losing weight too fast=bad?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my weight fluctuates more than 4 lbs all the time.... seems every time i weigh myself its different. i range between 188 and 198, just depending on what i was doing that week. but yeah i work in the sun in south florida so some of the fluctuation is probly due to water that im drinking, or not drinking. i have lost as much as 10 lbs in a week before.

don't do a colon cleanse. do the master cleanse. i have done this and it works well. you only really need to do it for about 3 days. you will lose a lot of weight and clean out your system. you just have to be careful because you will gain the weight back if you eat too much.

The Master Cleanse Directions and Ingredients to the Lemonade Diet

Interesting. My neighbor did something like that I guess, I'm not sure how much weight he lost but he's much slimmer(although his was primarily grapefruit).

My weight fluctuates when I'm active, but as of lately it's been pretty stable.

I haven't gained or lost weight in like 2 years. Still hovering right about 140 no matter what I eat or do.

:werd: Me too.

To the OP, Ive got some methods that worked awesome for me, that may help you out. I lifted and conditioned for about 5 years. I also learned most of my methods from books, written by trained pros. The key to my work outs was variety, in both muscle group and weight/repitition. I rarely did any kind of conditioning (aside from a warm up jog) on the same day I did any weight training. One thing that really made a difference in my workouts was focusing on one muscle group during each work out. This way, the muscles you just worked have time to regenerate, and grow while your doing other muscle groups. Not to mention, it makes your work outs much more comfortable. Also, I switched off every week between heavy weights and high reps. One week, every muscle gets hit with heavy weights. Next week, drop the weight down and jack the reps way up. Also, I spent at least 1 day a week doin nothin but conditioning. Begining of the week, end of the week, or even in the middle. It never seemed to affect the rest of my routine. Towards the end I was even puttin tons of variety into the different lifts I was doin. I tried to avoid hittin the same group, with the same lift, on the same week (weight/rep), in the same month. If that makes sence.

Again, this all what worked best for me, maybe some of it would work out well for you. My results speak for themselves. I picked up 45 pounds on my power clean lift in 2 months and I could do the 300 yard sprint for our school fittness test in 55 seconds, then do it again 5 minutes later in 1:06.

Meh, that's a debate that no one can agree on. Everyone has their own strategies for working out and people always seem to be butting heads about them. Not saying you're wrong at all, though. I personally see no problem in working out everyday. Although I would normally take the weekends off, I'd just work a different muscle group each day starting at the center of my body and working my way out. That's an extremely common thing among people I've spoken to.

every experienced person ive ever spoken too, every article written by professional body builders that ive ever read said that working out every day is a no no.

4 lbs is not in the danger zone
and the weight generally sheds fast when you first start

from everything i have read its unhealthy to work out the same muscle groups 2 days in a row
but i've never seen anything against doing some wort of workout everyday
could just be cardio on your break days from your lifting schedule

They also say dont take more than a day with out a form of exercise.

i was referring more to lifting weights.. but yeah, i would do cardio on one of my rest days. but thered be at least one day a week where i wouldnt do shit.

When I was weight training we'd work out every day, but one day we would hit upper body, the next day we'd do lower body. Little cardio every day, hard core cardio three times a week.

:werd: Me too.

To the OP, Ive got some methods that worked awesome for me, that may help you out. I lifted and conditioned for about 5 years. I also learned most of my methods from books, written by trained pros. The key to my work outs was variety, in both muscle group and weight/repitition. I rarely did any kind of conditioning (aside from a warm up jog) on the same day I did any weight training. One thing that really made a difference in my workouts was focusing on one muscle group during each work out. This way, the muscles you just worked have time to regenerate, and grow while your doing other muscle groups. Not to mention, it makes your work outs much more comfortable. Also, I switched off every week between heavy weights and high reps. One week, every muscle gets hit with heavy weights. Next week, drop the weight down and jack the reps way up. Also, I spent at least 1 day a week doin nothin but conditioning. Begining of the week, end of the week, or even in the middle. It never seemed to affect the rest of my routine. Towards the end I was even puttin tons of variety into the different lifts I was doin. I tried to avoid hittin the same group, with the same lift, on the same week (weight/rep), in the same month. If that makes sence.

Again, this all what worked best for me, maybe some of it would work out well for you. My results speak for themselves. I picked up 45 pounds on my power clean lift in 2 months and I could do the 300 yard sprint for our school fittness test in 55 seconds, then do it again 5 minutes later in 1:06.

Was this a high school fitness test? Was it a 300 yard shuttle? When I ran track in high school I could run 400 meters in 55 seconds. I would be doing good to run it in less than 1:10 now. Ah the glory days....;)

Last edited:
When I was weight training we'd work out every day, but one day we would hit upper body, the next day we'd do lower body. Little cardio every day, hard core cardio three times a week.

was that in high school?
cuz thats how it was when i did weight training in high school too.
high school weight trainers are far from the most knowledgeable.

Was this a high school fitness test? Was it a 300 yard shuttle? When I ran track in high school I could run 400 meters in 55 seconds. I would be doing good to run it in less than 1:10 now. Ah the glory days....;)

Yup, you got it! I ran the shuttle in 51 seconds once, but I threw up afterwards, so it doesnt count lol. I could average 55 in it easily, but the more I worked at the lower my repeat time got. Yes those were the glory days lol.

I have gained about 12 pounds since thanksgiving last year... but i also have been welding like a motherfucker... haven't gotten any fatter or skinnier so, I'm guessing the weight is being put in my upper body and torso as muscle.. and i know my shoulders and upper arms hve gotten bigger and more toned and shit... i wish i could show you guys a contrast of before and after... it's crazy how much i changed in the last 4 1/2 months

I couldn't help but lmao when i read this part... thank you get-nick lol

"Once you feel you can no longer hold out, go to the bathroom. A word of warning while you wait for this moment. DO NOT FART!!!. You will most certainly not pass only air - if you know what I mean."

i'm gonna give this process a try... i remember back when i had my appendix removed i also got my colon checked fro cancer, since it runs in the family and there was a tumor found inside of my appendix... which i had to do a colon cleanse prior to.. and i did feel pretty good after that huge shit...

Colon Cleanse is just fiber right? I think I have something like that already.

Mostly fiber. And something else that makes you shit your brains out. That stuff will clean you the hell out though. And you really do feel the difference when its all over.

klee-irwin-close.jpg

get some.

i can easily lose 10 lbs in a week just by eating like a girl. but i can also gain 20 by eating like a man :X

Wait, so what do you eat like if it's neither a man or woman? Do you have chocolate milk, a snack pack and a bologna sandwich for lunch?

Wait, so what do you eat like if it's neither a man or woman? Do you have chocolate milk, a snack pack and a bologna sandwich for lunch?

i believe unisex people just eat plain bread.

i have been inspired to start working out again.
i started a few days ago. too bad all i have are these dumbbells.

I have the biggest issues with losing weight simply for the fact that I can't always monitor what I am eating - I blame my odd sleeping schedule, work and classes.

Gaining muscle for me is so damn hard because I am one of the few that actually like to run and I do so as often as I can (I was off it for a while and lost a lot of my endurance so I don't really like to hold off)

I have the biggest issues with losing weight simply for the fact that I can't always monitor what I am eating - I blame my odd sleeping schedule, work and classes.

Gaining muscle for me is so damn hard because I am one of the few that actually like to run and I do so as often as I can (I was off it for a while and lost a lot of my endurance so I don't really like to hold off)

i can eat whatev i want.
:D

But you're also built like carrot top before the roids.

Back