Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah I'm only doing the hood for now. When I get around to hooking up 220 then welding some new metal in a few very small spots, I'll start prep for the whole car. No idea when that will be.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Yeah I'm only doing the hood for now. When I get around to hooking up 220 then welding some new metal in a few very small spots, I'll start prep for the whole car. No idea when that will be.

No problem.

Prep work on an entire car is a very time consuming process. My best piece of advice there would be to take your time with it.

You guys know this page wouldn't last too long without some pictures right? :D

Here's some pics of the cut & buff ive been working on. Started with 1200 grit, then 1500, then 2000, then 3M heavy cut compound. Thats where I'm at so far. I still have to go over the car with machine glaze, which takes out the really fine scratches and polishes to a really nice finish. I sneak peaked it on the left side of the hatch :ph34r:

Anyway, here we go:

Halfway through the cut & buff:
100_0687.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0689.jpg

100_0690.jpg

Engine is back in (not the head I'm using, just a spare one to keep dust out of the bottom end):
100_0691.jpg

100_0692.jpg

WOW what a piece of AWESOME engineering! Where do I put my downpipe?
100_0693.jpg

This spot is finished. Cut, and buffed with the high cut compound and the machine glaze.

100_0694.jpg

Epic flake!
100_0695.jpg

100_0696.jpg

This is JUST high cut compound here, still need to go over it again then hit it with the machine glaze:
100_0697.jpg

100_0698.jpg

Remember that one spot with all the orange peel? Here's that same spot
100_0699.jpg

Making some good progress! Woot woot

jesus titty fucking christ that's fucking beautiful! I'd be happy where it stands now! but then again if you saw my car you'd understand........

jesus titty fucking christ that's fucking beautiful! I'd be happy where it stands now! but then again if you saw my car you'd understand........

Thanks man.. I'm difficult to please when it comes to things on my car, you should have heard me ranting about the engine bay last night while putting the mounts in.. lol

That thing just keeps looking better and better. I can't wait to see if finished. Ever thought about getting some of that 3m clear protective covering for the front of the car?

That thing just keeps looking better and better. I can't wait to see if finished. Ever thought about getting some of that 3m clear protective covering for the front of the car?
Thanks man, and yes I have. My dad has it on the front of his Accord. I think I am going to have some put on after I get it going. Its quite expensive, but seems worth it.
damn son... that shit came out gereat
Thanks bro!
Mirror fucking finish, and it's going to get better? ..^_^ nice.
Lol well thats the plan, the rest of the car (besides the hatch) is still in the first stages of buffing. 2000 grit sanding will do that for ya :)

Thanks for the comments guys. More updates tomorrow!

Looks like my advice on the compounds worked out nicely for you. Looks good.

Oh I hadn't read your post yet lol.. I talked to a guy here in town and he gave me the exact same advice. But great advice nonetheless :thumbsup:

Tonight should be a pretty good night.. Im going to go get my headgasket and new valvecover gasket as well as a new oil pan gasket and timing belt, and some new cam seals. I plan on getting it pretty much assembled by the end of tonight. If I run into any sort of problems there, I'll just finish the cut & buff.

its getting closer and closer by the day. I can't wait to see this thing run. good luck man.

damn..its just getting better and better..hard works pays off,and i like it..cant wait to see it all back together

Thanks guys, got the head & valvetrain on with new cams & springs & retainers.

Looking for a new turbo mani right now, so we'll see what I can find

Small update here..

Head is assembled. All new parts installed (and yes thats a single cam gear.. interesting story behind that.. figured I'd put it on the intake side since thats really the only one I'll have to mess with). And the valvecover will be getting painted soon, havent decided on a scheme yet.. Pics:
100_0700.jpg

100_0701.jpg

100_0702.jpg

Some more buffing done on the passenger side. I'm going to go back and wetsand this door one more time.
100_0703.jpg

100_0704.jpg

Roof:
100_0705.jpg

More updates tomorrow if I am not too tired from work.

Yea. You can tell by the valve cover, lack of a VTEC solenoid, and when the cover is off, you see the camshaft holders. On a VTEC head they are one plate for each camshaft.
lol wow..im pretty fuckin dumb huh..i didnt pay much attention...

I've been staring at one all week waiting for my Cam holder bolts to come in. Luckily they did and the Slush is running again.

I've been staring at one all week waiting for my Cam holder bolts to come in. Luckily they did and the Slush is running again.

Shoulda PMed me..
I got a whole spare LS head now lol, well actually two, one complete and one lacking the actual head (meaning I have all the valvetrain) and pretty much two spare LS motors :ph34r:

Back