Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey i am new to the honda scene and just got a 1992 civic hatchback and am trying too find out the difference between eg and ek also how to tell and the swap looks great

93-95 EG, 96-00 EK. as far as the hatch cars go. the "EG" came with the split hatch as far as appearance goes. much more differences.

also. i like how in this honda tuning mag there's an article called 'spotlight, the scene is dead.' this [honda] tuning trend has been going on for 15 years and people say that its dying... and then here at the end it says that 'we're just getting started.' its kinda comforting.

Philly- Nope, I sold it man. Sorry. I had to pay bills lol.

Ps, I hate threadjackers, Luis. Annoying.

icon_threadjacked.gif

Well, the engine is now rebuilt with JE pistons and Eagle rods. It also has ARP head studs, ARP rod bolts, CROWER Stage 2 turbo camshafts, CROWER valvesprings and retainers, and will soon be getting some serious head work done.

After the head is buttoned up the plan is to install the turbo kit that I pieced together. Shooting for 400-450 whp.

Vtec isn't needed to make power. It's just nice to have. :D

I make in the neighborhood of 133HP with my 1.4 without vtec. I'm not sure if there's any more room for improvement though...

Matt: Can you take a few more pictures of the gauge-pod console bezel you've got? What brand is it? How'd it fit/how's it work? Does it cover up enough of the gauges to be annoying? What's the texture like?

I'm running a Garrett 60-1 for now. After I get the sleeved 2.0L LS in there, it will be the Turbonetics T4 that I bought.

awptickles: Yes I can take some more pics of it. Its sort of a grey color, it appears to fit my EK pillar OK, not very snug, though. I think its made for an accord. I'm unsure of what brand it is. It does cover the gauges fairly well.

awptickles: Yes I can take some more pics of it. Its sort of a grey color, it appears to fit my EK pillar OK, not very snug, though. I think its made for an accord. I'm unsure of what brand it is. It does cover the gauges fairly well.

Not the piller-pod, the one around your speedometer and tach.

Excuse me Mr. Matt sir, but I have a Civic and I want it to go fast. If I put a good engine in it and put a lot of stuff on it and boost it and supercharge it and hook it up with a 250 shot of nitrous and push it down a hill, then jump in it, put my hands up in the air, wave them around like I just don't care and yell WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Will that make it go faster than fast?

Not the piller-pod, the one around your speedometer and tach.

OHH yes, I'll update the interior pics soon, my friend.

I'll go do that right now as a matter of fact.

The brand is Glowshift
Its black
Fits perfectly in the OEM spot
Covers the gauges well

OHH yes, I'll update the interior pics soon, my friend.

I'll go do that right now as a matter of fact.

The brand is Glowshift
Its black
Fits perfectly in the OEM spot
Covers the gauges well

Did you take the pictures yet, Matt? Now passed about fifteen minutes ago. :D

Back