Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you want my old bent wheel set still? 1 front is popped, the other is bent, the rears are ok

yeah i could take them off your hands if you want them out of the way.

Cabin getaway this weekend
IMG_20170416_065439_320.jpg

There's not much to report on the GTR lately; I've been driving and enjoying the car when we go out or I don't feel like driving the WRX. The gf and I are getting settled here in Dallas and just bought her a '13 Acura ILX with 40k on it. It'll make a nice commuter for her :)

There's not much to report on the GTR lately; I've been driving and enjoying the car when we go out or I don't feel like driving the WRX. The gf and I are getting settled here in Dallas and just bought her a '13 Acura ILX with 40k on it. It'll make a nice commuter for her :)

Dallas isn't too bad. Texas isn't my favorite place in the country, but Texas does have some perks. Like, less liberal shit that we put up with here in Seattle.

Dallas isn't too bad. Texas isn't my favorite place in the country, but Texas does have some perks. Like, less liberal shit that we put up with here in Seattle.

Agreed. That being said, if I could find a job in my industry in Seattle and/or the cost of living was slightly less, I'd move there in a heartbeat.

Picked up an 07 Tacoma PreRunner about a week ago. ~180k on it, red, clean, one owner, paid cash for it. I have wanted something with space for a while and decided now is the time to figure out if I like trucks. Y'know, since I'm in Texas and all..

Picked up an 07 Tacoma PreRunner about a week ago. ~180k on it, red, clean, one owner, paid cash for it. I have wanted something with space for a while and decided now is the time to figure out if I like trucks. Y'know, since I'm in Texas and all..

Shit, I totally forgot. I went to Austin a few months ago to get my 2017 Tacoma Limited.

Shit, I totally forgot. I went to Austin a few months ago to get my 2017 Tacoma Limited.
I moved to Dallas at the beginning of July so I don't think I would've been down here at the time.
Soon
you have too much stuff.
I know lol the bike is going to go. I will get another at some point, but it has hardly seen any use since I bought the GTR.

Just did transmission fluid and differential (again, I think this is the 3rd change) on the GTR. I went with Dodson DCTF and Motul diff oil, what a difference it makes in shifting! It gets an engine oil change this weekend. After that it's time to hunt for a set of new track tires; I'm thinking Toyo R888R in 285 at all four corners. The Bridgestone RE71R is softer and offers more grip but I cannot drive well enough to justify anything grippier than the R888Rs. Oh, and forgot to mention I went FBO with the WRX a while back, made 308whp 332wtq on 93 octane.

Just did transmission fluid and differential (again, I think this is the 3rd change) on the GTR. I went with Dodson DCTF and Motul diff oil, what a difference it makes in shifting! It gets an engine oil change this weekend. After that it's time to hunt for a set of new track tires; I'm thinking Toyo R888R in 285 at all four corners. The Bridgestone RE71R is softer and offers more grip but I cannot drive well enough to justify anything grippier than the R888Rs. Oh, and forgot to mention I went FBO with the WRX a while back, made 308whp 332wtq on 93 octane.

i wish i had space for all the toys that i want. i'll live vicariously through you. lol

i wish i had space for all the toys that i want. i'll live vicariously through you. lol

Brian is right, though.. I have too much stuff. I'm hoping to be down to just the truck and the GTR by this time next year. Then it's time to prepare to buy a house.

Back