Working out....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is where I'm at now. I've been smoking a bit too much lately and eating at odd hours. But I've lost 3X lbs since december, and all my numbers have stayed the same or gone up. I'm 6'0 177lbs.

These pictures aren't the best, I just got off work. But oh well.

December
December.jpg

10 minutes ago on a full stomach.
PIC-0051.jpg

This picture doesn't do justice for how broad my back is compared to the rest of my little feeble body.
PIC-0052.jpg

PIC-0053.jpg

i haven't worked out in over a week.

boo appendix removal.

Damn that blows.

I'm crash dieting before the good weather. I hate it.

That sucks ass, Nick. I had to lay off the gym for two months after my appendix was taken out. It was interesting to get back in, but I'll be damned if it wasn't a good thing that I was made to wait that long. Otherwise I am sure I would have busted the stitches wide open and hurt myself.

Crash dieting Slammed? :eek: How come?

i played basketball monday. got cleared for football too.

football practice tuesday and wednesday. felt good. lungs were burning though. it only hurt when i tried to extend up and catch above my head. no hits yet. just didn't get any opportunity. i'm not in a hurry to lift yet, just want to get my lungs and footwork back.

Crash dieting Slammed? :eek: How come?

Sasquatch Music Festival. Usually its real hot and I'll end up running around drunk without a shirt on. Gotta look good.

i played basketball monday. got cleared for football too.

football practice tuesday and wednesday. felt good. lungs were burning though. it only hurt when i tried to extend up and catch above my head. no hits yet. just didn't get any opportunity. i'm not in a hurry to lift yet, just want to get my lungs and footwork back.

No shit?!?!? Already?!?!? Wow. That's just freakin' amazing. I remember that after my appendectomy I could barely stand up straight. I did exactly what the doctor recommended for a speedy recovery and walked as often as I could. I was rarely in bed, though it hurt like a bitch to stand up.

I'm really shocked to see you going at it like that, Nick. I mean shit, that's awesome, I just hope you don't hurt yourself. I hope you have a better recovery than I did, which seems like you are very much on your way to.

Right on, Im diggin' this thread! I think that there should be more pics of the guys showing off their "hard work" though! ;)

Well.... the boyfriend bought me a gym membership and a new iPod for my birthday... Ive missed the gym and havent worked out religiously in almost a year. Im stoked... Im not doing as bad as I thought that I would. Been in there I think a little less than 2 weeks.

My goal is to slim down and tone up.

Im still trying to get down a good solid work out regiment. Im going 5-6 days a week and taking vitamins daily.

Daily I hit cardio...
I started out running 15min and Im already at 30-45min (alternating times with days)
I also do the abs/ crunches.
After I do cardio/abs alternating days I will play 30min of ball

Alternate days I will do: 3 reps of 10
Arms: Emphasizing mainly on back of the arms and toning them up using free weights mainly.
Chest: Not doing a whole lot and doing a light weight amount (not trying to lose the chesticles) aiming for the little part between your bewbs and armpits
Back: mainly the machines to keep clear of back tits lol
Legs: Of course to tone...hitting all muscles.
Shoulder: Do but not too extense...
(Im sure that theres something that Im leaving out cause Im side tracked at the moment but will come back later to edit.
Other than that swim 1-2 days a week for about an hour
and ever day or 2 hit the dry sauna after workout for 10-15 min.

Im pretty stoked and dedicated and I cant wait to see results! ^_^

No shit?!?!? Already?!?!? Wow. That's just freakin' amazing. I remember that after my appendectomy I could barely stand up straight. I did exactly what the doctor recommended for a speedy recovery and walked as often as I could. I was rarely in bed, though it hurt like a bitch to stand up.

I'm really shocked to see you going at it like that, Nick. I mean shit, that's awesome, I just hope you don't hurt yourself. I hope you have a better recovery than I did, which seems like you are very much on your way to.
yeah, it's pretty hard. i tried doing abs yesterday. it's a no go. so it's going to be cardio only for a while.

i keep forgetting it's only been 2 weeks. i keep thinking i'm superman and i'm quickly reminded i'm not.

Right on, Im diggin' this thread! I think that there should be more pics of the guys showing off their "hard work" though! ;)

Well.... the boyfriend bought me a gym membership and a new iPod for my birthday... Ive missed the gym and havent worked out religiously in almost a year. Im stoked... Im not doing as bad as I thought that I would. Been in there I think a little less than 2 weeks.

My goal is to slim down and tone up.

Im still trying to get down a good solid work out regiment. Im going 5-6 days a week and taking vitamins daily.

Daily I hit cardio...
I started out running 15min and Im already at 30-45min (alternating times with days)
I also do the abs/ crunches.
After I do cardio/abs alternating days I will play 30min of ball

Alternate days I will do: 3 reps of 10
Arms: Emphasizing mainly on back of the arms and toning them up using free weights mainly.
Chest: Not doing a whole lot and doing a light weight amount (not trying to lose the chesticles) aiming for the little part between your bewbs and armpits
Back: mainly the machines to keep clear of back tits lol
Legs: Of course to tone...hitting all muscles.
Shoulder: Do but not too extense...
(Im sure that theres something that Im leaving out cause Im side tracked at the moment but will come back later to edit.
Other than that swim 1-2 days a week for about an hour
and ever day or 2 hit the dry sauna after workout for 10-15 min.

Im pretty stoked and dedicated and I cant wait to see results! ^_^

That's really sweet, Tein. You seem very determined, therefore, guess what? You WILL achieve your goals. :D I have faith in you.

I would suggest to you that you up your reps by at least two and do twelve instead of ten, but heck, any little bit helps. I usually do higher reps lower weights in order to tone, though as of late, my weight has been increasing (God only knows how) and the toning right along side. haha It's been nice to accomplish all of this as of late.

We'll have to work on getting more of the guys to post their "hard work" more often. haha I never figured this to be a "post your results" kind of thread, but more of a "talking about working out and helping/inspiring others" kind of thread.

Last but not least, as long as you are willing to work hard, which you are, you will get results. Just do not forget about your eating. That is very important.

yeah, it's pretty hard. i tried doing abs yesterday. it's a no go. so it's going to be cardio only for a while.

i keep forgetting it's only been 2 weeks. i keep thinking i'm superman and i'm quickly reminded i'm not.

Wow....yes, I would DEFINITELY take it easy for a while on the abs. I'm telling you, two months went by before I was allowed to get back in the gym and abs took another two weeks to slowly work back into my routine.

Superman just ran into his own brand of Kryptonite. In this case, it's an appendectomy. :D

Have any of you guys, besides Nick, just had an utterly shitty ass work out lately? Fuck! I went to the gym today thinking I was going to do well and I'll be Michael Jackson's step daddy if it sucked more than him on a minor.

I freakin' did three whole chest and back exercises, no cardio, nothing else and felt like I was ready to drop. What the fuck?!?!?

I really hate days like that.

I didn't even go today. marsha went without me. football has been my cardio lately. take some caffeine pills before you go in next time. that shit will get you bouncing off the walls.

I take Recreate by USP Labs. It's really good stuff and gives you good energy and focus. For some reason I just didn't have it in me today. I don't know why. I felt like I was distracted, not focused and lacked energy.

How are you feeling nowadays and how have your workouts been progressing?

my workouts have been shit. i haven't lifted weights in a month. since about 2 days before surgery. it's all been cardio. and not a whole lot at that. i'll hit the gym tomorrow and let you know what happens. if i have a shitty day at work, it kills me. i get really unmotivated.

I really feel you man. Like I said, it took me two months before I was able to get back into the gym. Work has made gym time very interesting, that and a fluctuating schedule in my first job that has me working two days, off two days, working two days, off one, while the second job is steady Tuesday through Saturday. It's taken it's toll lately.

Take your time, Nick. I KNOW it's going to be frustrating as shit when you first get back into it. Work yourself back in slowly, since you have decided to get back into it now.

I dig ditches about 5-6 hours a day and its killing my ability to build and maintain lean muscle. :(

I had a shit workout about a week ago. Got to the gym, sat down to start stretching out to run and just felt like hell. I ran for about 45 min, puked in the gym bathroom, then went home.

Had the flu. Workout from hell I'll tell ya. Try jogging sometime REALLY hungover, and that might give you some idea of the discomfort lol.

Anyone here ever tried any of the Cell Mass products from BSN? Im looking to build a little more muscle and was wondering if thats the right thing to start taking besides my daily protein.

I tried Cell Mass quite a while ago. It didn't exactly taste great and it did bloat me quite a bit. Kre-Alkalyn is a good, none bloating creatine IMO. I'd recommend VPX's CEX, as it is also a good, none bloating creatine, but I would rather drink toxic waste as I am sure it would taste better.

Haha, thanks for the laugh, Luis. I'm trying to find something that doesn't resemble the taste of toxic waste. Though it may be wierd, it makes me dread going to the gym because I know I have to take some nasty tasting supplement before I go.

Also, having a gurgling feeling in my stomach when I work out isn't exactly ideal.

I guess I'll just give a few different products a try, and see which I like best.

Kre-Alkalyn comes in pill form and doesn't taste like a dogs ass, so you're all right there. :D Glad you got a laugh out of it. :D:D:D

the important thing about diabetes is that it is scary as hell to think about, but being diagnosed with it isn't really the absolutely WORST thing that could happen. If you eat/excercise right, and take you insciline it generally stays under control. Think about it.. i'd personally reather get diagnosed with diabetes than pancreatic cancer if i absolutely had to choose one, you know?

Back