Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you were a woman, you would have just made me hot. :D Thanks for the links. Enjoy the rep! :thumbsup:

I mean all of that of course in a fathers, brothers, cousins, neighbors sort of way. :D

I'm getting that gauge pod, but I'm going to buy the autometer one. I don't like the way that one's texture looks.

Luis: Take a look at the gauge company's gauges I just bought.

EDIT: Hrm, the autometer one looks exactly the same as the obx, and glowshift one. I don't like how it covers part of the tach.

Trust me, it kinda bugs me too. But thats the only way it can really work. There is supports for the dash located right under the cluster, preventing the manufacturer from tilting the gauge back further or moving to a new location.

If you were a woman, you would have just made me hot. :D Thanks for the links. Enjoy the rep! :thumbsup:

I mean all of that of course in a fathers, brothers, cousins, neighbors sort of way. :D

LOL in a fathers, brothers, cousins, neighbors sort of way.. hahaha nice Luis..
PS..

Suprise tonight.. pics of a new toy up soon :)

LOL in a fathers, brothers, cousins, neighbors sort of way.. hahaha nice Luis..
PS..

Suprise tonight.. pics of a new toy up soon :)

Wooooooooooo! New pictures! It'll have to wait until tomorrow morning for me though, as I'm going home from UPS now, going to bed, then going to work at the airport in a few hours.

Here we go.. pics of the new toy as promised. :D

Well first off... my goofy ass holdin it..
mattznewboost.jpg

Oh noozzz
mattznewboost2.jpg

3" V-Band exhaust.. what?
mattznewboost4.jpg

Turbonetics T4. Woot woot. Got it really cheap. No shaft play, was still in the box and had been mounted up twice, but never ran.

What.. me? Or the turbo? LOL jk.. ya i know lol it was too good of a deal to pass up.. and I got my job back so money a plenty.. so figured hey why not buy it lol.

I think you made a very good call. :D What are the specs?

700-850 HP

Hope you don't exceed that.
Lol.

How much you pay?

WOW! I just pooped a li'l. No. I'm not foruming(word?) after a night of heavy drinking. lol. You look like a kid who just got the present you didn't ask for(ironically a huge f*cking turbo.. unless you're a midget)!

question however... I had to be nosey and look at the links for the pods. dont tell anyone or I'll kill... a pinata. i'm looking for either type r, si, or any cluster that has a tach. more over shooting for an si or type-r considering keeping the car in a character with the b16a(i was considering some mugen body upgrades with jdm fogs for cosmetics). i need to get my priorities set and find that obdII si ecu for them damn emissions!!!

Oh I know I'm lucky. I have a buddy that has all sorts of boosted toys, so he was willing to get rid of this pretty cheap.

He has a turbo'd 3000gt, a 350 swapped 280z, a Z28SS with a 175 shot and its all sorts of built, and to top it off a 96 volvo 740 turbo wagon, its a beast.

I talked him down to 500.. and it includes the vband flange, and a set of turbonetics intercooler piping clamps :D

that B18 looks so happy in its new home! again! updating the jealousy!!! let us know how that turbo nonvtec b series works out... i'm stoked for you!

Oh it is very happy, trust me. And it should work out pretty well, the head is getting fully built with Crower stage 2 turbo cams, and crower valve train. Also getting sent out for a PnP and a 5 angle valve job. :)

what did you do for sleeving, rods and pistons? did you drop the compression?

you can get up to 300hp on stock internals from what i read in i think the latest honda tuning mag.

Its stock sleeves for now. But it has JE pisons, eagle rods, arp rod bolts, arp head studs.

I'll be picking up another block, and that will be getting sleeved.

if i can drop my head on an ls block, i'll grab one and build on it for that LSVTEC(with epic echo effect, though they're probably rather common) and perhaps turbo that, especially if i'm going to build on it. i'm pretty indecisive as far as what i'm going to do for later, but I'd like to have a vtec twin overhead for right now. this will be my first ever. starting out with an ek, then swapped, then built on, then maybe later turbo'd. we'll see what happens in the future with this oil pricing issue.

Back