mall shooting in Nebraska

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yep. But in some areas vs. others there is a much higher chance of something happening directly to you than in other areas. I believe they call it crime rate ?

I don't live in fear and right now, I don't need a weapon.

Someone recently.... I can't remember who.

He was reported on, IN THE NEWS, that "..police seized several rifles and pistols" from the house of a man under investigation.

He had to have friends come over and stay with him, keeping watch, because the news just told EVERY CRIMINAL IN DRIVING DISTANCE that his house was open game.

It's bullshit. Imagine being in post-katrina New Orleans when the police went door to door confiscating weapons... You knew, without a doubt, KNEW that your neighbors had no chance of defending against you, a baseball bat and a shadow.

The solution: Make it free and voluntary for every woman over the age of 14 to carry a concealed, no-limitations handgun (Like a desert eagle), and make it available to any male over the age of 18 to do the same.

No paperwork. Even if NO ONE actually signs up for the program, as long as people keep their goddam mouths shut, they won't have to worry about random attacks from anyone. Rape will drop to -> 0 <-. Mall shootings will be a thing of the past.

i might be a little off but if i was going on a suicidal mission of mall shooting i would actually prefer a little adventure/competition

make a sport out of it if you're just gonna die anyway

imho i think gun safety should be a required class in the K-12 US education system, and that target shooting should be a highschool elective. we have the damn right to bear arms, but we're just mostly idjuts when it comes to protecting ourselves and those around us. there are two reasons the european settlers survived settling this continent:

a) they brought a shit ton of disease with that the natives had no immune system answers to and
b) they knew how to handle a damn weapon and weren't afraid to defend what they considered 'home'

so the invasion now is bored youth, drug addicts, and the morally challenged. annie, getcher gun -- because the common cold isn't your ally anymore.

i have it and carry it for the same reasons that i wear a seatbelt... i hope i never need it, but its nice knowing that if a situation arose where i did, its already there....

as always... carrying a gun is not for everyone... its not a decision to make lightly... it carries a lot of responsibility with it.... its a decision i made for myself

E, you are correct sir.

Carrying a firearm brings with it certain decisions that need to be made. If you plan on going to a bar, or a party - plan on putting your gun in a strongbox (in a car for example), or just leaving it at home. But 95% when I go out with friends to a mall, or a movie, or out to eat, I'm packing. But no one knows. The only person I openly communicate with about the weapon actually carries himself and is also a police officer.
But you never know where something might happen. It doesn't always have to be in a "bad" area. These days, you don't know where some random gunman might open up. I often feel nervous inside banks, or around law enforcement - but I guess it's just me being new to carrying.

But it is my right, and I think if more people carried concealed that a lot of crimes would be prevented. There is nothing reckless, dangerous- or even malicious about carrying a weapon legally with proper training.

The people who screw it up and give it a bad name are the douchebags who carry everywhere and constantly remind everyone that they are carrying a weapon. That is quite possibly the WORST thing you can do, and it endangers people around you and it endangers yourself. If everyone always knows that this guy is packing, then all he needs to do is get jumped from behind, and bam - someone else has his gun.

What a lot of people have forgot over time is respect for the gun. It is not a toy, it's not even something to joke around about carrying.

Sometime in the spring we should have a HS NE shoot-n-bbq. :D

Back