Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I got the bottom end back yesterday. Also got brand new OEM front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, and the gasket for the oil pickup. I mounted my vacuum manifold yesterday, and bought some new clamps for the IC piping. I'm gonnna try and get the main seals in this week and have the oil pan on and what not, but with work in the way I might just have to wait till my next couple days off. :thumbsdown:

Bottom end is sealed up. Turns out I had the wrong valve springs in the head, got sent the wrong parts again.. woo..

Luckily BC is going to take these springs back, and give me the correct set at no additional charge..

Bottom end is sealed up. Turns out I had the wrong valve springs in the head, got sent the wrong parts again.. woo..

Luckily BC is going to take these springs back, and give me the correct set at no additional charge..
Good thing you caught that in time...again... Shit just keeps hitting you.

My god it is still on the first page.. crazy!

Anyway, the hatch is running.. and I must say it is running perfect. NO leaks whatsoever (thank you OEM gaskets/seals..) I did have one small coolant leak but that is fixed now. Me and a buddy went on a drive last night so I could get some miles on it. I have 204 miles left on the break in, then it's going to be street tuned. After that it will be strapped on the dyno, dyno tuned on the same boost setting. After that I'll start with the methanol.. and up the boost and tune for that on the dyno as well. I just thought I'd let you guys know that it is running though lol

Honestly, there's almost nothing left to do.. quite depressing lol

The tuning is all in the tuner's hands.. the methanol is in and everything I'm just not running the pump right now.. :p

dude, i seriously cant wait to see some final hp and tq numbers on this

i might even make a trip to come see this car, i mean this is one of the most epic build threads i have followed so far, and now it's finaaly coming to the destination! so fucking cool man

If you do decide to paint it, use ONE LIGHT coat of flat black. the more paint, the more thermal conductivity you lose. If you get a few chips, it takes 2 seconds to touch up.

Powdercoating, you may as well cover it with a piece of cardboard. Bad idea.

errr.... annodizing FTW?keeps color longer and eliminates temp issues.

IMAG0073.jpg
Holy shit man. Is that the IC peeking out from under the bumper cover???

Time for a lip! :D

pretty sick..cant wait to see it all tuned
Me either, today is going to be 10psi street tune provided the weather is decent and what not.
True, I don't know why you're depressed, you get to enjoy it now.
This is true, but I love working on the car as much as I love driving it.. I guess that's just me lol
dude, i seriously cant wait to see some final hp and tq numbers on this

i might even make a trip to come see this car, i mean this is one of the most epic build threads i have followed so far, and now it's finaaly coming to the destination! so fucking cool man
That'd be sick, I got a few other buddies in town with nice setups so maybe we could all get together or something.. I know we are taking a trip to Vegas in September :ph34r:
Holy shit man. Is that the IC peeking out from under the bumper cover???

Time for a lip! :D
Haha yeah that is.. and I cut even more out of the bumper than seen in that picture. It was hiding too much of the intercooler for my liking..I want to get as much out of it as possible.
Anodizing is a pain in the ass for an intercooler.
Word, I would think the fins and what not would cause a lot of problems.

BTW just so everyone knows, I bought an OEM rear bumper off of a wrecked 98 hatch (mine was non OEM, spaldings replacement special) and I'm also going to buy either an OEM front bumper or this...
ej9di3.jpg

I personally LOVE that bumper. Lots of room for an intercooler and I think it has some cool styling. The only problem is that it would most likely still require cutting, so I'll most likely just pick up a used OEM one, cut it to fit, and paint it.

I love em. They're a great introductory level coilover.

BTW just so everyone knows.. I am now tuned on ~10 psi.. and its an animal :p

Well Hondaswap, I hate to say it.. but my run with this Civic might be over. The crank pulley keyway has somehow wedged through part of the keyway on the crankshaft, basically destroying my crank. Sweet.

Well Hondaswap, I hate to say it.. but my run with this Civic might be over. The crank pulley keyway has somehow wedged through part of the keyway on the crankshaft, basically destroying my crank. Sweet.

You've had nothing but bad luck with this car since you got it running. I guess it doesn't matter now, but that bumper is the airwalker/backyard special bumper.

You've had nothing but bad luck with this car since you got it running. I guess it doesn't matter now, but that bumper is the airwalker/backyard special bumper.

It has been nothing but one thing after another. I have no idea what to do now.

The crank keyway basically sheared in two, but drug a piece of it across the crank. I'm not sure if I was given the right part from Honda, but I do know that it WAS installed correctly. No doubt about that. I'm going to do some research. And also going to the dealership tomorrow to discuss this with them, because it was a BRAND NEW keyway, not even a month old.

Back