Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its frowned upon at least

but if they just plug my car in to check for codes like they normally do, it'll pass considering theere's no CEL's (disabled in CROME). There isn't even an o2 sensor plugged in on the car ^_^

I can tell you for a fact that the OBD-II debug port won't work on an OBD-I ecu. It'll have a connect error, and they'll fail you.

You can wire up an OBD-II ecu to the inputs, and use resistors on the outputs, essentially making a dummy-ecu; just to pass emissions. You'll have to do quite a bit of work though, be warned. It's not a project for the light hearted.

OBD-1 ecu on a OBD-2 car?!?!?! that shit isnt gonna pass!

your gonna need a obd-2 ecu and at least a cat! maybe if you suck some pen fifteen you could get away without the muffler...

isn't it illegal or frowned upon to downgrade obd's?

In most states it's not illegal to downgrade, but it's very difficult to pass, because after 95 you're car has to report certain information that obd1 ECUs cant report.

So, yeah, that's a fail.

In Cali it's outright illegal to downgrade OBDs.

For emissions in TX you generally pay the same guy 100 bucks every year to put his corolla on the tester.

the solution here will probably be a $150 waiver since i dont feel comfortable registering the car in another location just to bypass emissions

im not going to take a bunch of shit apart just to pass, it simply is not worth it for me

anyway, the transmission is back in the car and ill have it running again shortly. im really holding out for some decent, dry weather.

i will, and here's a pic of the new DD!

IMG_0132.jpg

im going to pull all of my sound system crap out of the green accord and transfer it to this one. i have a few mild plans for this car too, just to make it look a little unique.

It looks good Matt :thumbsup:

What do you have planned for it? It'd look nice with a little drop. The rims that are on it look decent... at least in the small pic I can see on my cellphone. What kind of mpg are you getting out of it? How much are you paying a month for insurance on it? Just curious.

Oh and I'm sure its been mentioned previously, but whatever happened to that ticket of yours?

It looks good Matt :thumbsup:

What do you have planned for it? It'd look nice with a little drop. The rims that are on it look decent... at least in the small pic I can see on my cellphone. What kind of mpg are you getting out of it? How much are you paying a month for insurance on it? Just curious.

Oh and I'm sure its been mentioned previously, but whatever happened to that ticket of yours?

I want to drop it a bit mainly. I would also like to put some projected HID's and a set of foglights on the car (considering I will be driving this in almost any weather besides sunny), the wheels are American Racing. Cheap I suppose, but they will do the trick for now.
It gets ~20mpg in the city and 24-26 on the freeway. Ive put almost 200 miles on the car and ive only had it for a little over a day ^_^
My family pays ~$220 a month for insurance on five cars including my accord and civic, my sisters civic, my dads accord, and my moms f150. That's full coverage on all of them. I'm sure that I account for almost all of that though, haha. I'll ask my dad more specifically on what we pay per month on the Accord.

If you want to go with hid's check out v-leds.com. They are a local companey here in washington and they have all kinds of led and hid lighting. I have been using there products now for about a year now and have no complaints. The car is looking good. In the spring when I start running hwy 20 again I would love to swing through spokane and check it out in person. keep up the awesome build man.

If you want to go with hid's check out v-leds.com. They are a local companey here in washington and they have all kinds of led and hid lighting. I have been using there products now for about a year now and have no complaints. The car is looking good. In the spring when I start running hwy 20 again I would love to swing through spokane and check it out in person. keep up the awesome build man.
thanks for the link, ill check em out
itd be nice to get them from somewhere local so if i have problems i can actually talk to someone in person

you definitely should come through spokane sometime and check it out, ill be driving the civic in early spring when the weather clears up

Nice, I will do that for sure. Another thing that may be worth considering is some high output leds for your tail and brake lights. I just installed some last night in my friends sv650 and they are awesome.

Nice, I will do that for sure. Another thing that may be worth considering is some high output leds for your tail and brake lights. I just installed some last night in my friends sv650 and they are awesome.
im going to do leds in the cluster of my civic and my accord. i hate how dim the clusters are. as for the tail lights i just might do that. first on the list for the accord is some amber corners (the ones on the car leak a little moisture)
The 2003+ sv650 has LED brakelights already.
baller! did you ever put up any more pics of your bike? i think i only saw the very first one you posted

Matt, Don't put projector HIDs in. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just bought brand new OEM headlight assemblies, some 80/95W bulbs, and some auxiliary lights mounted on a light-bar. Projected HIDs when retrofitted aren't worth it.

Matt, Don't put projector HIDs in. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just bought brand new OEM headlight assemblies, some 80/95W bulbs, and some auxiliary lights mounted on a light-bar. Projected HIDs when retrofitted aren't worth it.
the bike looks awesome, how long have you had that again?

what makes you recommend against projected hids?

Projector HIDs are a pain to install, and they're really cool, until you find a good set of halogen headlamps. My civic has a bulb that's going, and it costs $100 for a new bulb, not cool. The headlamps on my sv650 are better than my civic with infinity FX35 projectors. My fit's headlamps fit in-between the sv and the civic, but they are better than my brother's 03 civic. All said and done, I probably spent $800 on my retrofit, just on parts.

sv>fx35 projectors>fit>brother's civic>my civic>match in coffee can

The only real advantage is that you can aim the cutoff higher, but with american headlights, there's no way to adjust the height from inside the car, so that sucks.

New headlamp assemblies, brand new 80/95W bulbs, rewire the headlamp harness with decent wire, and you'll have a lighting system that's better than stock, and maybe better than HID projectors.

I've had the bike since about October I think? Dunno. I think I've put like 1500 miles on it.

i never even knew you could adjust the headlights from inside any car. thats fcking sweet. should be standard in every car

anyway, some better pics of the new DD:
this of course is after a good wash, buff, and wax.
100_1576.jpg

100_1575.jpg

100_1574.jpg

100_1577.jpg

Back