Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thats what I plan on doing, along with what klyph said. Just to be safe.

Yeah, not only money but a TON of time as well. it just seems silly to go throw it together like that after spending all the time to get the parts together. Just got my buddy's EG running, and man it is a nice little car.

My buddy has a b20/b16 hybrid in his eg hatch. thing is fricken sick. I personally like the ek hatches more though. I know what you mean about people thinking the vtec is what adds power. You don't even need to wire vtec to add quite a bit of power when replacing a b18 or b20 head. I was actually pretty shocked when I drove the eg hatch, all it had was a short ram intake, stage 3 clutch, a cat-back exhaust and the b16 head without vtec wired. Man that thing hauled balls.

I drove it over two years ago. he replaced the ecu with a p28 since then. After it is all said and done I am going to take a ton of pictures to post up here as well as 1/4 times.

I don't know if you have mentioned it but how do you plan on tuning again?

I have a chipped obd1 P75, and I plan on using CROME. I also have a chip from phearable.net coming, just for break in and to get me to the dyno for fine tuning.

HIDs, as in a 'HID Kit'? or projectors?

I hope it's projectors, or at the very least specially designed reflectors for HID bulbs.

awptickles - Its projectors. I was just too lazy to type that in the first post lol.

Luis- I went with Crower because I know they are a trusted company in cars. They have been around for many years with the older cars (mustangs, camaros, etc.). Also did some research on Buddy Club, Skunk2, and a couple other valvetrains and found that Crower seemed to be the only one that had near 100% positive feedback.

Also, here's an updated parts list for those of you just reading the thread:

96 Civic:
OBD2 B18B1 swap
JE 8.8:1 (w/ stock HG) pistons, Eagle H-Beam rods
ARP Rod bolts
ARP head studs
Crower "Stage 2" turbo cams
Crower titanium valvesprings/retainers
Turbonetics T4 (T72)
TiAL 38mm wastegate (will most likely sell and get a 44mm)
2.5" Intercooler piping
Synapse Synchronic BOV
780cc saturated injectors
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Chipped OBD1 P75 running PHEARABLE.NET basemap
Glowshift gauges and pods
TWM Short throw and weighted shift knob (55 grams I believe)
New OEM timing belt, gaskets

Thats what I've got for now.

Couple questions. I've read the LS-VTEC article on using a GSR water pump. This means you have to use a GSR timing belt, but that's for LS-VTEC. If I am staying with the LS head, can I use the GSR pump and belt and get away with it? I'm curious.

I am guessing you probably could use the gsr pump, and belt. But I stick to my single cam motors. lol As for the i/c piping I may have asked about this before but why 2.5 and not 2.0? I have heard smaller piping helps keep velocity.

As for the i/c piping I may have asked about this before but why 2.5 and not 2.0? I have heard smaller piping helps keep velocity.

I thought we went over this already?

Do a search for "pipe size" or something like that.

I am guessing you probably could use the gsr pump, and belt. But I stick to my single cam motors. lol As for the i/c piping I may have asked about this before but why 2.5 and not 2.0? I have heard smaller piping helps keep velocity.

I don't think I'll have to worry too much about velocity with a Turbonetics T4.

Single cams are great engines as well, the only reason I went with a DOHC is because it was instant power gains over the single cam.

I don't think I'll have to worry too much about velocity with a Turbonetics T4.

Single cams are great engines as well, the only reason I went with a DOHC is because it was instant power gains over the single cam.

Just say it, Matt...DOHC is sexier. haha

Then again, I go "both" ways. :ph34r: SOHC and DOHC. :D

Hahaha, great one, Luis. It is sexier.. I think. :)

SOHC and DOHC? Now you're just going to confuse the noobs. Wait for it, there will be a post in the engine building forums titled: "sohc AND dohc.. is it possible???" hahaha.

Back