mall shooting in Nebraska

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99.9% of people who despise firearms have never even fired one.

Some liberal kid at college told me that firing a gun has Freudian overtones and he asked me why I loved guns so much. I promptly asked him why he loved cocks so much. End of conversation. :D

I thought free thought and pro-gun sentiment was illegal in Assachussetts ?

99.9% of people who despise firearms have never even fired one.

Some liberal kid at college told me that firing a gun has Freudian overtones and he asked me why I loved guns so much. I promptly asked him why he loved cocks so much. End of conversation. :D

Agree'd.

You know what? I have never fired a gun. I do not oppose them in any way. I just was raised without guns in my household and was never around them, and now on my own, I do not possess a valuable reason to own one. I live in a very safe society up here and I do not hunt, that is why I don't have one. Other than the "cool" factor people place on them, I don't need one.

Slammed buddy do you live over in Seatown? If so next time I am over we are gonna have to go shoot some guns buddy. I will show you the light!

Other than the "cool" factor people place on them, I don't need one.

not knocking your stance, but i'd like to say it isn't so much the 'cool' factor as the 'i'd like to know how to rack the slide as good or better than the freak that has me pegged for a target' factor.

that is all. :shrug2:

You know what? I have never fired a gun. I do not oppose them in any way. I just was raised without guns in my household and was never around them, and now on my own, I do not possess a valuable reason to own one. I live in a very safe society up here and I do not hunt, that is why I don't have one. Other than the "cool" factor people place on them, I don't need one.

And now we all know where you live, and that you don't have any lethal force in the house.

seeing that my gun is, and needs to be, concealed by law... it doesn't do much for the "cool factor" or any sort of "image"
if I'm doing my job right then no one knows i have it on me

i have it and carry it for the same reasons that i wear a seatbelt... i hope i never need it, but its nice knowing that if a situation arose where i did, its already there.

and seeing that criminals have modes of transportation now... "good area" means less and less every day... therefore i don't count on my geographical location to keep me safe any more
also with the uprise of violent activities being committed by suburban youth, who often come from these "good areas" (school shootings, mall shootings, home invasions, etc...) and often seem to have no real "target" and only want to leave their "mark" on socioty... i feel a lot more comfortable having a means of defending myself against some disillusioned jackass who decides the "mark" he wants to leave is shooting up a bunch of random people... basically in a situation like that, if I'm not the first one shot, i will be the first (or one of the first) to return fire...

:shrug2:

as always... carrying a gun is not for everyone... its not a decision to make lightly... it carries a lot of responsibility with it.... its a decision i made for myself

Your Mileage May Vary

See I agree with that.

But in my community I don't feel there is a need for me to arm myself.

Ya in my home community i'd be fine without any protection at all. It's nice here.

Yeah. Definitely understand what you're saying celerity, but I'm not sure if I agree with it.

And to getnick? Remember the dude that shot up your mall two christmas times ago? Yeah. I'd carry if I lived where you do. In a heartbeat. My buddy got robbed at gun point and pistol whipped by a 14 year old in tacoma.

Yeah. Definitely understand what you're saying celerity, but I'm not sure if I agree with it.

And to getnick? Remember the dude that shot up your mall two christmas times ago? Yeah. I'd carry if I lived where you do. In a heartbeat. My buddy got robbed at gun point and pistol whipped by a 14 year old in tacoma.
see, thats exactly the point
you never know when or where its gonna happen
most of these incidents shock people that live there because its unheard of

Back