Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Got the wire tuck going today. Made some decent progress, everything is laid out how I want it to sit except the driver's side headlight harness.. that needs some work.

what do you call the sprayer used for painting a car? lol im retarded btw

i cant figure out what to search for ... tried all kinds of stuff .. what brand is the one you use?

the ek is looking mighty fine with that ls in her! ;)

i wont believe you until i see pix:p
Oh I'll get some pics comin, I haven't had time lately lol
what do you call the sprayer used for painting a car? lol im retarded btw

i cant figure out what to search for ... tried all kinds of stuff .. what brand is the one you use?

the ek is looking mighty fine with that ls in her! ;)
My dad and I used an HVLP. High Velocity Low Pressure. We bought a gun from KC Auto paint, the brand is RAZR. Its really nice. Excellent atomization, which is what you want for good coverage.
Look for a HPLV gun. Though I don't know what is better, gravity feed or otherwise.
Gravity feed is typically what is used. I think the other forms are more for industrial stuff.

Look for a HPLV gun. Though I don't know what is better, gravity feed or otherwise.
ok kool i did some research last night but the sites i looked at didnt say whether HPLV or LPLV would be better.. but i'll see if i can find some on Ebay lol
thanks ... btw matt- sorry to threadjack :D

BTW, this is the new mani:
PeakBoost FTW Ramhorn

Its going to be here in 2 weeks or so, getting coated.
that's a good lookin mani' what kinda coating you gettin? ceramic or whatnot? i saw one with a brass-ish colored coat that looked sexy as hell

Last edited:
ok kool i did some research last night but the sites i looked at didnt say whether HPLV or LPLV would be better.. but i'll see if i can find some on Ebay lol
thanks ... btw matt- sorry to threadjack :D
Np on the threadjack lol I'm here to help just like everyone else. I'm just going from experience, HVLP seems to lay down pretty nicely. I wouldn't have had any wetsanding to do on my car if I had done it in a booth.

that's a good lookin mani' what kinda coating you gettin? ceramic or whatnot? i saw one with a brass-ish colored coat that looked sexy as hell
Ceramic coating. It should be pretty ballin ;)

Haha, yeah. I don't want any of that.

An update for everyone, but sadly no pictures..
I got the harness pretty much squared away tonight. Tomorrow I need to do some soldering on the headlight harness. Thats about it. As soon as the harness goes back in, this bitch will be rollin! I need an IM gasket and an oil pressure sending unit for my gauges, and thats it!

my friend ryan has a teg gsr with a dc ex mani and its all rusty now, used to real sxy lookin but he never got it coated with anything... i told him like 3 years ago he should and he didnt

you on the other hand are a smart mofo :)

my friend ryan has a teg gsr with a dc ex mani and its all rusty now, used to real sxy lookin but he never got it coated with anything... i told him like 3 years ago he should and he didnt

you on the other hand are a smart mofo :)

Thank you sir.

My Synapse wastegate was waiting for me on the doorstep when I got home.. :ph34r:

As of right now its just going as I get parts. I am kinda doing this paycheck to paycheck so I don't have to tap into my college money.

All I really need is some wire loom (which I'll be getting today), and intake manifold gasket (friday), and some vaccum line. Thats all I can think of right now but I'm guessing I'll find more stuff as I go along. Thinking it will prolly take me another 2 weeks at this point.

damn..i wanna see it all done!!!:D
but take your time,its really paying off

Pictarrz of the new wastegate..

100_0715-1.jpg

100_0711.jpg

100_0710.jpg

100_0709.jpg

100_0707.jpg

100_0706.jpg

Yumm..
pics of wiring harness progress tonight.. PROMISE! lol

Probably 11 lbs because I'll be on a stock map sensor. 11lbs should be plenty with the turbo I chose though. I'm guessing it will make somewhere around 350 whp.

Back