Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I get the transmission back today I think. It should have fresh 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th gear synchros in it and of course the new LSD installed. I relocated the fusebox to the glovebox yesterday, and hid some more wires. I'm working on getting the new OEM bumpers sanded down and fitted, so there should be some paint going down shortly.

The bumpers are going to remain OEM. The front still has the grille in it. I'll be welding on my new muffler here pretty quick, and taking the fat fives back to the OEM finish so that I can avoid any unneeded attention. Started working on cleaning up the rear disc setup as well. I'll hopefully be installing that along with new rotors and pads all the way around.

It's going to be a looong winter.. lol

Sweet deal! You gotta have somethin do in that cold ass weather you guys are having over there lol.

Sweet deal! You gotta have somethin do in that cold ass weather you guys are having over there lol.
Yeah, thank god for heated shops! It hasn't been too bad lately though, 30's and raining for the most part.
So are you keeping the civic then?
For right now, yes. Not too sure what the future will hold.
still sick build lol
love reading it
Thanks mang :thumbsup: there will be more to come I can assure you that.

I'm keeping the car as of right now, I've come too far to just sell it.

The Accord is not so safe though, I might be getting rid of that in favor of a nicer DD.

Transmission shop needs to hurry up with my tranny, I should've just done it myself :shrug2:

It'll be back up and driving as soon as I get it though, the winter here has been extremely moderate which means I'll be driving the hatch as long as it stays this way :D

Haha, what's the weather like over there Matt? I haven't been paying much attention to the any of the weather reports. I know its been mild here as well. It was actually sunny today, I was even considering washing my car.

It's incredibly mild. We haven't had a snow that stuck over 5". And even then it was only here for a day or so before it was completely slush.

People still couldn't figure out how to drive. I saw a lady in a new-ish Corolla go sailing off of HWY 2 @ ~55 MPH. Of course everyone in front of me slammed on their brakes, the intelligent thing to do on an icy highway!

They didn't really give me an ETA, no.

I'm headed up to the shop today to pick it up. I'm kinda pissed about the cost though, $840 to install the diff, replace the 3rd gear synchro, 3-4th gear slide, and a couple seals and gaskets apparently?? Hmm.

Can you ask them how much would it have been to install just the diff? I'm going to get a limited slip put into the fit, but I don't have a baseline for this kind of think in US prices.

Can you ask them how much would it have been to install just the diff? I'm going to get a limited slip put into the fit, but I don't have a baseline for this kind of think in US prices.

It was 480 just to install the differential, and that was with the transmission out of the car of course.

Anyway, the transmission is back so I'll be putting that back in this weekend. Got to paint the new OEM bumpers and get those on, then I'll be ready to put the muffler and cat back on, hopefully it passes emissions. :squint:

Considering there's no cat OR muffler at the moment, I don't think so. Also, the car is running an obd1 ECU, which probably isnt going to help.

OBD-1 ecu on a OBD-2 car?!?!?! that shit isnt gonna pass!

your gonna need a obd-2 ecu and at least a cat! maybe if you suck some pen fifteen you could get away without the muffler...

isn't it illegal or frowned upon to downgrade obd's?

Back