Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, simply put, i am in college and i need to start saving up for my last two years. Two cars is too much for me right now. Its not a for sure sale yet. Still waiting to see if the buyer can get the funds. If it does sell, itll be going to a good home.

You should prally whore yourself out to pay for school, instead of sellin the car.

Just sayin.

haha, yeah if it does sell i will miss it. thats for sure.

the whole thing for me right now is that I recognize if I sacrifice a little fun now, itll pay off 10x in the future. graduating college with 0 debt would put me in a pretty good position at a young age.

so an update for you all. i swear i change my mind like i change clothes. previous deal for the sale of the car fell through as of right now, so i am going to plan on keeping it for a little longer.

car went back on the dyno just for kicks. now makes 335whp @ 12psi due to an intake manifold, and a retune. still a lot left in the car.

plans for the winter if i decide to keep it for another year or so:
-pull engine. re sleeve with the darton sleves i got, same bore. re-ring/re bearing the engine.
-gsr oil pump, gsr water pump, gsr timing belt of course
-fresh front and rear mains
-have the turbo looked over to be sure that all is well
-check over the head to be sure that nothing is damaged (seem to be getting some sort of a rattling noise that i just cant seem to figure out
-fresh pan gasket, valve cover gasket
-clean up some misc overspray in the jams, and around the trunk
-build a new piece of wood for the trunk
-stock seats back in
-oem front and rear bumpers, grille painted and installed

re tune to 450whp after 3,000 miles
run it at the track for a time slip
call it a day, put it up for sale.

i have a 94 dc2 ls an i want to make it into a ls vtec where can i go to get that done an have it be reliable ???

thread is pretty dead these days, but the car is running pretty well.. took it to the track this past weekend. 12.96@106

still pondering a new car though

thread is pretty dead these days, but the car is running pretty well.. took it to the track this past weekend. 12.96@106

still pondering a new car though

Nice job with the 12's. I feel like your trap is a little low:confused: My old hatch had 240whp at best and did 107-108. Look into e36 bmw's. My little brother just picked up a mint 97 M3 sedan. I took it around for a little flogging on the back roads and now I'm hooked.

Nice job with the 12's. I feel like your trap is a little low:confused: My old hatch had 240whp at best and did 107-108. Look into e36 bmw's. My little brother just picked up a mint 97 M3 sedan. I took it around for a little flogging on the back roads and now I'm hooked.

yeah, i forgot to add that the line on the FPR popped off right as i was coming out of 4th gear.. so i had to coast for a bit.. :(

im not sure what to look into. i dont know if i want a payment while im in school lol.. so i may just look into a clean crx for gas mileage.

lol.. timing belt snapped on my DD yesterday (the red accord). Was driving down the freeway, and the car just shut off. Pulled the cap and rotor off the dizzy to inspect them and tried turning the car over. The camshaft isnt turning when I bump the starter.

Looks like ill be DD'ing the Civic for a few days..

towed the accord to the mechanic that my uncle had do all the work on the car. there's no markings on the hood, nor the timing cover or anywhere else in the engine bay that say it was ever replaced.

chances are it was the original timing belt, and if so, im going to be pissed at my uncle for selling me a car with a timing belt well past due.

i simply dont have time to fix it, so its going to be done by the mechanic. $400 for a new TB, water pump, accessory belts, cam seal, and a valve adjustment.

Back