water. Adieu.

http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_...07_23_9998.html
Playboy Radio (ch. 205) - This adult entertainment premium channel, available for an additional $2.99 per month, will debut on XM on Sept. 3, 2002.

Tell me how that foot tastes.

XM on Sept. 3, 2002.

SIRIUS Satellite Radio is launching a new 24/7 Playboy radio channel in early 2006 called (wait for it) Playboy Radio. SIRIUS' Playboy Radio will feature new original programming, like a new morning show that will include segments with the only man who work attire consists of pajamas and a bathrobe: Playboy founder Hugh Hefner.

The new Playboy Radio on SIRIUS Satellite Radio will also have live call-in shows and broadcasts from the Playboy Mansion and will produce more than four times the content of the previous radio ventures (which includes a partnership with XM Satellite Radio), to keep listeners entertained morning, noon and night.

hello and welcome to 2006...

Back