Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You need to hurry and finish your car so you paint mine. :D

Bondo + urethane = fail. It flexes differently.. That is going to crack the first time it gets jarred..

Better to just order new parts.

holy crap! pictures!
i know! amazing right?
You need to hurry and finish your car so you paint mine. :D
haha, it is finished, just adding finishing touches to get it to fit right.
Bondo + urethane = fail. It flexes differently.. That is going to crack the first time it gets jarred..

Better to just order new parts.
been there, tried that. cant get an oem replacement bumper to fit worth a damn. and I sure as hell am not going to pay $250 for a brand new one from honda.
im into this set of bumpers for $45.
also, im not using regular bondo. i went to kc auto and told them i was doing a set of bumpers and needed something flexble to fill them (if it existed) guy handed me a tube and said try this stuff. half time is what its called i believe. but it seems exactly like bondo :shrug2:

x2 and the bumpers are super cheap i got a brand new one when i hit the deer for 30 bucks and fits perfect

your definition of perfect and my definition of perfect are more than likely two different things haha

Well im super ocd. So if the body does'nt line up like its from the factory then I would'nt consider it perfect. So unless your slack on how it lines up then i would say they are the same definition.

different bumpers as well. i got mine from the junk yard. they offer new aftermarket oem mockery bullshit.

anyway, still struggling with registration on the car. unsure whether or not i should get a po box, or just register it at a friends address in deer park. the only problem is,my name will finally be going onto the title. so a new title will have to be mailed out, and i definitely dont want it going out to deer park. any way to avoid this?

i know! amazing right?

haha, it is finished, just adding finishing touches to get it to fit right.

been there, tried that. cant get an oem replacement bumper to fit worth a damn. and I sure as hell am not going to pay $250 for a brand new one from honda.
im into this set of bumpers for $45.
also, im not using regular bondo. i went to kc auto and told them i was doing a set of bumpers and needed something flexble to fill them (if it existed) guy handed me a tube and said try this stuff. half time is what its called i believe. but it seems exactly like bondo :shrug2:

your definition of perfect and my definition of perfect are more than likely two different things haha

Half time is a polyester filler. Polyesters are fine on plastic bumpers for small scrapes and scratches. Everyone I know including myself use it on bumpers with no problems.

How well do you trust your friend?

thats the thing. i dont know him all that well. he just said itd be cool for me to register it out there.
a friend of mine did the same, and thats how i met the guy. only met him three or four times.

and the title to my car being mailed to him is kind of a weird thought for me..

Half time is a polyester filler. Polyesters are fine on plastic bumpers for small scrapes and scratches. Everyone I know including myself use it on bumpers with no problems.

thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure. i was so tired from work that i just came home and mixed up some of the stuff and slapped it on there and went inside.
the scratches are very minor. i just cant stand obvious defects in my paint.

AHH, okay i remember what youre talking about now. I think i saw a grille on ebay that had the si badge in it.

I found this grille with my bumper for 30$, along with a ton of other misc parts. So i might just go with it for now. Plus, I kinda like the plain-jane look of the OEM 99-00 front.

People throw them in there off the new ones. I thought about it but never did. I like the clean look of an empty grill. To each his own.
sifront.jpg

yeah i like the clean empty look as well.
the emblem in the grille is the last remaining honda emblem on the outside of my car.. fail.

im having a turbonetics banner made for the car.. kind of hard to explain but ill post pics when i get it on there.

with their tornado looking logo? I could see that woking.

bumping my own thread here but oh well.
picked up a set of used kumho 710s today. traded some spare parts worth maybe $50 for them :D
photo.jpg

hello cheap traction at the drags :)

Back