Low Comp HeadGasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

<_< how well will lowering the compression on a b16a to 9.01 using a headgasket be, is it possible to use 2 original headgaskets to get the compression into 9's and use some ARP headbolts.
My aim is around 300-350 whp using my t3/t4e .60 trim using hondata. Anybody currently doing this?any advise
thanks

the only thing lowering your compression is going to do is going to make you need to run more boost to make the same power.
]if you want to be safer, yuo need fuel and fuel management and dyno time.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 22 2004, 04:29 PM
the only thing lowering your compression is going to do is going to make you need to run more boost to make the same power.
]if you want to be safer, yuo need fuel and fuel management and dyno time.
[post=393460]Quoted post[/post]​

yup i understand what u sayin but to get to my goal of 300-350 whp ill need some good tuning as u say but ill need to match that with boost (from my understanding ill need at least 14psi+ to get me to my goal)
on standard high comp ill be risking even 10 psi with good tuning.

so would it be decent to lower the compression using thicker headgasket and that way i save quite a bit on the SHORT RUN and i can pay more attention to tuning(hoping to piston/rod/sleeve next summer)

anybody using a thicker headgasket to lower the comression if so which one and hows the car been running ;)

I'm using a Cometic head gasket. I forget exactly how think but it's alittle less than 2mm's. Car hasn't been running for the past 8 months but when it was running it ran fine. I drove it with the headgasket on before the turbo kit was on and you could really feel the difference, not as responsive as it was before the thicker head gasket.

nice have u ran it yet with the turbo on? :)

thanks for the reply any more feedback on this method

Yeah my car drove fine for the 2 months before I parked it and started the rebuild on it. Now the rebuild is over, the car starts and is in desperate need of tuning which should be done sometime this or next week.

Use C-speedracing's compression calculator and find out.

yup i used the c-speedracing comp calc and i think ill need a gasket around 0.1" thick, which is like 3 times thickness of stock gasket could i just use 3 stock gaskets on top of each other?? :p

you can, but its a horrible idea.

they should be rivited together at the very least. if one slips, that could be very bad for your motor.

anyone know where i can buy1 from a headgasket that 0.125 thick??

Back