Man dies after online game marathon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just more ammo for the fundamentalist christians and dumb woman for their battle against fun. If you are gonna die, be it car crash from wicked 50 style car race, skydiving and parachutes are actually the remains of your lunch and textbooks from college, eatting the fattest fillet while drinking a hand crafted ale, or yes playing games till you die. Its a matter of personal choice. That being said...

Koreans are the damn craziest gamers out there, but hell gotta love it.

if its about the korean guy who went on like a 3 day binge at a cybercafe thats almost a year old :p

I used to play evercrack (everquest) alot.. I've done the 50 hour binges. Over and over and over.. It wasn't the gaming/exhaustion that killed him.. He had to have a pre-existing condition.

Oh, and yeah, I gave up the evercrack addiction.

Damn. Im gonna have to show that to my buddy, he still plays the Evercrack. I use to be into that game to but longest i played was 3-4 hours.

Good thing I never took to those games. I could NEVER just sit and stare at a computer screen for more than maybe 2 hours. It just gets to me after a while.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 10 2005, 06:44 PM
Good thing I never took to those games. I could NEVER just sit and stare at a computer screen for more than maybe 2 hours. It just gets to me after a while.
[post=538543]Quoted post[/post]​

i cant do anything for more than an hour and a half. my concentration sucks.

It may be dated that, but it's old news. I think CNN's behind.

ya I heard about that on the radio today....I play starcraft and warcraft but I don't think I could play it that long lol....I could play my socom 2 and GT4 that long though LOL...GT4 GT4 GT4 lol..

ive stayed online in mmo's for 3 days at a time, at one point a roomate and i shared a comp and we both played. we rotated on 12 hours shifts. 1 slept/ate/did whatever while the other played and we rotated for days at a time.

Final Fantasy XI does that to me...I get pissed off at 6 hour maintenance, I about shit a brick when it was down for over a day...It gave me time to stock up on vodka and jager, tho. My room is actually rather hot from my overclocked video card running the game 12-14 hours at a time, even while I'm at work.

I think my longest straight binge was 52 hours.. Then I went to work for 8 hours and got back after it all night untill the next morning, went back to work.. blah blah.. That went on for a week.

I ate while playing, I only stopped for work and to go to the bathroom...

Then I unplugged and realized that my marriage was going to hell, I felt like shit. There is a command, I think its /played. It tells you exactly, in real world time, down to the last second how long you have played a certain charactor. The timer starts when you log the char on, and stops when you log off. 65 days of my life.. gone. Irreplaceable.

So I decided.. screw EQ.

Back